• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Bit of a weird one, innit? I mean, these people support a non-plastic club for a start... And then they actually pay thousands every year to watch us in our current sh!t state. Then some guy who lives in another country and watches us on the internet, calls them plastic because he knows how old Ramsey was when he signed his Arsenal contract, and the supporter who goes every week, doesn't, or didn't :D

Moah

No plastic fan stays with Arsenal in our current state. If there were any plastic fans they came and went about 10 - 15 years ago.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I'm a bit surprised that fella got the Henry question wrong but then it was a long time ago now.

I was disappointed to see most of the questions repeated instead of having different for each contestant.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bit of a weird one, innit? I mean, these people support a non-plastic club for a start... And then they actually pay thousands every year to watch us in our current sh!t state. Then some guy who lives in another country and watches us on the internet, calls them plastic because he knows how old Ramsey was when he signed his Arsenal contract, and the supporter who goes every week, doesn't, or didn't :D

Bit harsh don't ya think...

None of us can control where, or when we are born...it's just nothing, then one day "oh, I'm alive now" ...people can control the things they care about though.

Regardless where you live, especially in the Premiership era where it is so easy to watch matches from abroad, as long as you are happy when we win and sad when we lose...then you're a fan!

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

I was only using the terminology Robbie used in the first place (The title of the series is also *Arsenal or plastic?) Also halfway joking. But. fair enough.

BTW: Knowing things that happened to the club during the time you were an Arsenal fan is basic knowledge for me (Unless more than a decade or so ago, especially when it concerns only a sidenote. Which is why I was so impressed with Claude still knowing exactly who we lost against after 30 years. And I'm only disappointed in Curtis because its Henry after all. Honest mistake though and all that.)

Anything older and I absolutly would understand not knowing it. Ask me anything specific about what happened before 2009 and it would be a coin toss, even an absolute miracle if I knew the answer. Anything after that I remember at least somewhat though. Especially when it concerns some big event.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Bit harsh don't ya think...

None of us can control where, or when we are born...it's just nothing, then one day "oh, I'm alive now" ...people can control the things they care about though.

Regardless where you live, especially in the Premiership era where it is so easy to watch matches from abroad, as long as you are happy when we win and sad when we lose...then you're a fan!
What's harsh is people labeling hard spending fans of a non-plastic club, 'plastic'. What gives anyone the right to call another gooner, of all clubs, 'plastic'?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I was only using the terminology Robbie used in the first place (The title of the series is also *Arsenal or plastic?) Also halfway joking. But. fair enough.
Robbie's bantering. I don't think you were? I'm not saying you're evil, I'm just pointing something out. Too much sh!t gets said about our fans by our own fans on here tbh. It's cool though, I don't think you meant it in bad way fwiw. ;)

Last edited:

Riou

What's harsh is people labeling hard spending fans of a non-plastic club, 'plastic'. What gives anyone the right to call another gooner, of all clubs, 'plastic'?

Didn't Robbie call them plastic, jokingly of course, in the video title.

What does that have to do with someone living in another country, supporting the club?

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Robbie's bantering. I don't think you were? I'm not saying you're evil, I'm just pointing something out. Too much sh!t gets said about our fans by our own fans on here tbh. It's cool though, I don't think you meant it in bad way fwiw. ;)

I was bantering, especially because its related to AFTV and as you said Robbie was already bantering in the title and the intro.

... And kinda because its Turkish. Turkish is a special one for me there, because he could list off exactly how much we're paying each player like its nobody's buisness and moan about it.

Which is fair enough, but it makes him answering zero history questions correct while spending tons of effort and research on everything that goes wrong with the club currently a bit hilarious. (IMO) :D

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Supported Arsenal over 25+ years, my guess is we signed Henry in 2000?

Am I right or wrong, I dont know as it was over 20years ago, being able to remember things like this dont make you the best or worst fan, it just proves if you have a good memory or not :lol:

For me personally, a lot of our seasons blend into packages and I cannot pick out certain years, they're just chunks ie 97-99, 00-05, 06-09 etc, 2010-2015 is just a cluster **** for me, I know what happened during them years but ask me too pick a date for stuff, god no, all seem the same!

The brain holds weird information, I can name pretty much the whole Leeds Utd squad during their CL run and dismantling, same with Blackburn around 00-02, why? **** knows, I have no care for either of these clubs..

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Supported Arsenal over 25+ years, my guess is we signed Henry in 2000?

Am I right or wrong, I dont know as it was over 20years ago, being able to remember things like this dont make you the best or worst fan, it just proves if you have a good memory or not :lol:

For me personally, a lot of our seasons blend into packages and I cannot pick out certain years, they're just chunks ie 97-99, 00-05, 06-09 etc, 2010-2015 is just a cluster **** for me, I know what happened during them years but ask me too pick a date for stuff, god no, all seem the same!

The brain holds weird information, I can name pretty much the whole Leeds Utd squad during their CL run and dismantling, same with Blackburn around 00-02, why? **** knows, I have no care for either of these clubs..

They were quite a team!
From the top of My head
Mark Viduka
Harry Kewell
Jon Woodgate
Lee Bowyers
Ian Harte

Was Rio there? Joey Barton?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
They were quite a team!
From the top of My head
Mark Viduka
Harry Kewell
Jon Woodgate
Lee Bowyers
Ian Harte

Was Rio there? Joey Barton?

Rio was there 00-02, not sure about Barton, but there was a lot of talent there, Alan Smith, Michael Bridges who got injured and career never recovered.

Also Nigel Martyn, Paul Robinson, Olivier Dacourt, James Milner was young, Danny Mills was there.

Robbie Fowler & Robbie Keane, team was young and talented.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Rio was there 00-02, not sure about Barton, but there was a lot of talent there, Alan Smith, Michael Bridges who got injured and career never recovered.

Also Nigel Martyn, Paul Robinson, Olivier Dacourt, James Milner was young, Danny Mills was there.

Robbie Fowler & Robbie Keane, team was young and talented.

And now it is almost a verb "to do a Leeds" :p

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
What does that have to do with someone living in another country, supporting the club?
Simply, people that live outside the country don’t get the chance to show the sort of support that paying fans do, week in week out. That’s just the way it is. I kind of include myself in that group because I don’t go to games often either so I can scarcely call myself a ‘supporter’—I’m a fan.

A lot of our fans who live in London can barely afford it these days, but they make the decision to carry on supporting because the club runs through the veins. They put themselves on display for fans around the world to criticise, and they do get criticised. Just as some fans around the world can call our fans in the stadium ****, I think a fair response by fans who feel more of a connection to match going fans can say ‘ who the **** are you?’. It always seems to be criticism directed from one specific group to another that sparks these discussions... funny, that!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Might as well do Blackburn whilst I'm at it;

Matt Jansen
Damien Duff
David Dunn
Andy Cole
Tugay
Brad Friedel
Grabbi (huge flop at the time)
Keith Gillespie
Dwight Yorke
John Curtis
Henning Berg
Lucas Neill
Mark Hughes
Jason McAteer
Marcus Bent

Actually I do know why I know this crap - Championship Manager, I could probably do Newcastle as well from them times :lol:

Valencia of 2000 as well, Gaizka Mendieta, Carew, Aimar, Vicente, Canizares, Kily Gonzalez, Deschamps, Baraja, Illie, Ayala, Carbone..

Its actually quite interesting how teams assemble a 'nearly' squad as in a super talented squad that nearly achieves things then gets torn apart;

Deportivo
Valencia
Tottenham :lol:
Leeds
Parma

All at one point had good young squads.

I also recall Lazio winning the league with Sven the torn apart.

Riou

Arsenal and Leeds are kindred spirits imo, different side of the same coin.

Our owner ruined our club by spending no money, their owner ruined their club by spending all of the money! :lol:

Simply, people that live outside the country don’t get the chance to show the sort of support that paying fans do, week in week out. That’s just the way it is. I kind of include myself in that group because I don’t go to games often either so I can scarcely call myself a ‘supporter’—I’m a fan.

A lot of our fans who live in London can barely afford it these days, but they make the decision to carry on supporting because the club runs through the veins. They put themselves on display for fans around the world to criticise, and they do get criticised. Just as some fans around the world can call our fans in the stadium ****, I think a fair response by fans who feel more of a connection to match going fans can say ‘ who the **** are you?’. It always seems to be criticism directed from one specific group to another that sparks these discussions... funny, that!

Certain Fans abroad have to get up at ridiculous times to watch the team, talkin' kick offs in the am here, doesn't stop them supporting/watching the club...just because someone is lucky enough to live near the ground and go to more matches live, doesn't make them better fans.

People get pissed off with the likes of DT and Claude, because they are quite annoying...don't think anyone accuses anyone from AFTV for being plastic, some of them are just dicks as people...think DT tweeted something like "I am like marmite, you either love me or hate me" ...anyone who describes themselves like this is usually a turbo ****, who is hated by pretty much everyone!

Also not saying fans from abroad care more than fans from London, we all support the club in our own important way.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Might as well do Blackburn whilst I'm at it;

Matt Jansen
Damien Duff
David Dunn
Andy Cole
Tugay
Brad Friedel
Grabbi (huge flop at the time)
Keith Gillespie
Dwight Yorke
John Curtis
Henning Berg
Lucas Neill
Mark Hughes
Jason McAteer
Marcus Bent

Actually I do know why I know this crap - Championship Manager, I could probably do Newcastle as well from them times :lol:

Valencia of 2000 as well, Gaizka Mendieta, Carew, Aimar, Vicente, Canizares, Kily Gonzalez, Deschamps, Baraja, Illie, Ayala, Carbone..

Its actually quite interesting how teams assemble a 'nearly' squad as in a super talented squad that nearly achieves things then gets torn apart;

Deportivo
Valencia
Tottenham :lol:
Leeds
Parma

All at one point had good young squads.

I also recall Lazio winning the league with Sven the torn apart.

Yeah that Valencia team was cool

But the team of 2000 that was the coolest was Roma

Cafu
Samuel
Emerson
Totti
Batistuta
Montella
Delvecchio
Candela
Zebina
The other Zanetti
Tommasi

After the invincibles My fav "team" of all times

On the other Side of the spectrum Nedved era Juve were something but tarnished, great players thou

Latest posts+

Top Bottom