• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pape Gueye

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Would be very smart transfer i read so much positive things about him we lack height and someone strong that can bully people in midfield. For 6m its no brainer specially if we got another experienced mid if we sold xhaka in summer.
Exactly what we need. If he has a decent pass on him we are golden.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He gives strength, speed and physicality. He will be worth 40 million in a year's time if he moves to another club. Getting him now makes so much sense.
I suppose, but Guendouzi for example surpassed expectations but hes still far too young to be trusted on

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I get your point but I think our finances will require us to pick up talent like this rather than splash big on a proven experienced player. Even if we do sell Xhaka, Laca, maybe Auba too, we will need to spend big on a goal scoring winger, assuming Martinelli moves to CF. Possibly a RB depending on what Soares does and maybe a CF unless we go with Martinelli & Nketiah.
Lets say we keep one of Auba or Laca, we'd need a winger, AM, CM, CB imo. So yeh its then up to Arteta about what position he wants to prioritise.

Now that I think about it maybe this would be smart. We are actually looking quite solid in CM and just need a different type of player. Im desperate for a number 8/10 though, would like us to sign either Ziyech or Grealish.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Looks tidy from the highlights - good pass on him, can tackle. Has the height but needs to put on weight to be physically imposing. Haven't seen much to show that he can beat a press, though, and that's a must have as evidenced by Xhaka.

Could be a nice bargain purchase, but I still think Boubakary Soumaré and Ibrahim Sangaré should be seen as the chief targets for Xhaka replacement. Shouldn't be shy to spend for the midfield, that's the position that'll define where we are as a club.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Lets say we keep one of Auba or Laca, we'd need a winger, AM, CM, CB imo. So yeh its then up to Arteta about what position he wants to prioritise.

Now that I think about it maybe this would be smart. We are actually looking quite solid in CM and just need a different type of player. Im desperate for a number 8/10 though, would like us to sign either Ziyech or Grealish.

Yes either of those and I'd be happy, we are definitely missing the goals that Ramsey added. I think Xhaka has improved but I'd sell him in the summer for £30m for sure, I'd be happy with Gueye, Willock, Torreira, Guendouzi + Ziyech or Grealish in midfield. I'd love to keep Auba for another year or two but I think he will want out. I don't want to keep Laca, that I'm certain of. Even if it meant having just Martinelli & Nketiah as our CF's.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Looks tidy from the highlights - good pass on him, can tackle. Has the height but needs to put on weight to be physically imposing. Haven't seen much to show that he can beat a press, though, and that's a must have as evidenced by Xhaka.

Could be a nice bargain purchase, but I still think Boubakary Soumaré and Ibrahim Sangaré should be seen as the chief targets for Xhaka replacement. Shouldn't be shy to spend for the midfield, that's the position that'll define where we are as a club.

Nobody is replacing Xhaka merely complementing him!

First Choice for the third manager in a row.

We should play with another cm not an Özil or özilesque cm anyway

LG10

We already have Xhaka and Torreira so I'm not sure why we'd get another 6. We need an 8 and a 10 desperately.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

We need to upgrade on Xhaka. 2 out of those 3 managers who made Xhaka their first choice are currently not coaching. I hope Arteta learns from the mistakes of his predecessors

sykesy69

So for 3 managers you haven't felt like Xhaxa needed upgrading?

I know MA is getting the best out of him and mitigating his floors, but can't we hope that there are options out there that can bring his best and more?

He's undroppable in our current state as there's no alternative, but that shouldn't mean he's not replaceable.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So for 3 managers you haven't felt like Xhaxa needed upgrading?

I know MA is getting the best out of him and mitigating his floors, but can't we hope that there are options out there that can bring his best and more?

He's undroppable in our current state as there's no alternative, but that shouldn't mean he's not replaceable.

Realistic upgrade No
Unrealistic sure

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
You can't talk about Xhaka as being irreplaceable, in the same way you could about many of our previous starting midfielders.

Is this guy gonna come in from ligue 2 and instantly become a Xhaka replacement though? Probably not.

I was watching a highlights package on youtube and he does seem to have something about him. If it's a low fee then it's a no brainer.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We already have Xhaka and Torreira so I'm not sure why we'd get another 6. We need an 8 and a 10 desperately.
Xhaka definitely isn't a 6 though. I see him as a creative midfielder ultimately, just a limited one because he isn't able to drive/dribble forward.

Gunner-Union

Not against this as it will be cheap and France has a great record of producing good players of African descent. Not seen him play but he appears to be big and hopefully powerful.

LG10

Xhaka definitely isn't a 6 though. I see him as a creative midfielder ultimately, just a limited one because he isn't able to drive/dribble forward.
He definitely is a 6, that’s where he made a name for himself at gladbach and where he’s been playing under Arteta.

StefanB

Would be an exciting this. Tall, skinny and unknown with good technique and passing ability. Could be worth 10 times the reported £6m in a season or two if he makes the step up.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He definitely is a 6, that’s where he made a name for himself at gladbach and where he’s been playing under Arteta.

He's a 6 in the way he's positioned, but he's not a holding midfielder. Deep-lying playmaker with good physical attributes.

Fact of the matter is, his inability to beat the press and push forward puts a cap on his abilities as a player, especially as a PL player. He needs to be replaced with someone who can push forward.

Realistic upgrade No
Unrealistic sure

There definitely are realistic targets who would be upgrades on Xhaka. Look around a bit. Look into Ligue 1, especially.

Top Bottom