• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle United | Sunday February 16 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WelllitApprehensiveBadger-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

An AmericanGooner thread, draw or loss for me here.

I hope.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

How are you? You have been very down recently. You ok?

I'm really good actually mate, just bored of posting about football since it's rubbish this season. It's why I try change topics in most threads.

Other than that I've been super busy in my real life, feels like a chore coming on here atm.

You okay?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...Arsène and winning FA Cup finals coming together like...

FriendlyGentleKillifish-size_restricted.gif

Also, Cup Final in the 1990s...get in the studio lads!

Riou

…trying to keep track of all the goals in this match, like...

GroundedDishonestAsianelephant-size_restricted.gif

Wagwaan

I think the break will do us some good. I've watched Newcastle a fair bit this season and they have been awfull. Not as defensively solid as other lower teams and dog ****e going forward. If we dont win this game we deserve to stay in the bottom 10.

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Mari - Saka
Xhaka - Torreira - Luiz
Pepe - Laca - Auba

Tempted to drop Pepe/Laca for Gabigol but I think we need others to find form. Gabby can come off the bench grab a goal and be fresh as a daisy for hatty against Olympiakos.

Squillaci

I think the break will do us some good. I've watched Newcastle a fair bit this season and they have been awfull. Not as defensively solid as other lower teams and dog ****e going forward. If we dont win this game we deserve to stay in the bottom 10.

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Mari - Saka
Xhaka - Torreira - Luiz
Pepe - Laca - Auba

Tempted to drop Pepe/Laca for Gabigol but I think we need others to find form. Gabby can come off the bench grab a goal and be fresh as a daisy for hatty against Olympiakos.

You definitely made some mistakes in that formation.

Riou

...another Jenas classic here!

Playing the first game of the season, you want to get off to the best start possible...playing away to Arsenal in 2005 is a very tough start, with how good we were back then...you need your midfield to be hardworking and most of all, very disciplined, as they will have some running to do...or you could charge in with a reckless challenge, get sent off, forcing your teammates to play against an extra man for an hour.

True Sp**s legend...knobhead...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Major storms predicted for the UK this weekend, the game could potentially be impacted in some way.

Yup. I’m getting in the excuses early.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

First of all at the moment we struggle against anyone. We recently played 2 games against Bournemouth. The worst team in the league form wise (at that time they had lost 10 in their last 12 games) yet we barely looked any better than them.

Newcastle, however bad they seem to be are still a better side than the current shambles of a Bournemouth team. That is not mentioning Newcastle this season have beaten Sp**s, Chelsea, Man Utd and drew with City. That can't all be a fluke, they can be a dangerous side on their day.

But I would like to see a noticable improvement from us in this game, especially in attack. We really need to start producing better performances against teams like these. We can't use the excuse of not having the players. We undoubtedly have better players than Newcastle, so if we get the tactics right we should be dispatching them comfortably. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
First of all at the moment we struggle against anyone. We recently played 2 games against Bournemouth. The worst team in the league form wise (at that time they had lost 10 in their last 12 games) yet we barely looked any better than them.

Newcastle, however bad they seem to be are still a better side than the current shambles of a Bournemouth team. That is not mentioning Newcastle this season have beaten Sp**s, Chelsea, Man Utd and drew with City. That can't all be a fluke, they can be a dangerous side on their day.

But I would like to see a noticable improvement from us in this game, especially in attack. We really need to start producing better performances against teams like these. We can't use the excuse of not having the players. We undoubtedly have better players than Newcastle, so if we get the tactics right we should be dispatching them comfortably. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Cherry picking stats. Bournemouth also beat Chelsea and man united.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Cherry picking stats. Bournemouth also beat Chelsea and man united.

How is that cherry picking? I specifically said we played Bournemouth when they were the worst team in the league form wise for nearly a third of the season. it was a comment more about us, highlighting if we struggle to beat a team in that form we will most likely struggle to beat a Newcastle side who actually seem to do well against the big sides. Even if those tend to be at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom