• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keplaz

ESR has been slowed down by injuries. He will make it to the top. He has too much in his locker not to. He will play for us next season, maybe the 10 we need. The Championship has been a good proving ground for young players recently.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
ESR has been slowed down by injuries. He will make it to the top. He has too much in his locker not to. He will play for us next season, maybe the 10 we need. The Championship has been a good proving ground for young players recently.
I see a future for him as a 10 or an 8. He has the right blend of work-rate, technical skill and intelligence to be a unique threat in that role. Much more creative than he appears aswell - maybe not the most pure playmaker but he can play some excellent passes and is capable of dribbling well to create space. Just needs to get a nice little run and stay fit.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see a future for him as a 10 or an 8. He has the right blend of work-rate, technical skill and intelligence to be a unique threat in that role. Much more creative than he appears aswell - maybe not the most pure playmaker but he can play some excellent passes and is capable of dribbling well to create space. Just needs to get a nice little run and stay fit.

Huddersfield fans love him and rate his quality higher than their entire squad. They want him back next season and believe he can push them towards the play offs. Says it all.

benjamin86

Established Member
Huddersfield fans love him and rate his quality higher than their entire squad. They want him back next season and believe he can push them towards the play offs. Says it all.
If he's only going to be used in Carabao etc then i hope we send him back to Huddersfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Smith-Rowe talent has never been in doubt. Had HF approves stamp on him three years ago and still has! Only injuries can kill his career here now.

Things are so much better when we are not loaning our talents to bum people like Bielsa.
His talent, as well as the rest of the group, was always in doubt by the majority of the fans. I debated here countless times whether they should take a bigger role at our club or should they be sold.
The player that is actually changing fans opinion on this is Saka, which for me is totally unexpected as for the last 2 years I thought it would be Nketiah or ESR who would first explode in our first team, but some bad luck with injuries and mismanagement led to this situation where they've barely touched the ball with us.
I still think injuries won't allow him to make a great career wherever he plays.

His talent, as well as the rest of the group, was always in doubt by the majority of the fans. I debated here countless times whether they should take a bigger role at our club or should they be sold.
The player that is actually changing fans opinion on this is Saka, which for me is totally unexpected as for the last 2 years I thought it would be Nketiah or ESR who would first explode in our first team, but some bad luck with injuries and mismanagement led to this situation where they've barely touched the ball with us.
I still think injuries won't allow him to make a great career wherever he plays.

I said it was Smith-Rowe as our biggest talent and most on this forum wanted Amaechi to get chances over Saka. I said no. Saka is better talent but it was hard to convince people. Even 4 weeks ago people were still hating on Saka even he is just 18 year old.

But the talent of Smith-Rowe has ALWAYS been there for anyone who has followed him in the young ranks. I think problem with you guys is that you don't watch these players at all and just think they should come in and be world class instantly when they get chances at seniors.

Nketiah is now here and IMO already better opinion than Lacazette who is probably the worst signing in the history of the club.

Hopefully we will see Nketiah and Smith-Rowe more involved next season with Arteta!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But the talent of Smith-Rowe has ALWAYS been there for anyone who has followed him in the young ranks. I think problem with you guys is that you don't watch these players at all and just think they should come in and be world class instantly when they get chances at seniors.

Nketiah is now here and IMO already better opinion than Lacazette who is probably the worst signing in the history of the club.

Hopefully we will see Nketiah and Smith-Rowe more involved next season with Arteta!
I'm definitely not the one you need to convince, I've said ESR was a baller the first time I saw him playing for u23 but that still doesn't deny the fact that he is injured most of the time so my expectations are lower because of that. Tbh, he is my favorite just because I love this type of versatile technical midfielders.

Nketiah is in a bad place with 3 strikers above him and as soon as we buy a left winger he will be permanently bench or loaned out. His only chance next season is a massive sale of senior forwards but that's a tricky topic that doesn't belong here

Nketiah is in a bad place with 3 strikers above him and as soon as we buy a left winger he will be permanently bench or loaned out. His only chance next season is a massive sale of senior forwards but that's a tricky topic that doesn't belong here

It will be interesting to see what happens with Nketiah. I already fancying him to take over from Lacazette this season. Auba might be gone in the summer and Laca too if he doesn't sign a new contract soon.

But if he goes on loan I hope we can find a good loan for him!

Pepes blue pill

Yeah I think we should have kept him. He looked very good in u23. I also think he should have stayed, pen the contract and opted to go on loan.

No idea what is happening with him in Germany. But he still has a lot of time!

Don't disagree, some were proper gutted tho, was as if he was our only youngster coming through, would like to know what has happened in germany tho, cant have impressed them much so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom