• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He'll sign new long term contract after giving him chance at just 18 years old and step by step becoming important team player why would he leave?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I like bashing the club more than most but whats the big deal here?

18 months on a deal not out of the ordinary for an 18 year old coming through... read he signed his last deal 2018 so makes sense getting the next one done around January - Summer this year.

Lots of room to get the deal done with him on 3k & a decent time window to get it done. If player wants to test the market so be it, a big risk for him & replaceable even if a shame.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we lose Saka we would have to question our entire youth contract set up. There is no point waiting for a successful youth player to come though the ranks and then lose them to a competitor. We may just as well buy them at 20 from other clubs and scrap our youth teams completely.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If we lose Saka we would have to question our entire youth contract set up. There is no point waiting for a successful youth player to come though the ranks and then lose them to a competitor. We may just as well buy them at 20 from other clubs and scrap our youth teams completely.
FWIW, Miguel Azeez signed a 3 year deal with a 2 year option - so basically 5 years. Clearly they're changing that depending on the strength of the talent.

Afro Mugo

The maximum a player can sign for in his first pro contract is 3 years hence why he still has 18 months and tbf he's big breakthrough has been this season. I don't think we should fault the club too much because I'm sure discussions have been going on for a while. I'm not sure of Azeez's deal structure but I guess it's either a loophole they've discovered recently as a result of the departures of the likes of Amaechi because not even Chelsea and City have been able to navigate around that law.

Vantastico

Liverpool and Bayern are some clubs to get linked to, but it's not a smart time currently for him to make that move in his career. He's probably aware of the opportunity to grow here at Arsenal, especially under the wings of Mikel Arteta.

Otoh, £ukayo $aka the second coming of €a$hley €ole if he ever does decide to leave us.

Just joking. Though I really hope he loves the Arsenal and we give enough back to him as a club that he realizes he only wants to play and win trophies for us. Sadly however that sort of loyalty is a bit of a pipedream nowadays.

Last edited:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I have a sneaky feeling that not playing left back is probably a significant part of the negotiations.

I hope this is not the case. When he plays as LB, under Arteta, he will be used as a very very attacking LB and most of the times he is going to be near the opposition box. He is getting goals and assists playing there now. Will be really stupid if the position is a big part going in his head. TBH for the first team, he has played much better at LB than LW, though it is a very small sample. I'm sure he will get the chance at LW/RW some time in the future even at Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hope this is not the case. When he plays as LB, under Arteta, he will be used as a very very attacking LB and most of the times he is going to be near the opposition box. He is getting goals and assists playing there now. Will be really stupid if the position is a big part going in his head. TBH for the first team, he has played much better at LB than LW, though it is a very small sample. I'm sure he will get the chance at LW/RW some time in the future even at Arsenal.
I think he's accredited himself very well in both positions. It's been mentioned before, particularly by Ljungberg, that he really doesn't like playing there. I think he's better LB than AMN is at RB so you can build more of a case for him of course, but I think he has in his mind that he's an attacker first and foremost - and looking at his numbers in what is essentially a breakout season, not too hard to argue that he can afford to be given more chances further forward.

That said, I think he's humble enough to still give good performances as an LB - and I think it's very likely he will sign. It's not something I'm worried about but I'd imagine he does still want more chances further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom