• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
I have come to realise, i really dislike Özil. It just ****s me off that a player with so much ability is just happy to coast through life and take home his parasite paycheque. If he had any drive/mental strength we wouldn't be in such a mess. Weak.
The guy has played 556 career games with Schalke, Werder, Real Madrid, Arsenal. Played 92 international games, including top performances on a World Cup they won.

Is Özil's ceiling really higher? He isn't a top athlete, he would have been even better if he was born 10 years ago, because today when basically all teams are immaculate physically, it's much more difficult for a player like Özil.

Özil isn't a parasite, he helped the Club win 3 FA Cup titles, almost helped us win a title (but the lack of a ****ing striker who can score goals interrupted that, thank you Olivier). He has declined of course, I would like to see him replaced as well, but show a little respect to a top player of the 2010s.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel his decline has mirrored how poor we’ve become creatively, there’s no decent attacking patterns anymore and no incisive passing.

Our midfielders aren’t really good at end product so outside of Özil there aren’t many options for unlocking defences.

I said in the summer we should have gone after Fekir. We could have got him and Ismailia Sarr for a combined 44M instead of Pepe and probably have been in a much better position than we are right now.

Would have had more money to chuck on other positions. 72M is looking a very irresponsible decision when it was clear we needed an Özil replacement.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
The guy has played 556 career games with Schalke, Werder, Real Madrid, Arsenal. Played 92 international games, including top performances on a World Cup they won.

Is Özil's ceiling really higher? He isn't a top athlete, he would have been even better if he was born 10 years ago, because today when basically all teams are immaculate physically, it's much more difficult for a player like Özil.

Özil isn't a parasite, he helped the Club win 3 FA Cup titles, almost helped us win a title (but the lack of a ****ing striker who can score goals interrupted that, thank you Olivier). He has declined of course, I would like to see him replaced as well, but show a little respect to a top player of the 2010s.
He's not disrespecting the player of the 2010's though. And why would that matter anyway, he was at Real Madrid. That player disappeared long ago.

Every player helped us win 3 FA cups. If we're going down the road of who contributed most to those 3 wins, Özil wouldn't be in the top 4 players. Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla and Kos/Per were bigger influences throughout, if we're being honest. Özil has two FA cups goals to his name in 7 years... But who cares anyway. That argument is dead unless he more or less did a 1986 Maradona and dragged us to those cup wins of which, he clearly did not. After all, I've been told for god knows how many years by his fans that he's 'not that type of player'.

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant

Why? Because he USED to be good for us?
He hasn’t even been half decent for years. All the while taking home 250k a week. He has a responsibility as a senior player with that wealth of experience you were so keen to point out to be able to help the team, to shoulder some responsibility. Not to hide and complain of back problems when he doesn’t fancy playing.

The guy isn’t even close to being an Arsenal legend so why should I treat him as one?

I dont buy the whole “if he was more athletic he would be a world beater” argument either, you dont have to be super athletic to make a difference to a team, the premiership has always been physical. Players like Rosicky are far more deserving of the adoration people so desperately want Özil to have.

Hes a weak, guy man, theres no other way to put it. He doesn’t have it in him to put in a decent 90mins. He throws strops and his shoulders drop like he has the weight of the world on him, all because he gets subbed for doing sweet FA.

Yeah he had a great 2010 for which I appreciate but there were 10 other players in the team that I also appreciated, most of all Per who in my opinion had far more of an impact over the course of his Arsenal career than the former worlds best no10 did.

bandaid

if you guys keep taking out your hate fantasies in this thread, then I am gonna go over to your favourite mediocre crap midfielders page and do the same. you have been warned. the guy who in almost two seasons hasnt scored a single goal in the PL and has just one assist, and you guys spend all of last season rah-rah-ing about. The pashun *****.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
if you guys keep taking out your hate fantasies in this thread, then I am gonna go over to your favourite mediocre crap midfielders page and do the same. you have been warned. the guy who in almost two seasons hasnt scored a single goal in the PL and has just one assist, and you guys spend all of last season rah-rah-ing about. The pashun *****.
This is why I love this thread. The crying. As long as I can make even one Oz-spaz cry, it'll always be worth it :drool:

Reactions: roz

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He won't be a starter for us next season.
:lol:

I can't wait to see this guy cry all over this thread
This is why I love this thread. The crying. As long as I can make even one Oz-spaz cry, it'll always be worth it :drool:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol:

You've finally cracked.

That's good

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Mes is way ahead of you fam

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Why? Because he USED to be good for us?
He hasn’t even been half decent for years. All the while taking home 250k a week. He has a responsibility as a senior player with that wealth of experience you were so keen to point out to be able to help the team, to shoulder some responsibility. Not to hide and complain of back problems when he doesn’t fancy playing.

The guy isn’t even close to being an Arsenal legend so why should I treat him as one?

I dont buy the whole “if he was more athletic he would be a world beater” argument either, you dont have to be super athletic to make a difference to a team, the premiership has always been physical. Players like Rosicky are far more deserving of the adoration people so desperately want Özil to have.

Hes a weak, guy man, theres no other way to put it. He doesn’t have it in him to put in a decent 90mins. He throws strops and his shoulders drop like he has the weight of the world on him, all because he gets subbed for doing sweet FA.

Yeah he had a great 2010 for which I appreciate but there were 10 other players in the team that I also appreciated, most of all Per who in my opinion had far more of an impact over the course of his Arsenal career than the former worlds best no10 did.
I hate to break it to you...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Playing devils advocate for a moment, how is Özil supposed to gauge his levels of performance? He could post a picture of his morning bowel movement on Instagram and it would get 100K likes from his army of sycophantic fans accompanied by comments such as “I will die for you my sweet prince”

The unwavering adulation in his social media bubble is completely disconnected from his actual performances. Based on this feedback, he would be well within his rights assuming that he deserved a statue outside the Emirates stadium when at best, his achievements are more deserving of having a special in Hornsey Kebab House named after him.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
at best, his achievements are more deserving of having a special in Hornsey Kebab House named after him.
As a massive lover of Turkish cuisine, what would the special be called though? 2010 Özil special would be on the main page, no doubt. A massive mixed grill with every Kebab meat under the sun, all the way down to the offal they love, like all manner of giblets and big fat Rams testicles. Current Özil would be on the vegan menu, found in the bottom left hand corner of the back page, and you'd have to eat it in their toilets. That classic Rum baba that's been sitting behind the glass display for the last 4 months would be a complimentary dessert. What would the special be called though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom