• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why do people aggresively have to take one side in this fan base? Can't you take from both sides? It reminds me about when people thought they had to pick between Emery or Özil, when in fact I thought they were both not doing a good enough job for what was expected of them.

Wenger revolutionised the PL and achieved some great things for this football club. But in the remaining years of his tenure here he got embarassed on multiple occasions and it was time to go. I dont care if we didnt soend enough money, no team should be losing 10-2 to Bayern on aggregate, being thrashed 6-0, 7-1, 8-2 etc. Thankfully he somewhat atoned for these embarassing results by getting us some trophies before he left.

Lets just move on, he did so much for us but then he rightly left the club.
Hey, what is this? A sensible and balanced view on Wenger? Is this really AM? ;) Thanks for posting!

I for one think he can return in some upstairs function. He is someone who has the clubs best interest at heart and knows football. There should be someplace for him to work. I think his time as coach and manager has passed but Arsenal is a big club so there should be something he can work with should he want to return.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Hey, what is this? A sensible and balanced view on Wenger? Is this really AM? ;) Thanks for posting!

I for one think he can return in some upstairs function. He is someone who has the clubs best interest at heart and knows football. There should be someplace for him to work. I think his time as coach and manager has passed but Arsenal is a big club so there should be something he can work with should he want to return.

What HE thought was in the best interest of the club was not thou...

scytheavatar

Established Member

Wenger is not a team player........ you think Arteta will be able to be a success with Wenger's shadow looking over him? Wenger had to go because we have already reached the limit of how far we can go under the culture and attitude he has imparted us, and now the last thing we need is more of Wenger's influence in the club. We need to head towards a new direction not think we are better off with the old direction.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
The club did everything that the "fans" wanted. Money was spent. Wenger left. Agents were used. Big wheeler dealer directors were appointed. World class european trophy winning coach was installed. Proven experienced players were bought. Team played direct and with Pashun and faacking ran around a bit. Old tippy tappy wenger players were summarily dispatched. We got some dirty players who could dive and cheat and buy fouls. Got a good big goalkeeper. Got some new proven defenders. Got a tough little Kante style DM. Got two 50M + strikers. Got a 80M+ winger. Fantastic stuff. The "fans" got their Arsenal "back"

Today. Liverpool 73 points. Arsenal 31 points.
Mod Edit: say no to racism

Last edited by a moderator:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do people aggresively have to take one side in this fan base? Can't you take from both sides? It reminds me about when people thought they had to pick between Emery or Özil, when in fact I thought they were both not doing a good enough job for what was expected of them.

Wenger revolutionised the PL and achieved some great things for this football club. But in the remaining years of his tenure here he got embarassed on multiple occasions and it was time to go. I dont care if we didnt soend enough money, no team should be losing 10-2 to Bayern on aggregate, being thrashed 6-0, 7-1, 8-2 etc. Thankfully he somewhat atoned for these embarassing results by getting us some trophies before he left.

Lets just move on, he did so much for us but then he rightly left the club.
Fans got carried away with those loses. Bayern Munich put 7 past Sp**s last October.

Wenger may have lost a few like that with his swashbuckling all out attack but he always beat plenty of teams to get a trophy every other year on average, and finish in the top 4 for 20 years, until the fans took him down.

Give me his all out attack any day than the bland crap and the zillion draws we've had since he left, which has seen fall to an embarrassing mid-table.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The club did everything that the "fans" wanted. Money was spent. Wenger left. Agents were used. Big wheeler dealer directors were appointed. World class european trophy winning coach was installed. Proven experienced players were bought. Team played direct and with Pashun and faacking ran around a bit. Old tippy tappy wenger players were summarily dispatched. We got some dirty players who could dive and cheat and buy fouls. Got a good big goalkeeper. Got some new proven defenders. Got a tough little Kante style DM. Got two 50M + strikers. Got a 80M+ winger. Fantastic stuff. The "fans" got their Arsenal "back"

You really are an idiot

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Fans got carried away with those loses. Bayern Munich put 7 past Sp**s last October.

Wenger may have lost a few like that with his swashbuckling all out attack but he always beat plenty of teams to get a trophy every other year on average, and finish in the top 4 for 20 years, until the fans took him down.

Give me his all out attack any day than the bland crap and the zillion draws we've had since he left, which has seen fall to an embarrassing mid-table.
The last year or two of Wenger's reign was certainly pointing toward this direction. That last few months of the season before he left was depressing.

We can't say its a bad decision just because we brought in the wrong guy to replace him, I get frustrated with that logic. He was on the decline and it was time to go. Maybe not to you, but his reputation was getting tarnished with every passing season.

And you mention one Sp**s result (which was in the lead up to Poch being sacked) and it is Sp**s anyway...
I mentioned multiple results there which were just horrendous sorry.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Özil fans having a meltdown.

:drool:

You love to see it

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

The last year or two of Wenger's reign was certainly pointing toward this direction. That last few months of the season before he left was depressing.

We can't say its a bad decision just because we brought in the wrong guy to replace him, I get frustrated with that logic. He was on the decline and it was time to go. Maybe not to you, but his reputation was getting tarnished with every passing season.

And you mention one Sp**s result (which was in the lead up to Poch being sacked) and it is Sp**s anyway...
I mentioned multiple results there which were just horrendous sorry.
And I get frustrated by that drivel that Wenger took us down hill in the last two years of his reign. He had 20 years to show everybody his constistency in one of the toughest leagues in the world, no matter how little money he had to spend. No other manager has ever acheived that.

And no other manager in the top 4 ever received the sort of onslaught that Wenger received from the fans in those two years. With planes overhead, rants, memes, boycotts and protests he still only missed out by 1 point in 2017. No, the fans took him down. End of story, whether or not it was time for him to go. No team or manager could have worked through that atmosphere.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

And I get frustrated by that drivel that Wenger took us down hill in the last two years of his reign. He had 20 years to show everybody his constistency in one of the toughest leagues in the world, no matter how little money he had to spend. No other manager has ever acheived that.

And no other manager in the top 4 ever received the sort of onslaught that Wenger received from the fans in those two years. With planes overhead, rants, memes, boycotts and protests he still only missed out by 1 point in 2017. No, the fans took him down. End of story, whether or not it was time for him to go. No team or manager could have worked through that atmosphere.
You've got a point there at the end reading that. Thinking about that, we must have one of the funniest group of fans ever, loyal & they love the club but can too easily turn on the managers & players after only 1-2 losses haha. I don't think we'd see ,any other clubs fans fly planes with signs over, so many protests etc. to get rid of long serving managers.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Club did everything the fans wanted because it is run by a bunch of MBAs who had no vision. No one who could see into the future and make unpopular decisions that will pay off in the end. Blaming the fans is pointless because by the time the fans drive your manager out, it's already too late. Far too late.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Club did everything the fans wanted because it is run by a bunch of MBAs who had no vision. No one who could see into the future and make unpopular decisions that will pay off in the end. Blaming the fans is pointless because by the time the fans drive your manager out, it's already too late. Far too late.
A lot of Wenger in fans saw the future and predicted what would happen if he left. Guess what, they were right.

Wenger was the problem right? Man finished above his spend for nearly 22 years but the problem was always his tippy tappy football... Emery underperforms - Wengers fault...

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
You've got a point there at the end reading that. Thinking about that, we must have one of the funniest group of fans ever, loyal & they love the club but can too easily turn on the managers & players after only 1-2 losses haha. I don't think we'd see ,any other clubs fans fly planes with signs over, so many protests etc. to get rid of long serving managers.
It was all for the clout.

People underestimate the power if sheep mentality and the hunger for attention.

Hated AFTV before the Wenger drivel, hate it even more now after it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I didnt say he took us down? Just said it became stale and was time to amicably part ways.

What you say for the rest of that paragraph doesnt really link to that. He had a great 20 years here for the most part, what does that have to do with the last few years?

Top Bottom