• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I agree. I am interested to know whether Arsenal fans would put Guen or Torreira in that category. As in can we consider them as players that have exploded? How much can they fetch if sold?

I would put Guendouzi in the category for sure, signed for £6.3m, now valued at £45m by Transfermarkt.

Torreira was signed for £36 and is valued at £40.5m so not so much.

Martinelli is another in the Guendouzi mould, signed for £4.5m, now valued at £16.2m although I think he would fetch more than that if he were be made available for transfer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I would put Guendouzi in the category for sure, signed for £6.3m, now valued at £45m by Transfermarkt.

Torreira was signed for £36 and is valued at £40.5m so not so much.

Martinelli is another in the Guendouzi mould, signed for £4.5m, now valued at £16.2m although I think he would fetch more than that if he were be made available for transfer.

Torreira cost £24m.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think it is clear that Arteta wants competition all over the pitch. I know we are heavily linked to Upamecano, but I dont see us spending 50 million on a left sided centre back who isn't left footed, in the last year of his deal with a history of knee issues. We could get Gabriel and Matviyenko for at least 15 million less.

Papa Gueye looks like a Xhaka replacement to me. Left sided, good passer but also quicker and more agile.

It will be interesting to see who he inverts when Tierney returns but adding more security in midfield next season allows more room for problem solving.

A key area is midfield. If Gueye comes in, he can play as a holder in a 3 or in a double pivot. We need that productive KDB type.

We have been linked to Aouar, but we should go in for Adli. His game resembles KDB so much and he would be so cheap that we could probably get both.

Upamecano and some of our poor defenders out
Edouard and Laca out

Would actually be history of us making a good transfer window in first time since we signed Sanchez.

Papa Gueye also looks like German tank in WWII compared to Xhaka as American tank.

Get them three in. Get Chukwueze in swap deal for Pepe and we will have finally something to cheer for!

Malky

Established Member
What happened to Konate?

Who has the highest ceiling amongst Upamecano, Konate and Zagadou?
Konate has been injured this season, heard it's next month before he could be back.
From what I seen last season I'd rather a fully fit Konate, thought he was outstanding. Upamecano isn't a bad alternative though, I'd be delighted if we signed him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What happened to Konate?

Zagadou is left footed and calmer on the ball. Konate is the better defender but isn't very good on the ball. Upamecano is hyped up but he is error prone and doesn't read the game very well. All about his raw attributes.

Gabriel at Lille would be cheaper and is better than all of them in my opinion. He is also left footed. Him and Saliba would be good.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
From a VfB Stuttgart "Insider" on tranfermarkt, who seems pretty close to some inner circles around Mislintat and or Hitzlsperger, seems to work in or around the industry as he gives great general insight into the footie world with his posts and usually has decent info.

"Another name to maybe keep in mind for the summer is Konstantinos Mavropanos. Allegedly VfB wanted to get him in the winter after the Badstuber injury, but his loan to Nuremburg was practically already done. At Arsenal Mislintat signed Mavropanos from Greece and seems still convinced by the player's talent. Mavropanos is seen as a CB with all the tools, physically strong, good in duels and with neat passing."

"Subject in the winter was a loan to give Mavropanos more games. The perspective in the summer is a bit unclear; Arteta is expected to lead/driving a rebuild at Arsenal, Sokratis and Mustafi will probably be candidates to sell. Mari has been signed already and Saliba will join in the summer. Then on top of that there's David Luiz and Rob Holding. Holding will presumably be higher in the pecking order than Mavropanos, as he's a homegrown player and from summer 2020 on clubs need 12 of those. Thus I can imagine a transfer of Mavropanos, even if his good performances for Nuremburg have impressed in England."

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What happened to Konate?

I think Zagadou, absolute unit who’s a natural of his ball on his feet. Some of his runs are so similar to Celtic era van Dijk. Think he’s gonna be dominant.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would also opt for Zagadou out of those three, but I guess he would be the most difficult to get.

For that kind of money I would try to get Aké though, seems like a solid partner for Saliba. Good age and PL experience.

benjamin86

Established Member
From a VfB Stuttgart "Insider" on tranfermarkt, who seems pretty close to some inner circles around Mislintat and or Hitzlsperger, seems to work in or around the industry as he gives great general insight into the footie world with his posts and usually has decent info.

"Another name to maybe keep in mind for the summer is Konstantinos Mavropanos. Allegedly VfB wanted to get him in the winter after the Badstuber injury, but his loan to Nuremburg was practically already done. At Arsenal Mislintat signed Mavropanos from Greece and seems still convinced by the player's talent. Mavropanos is seen as a CB with all the tools, physically strong, good in duels and with neat passing."

"Subject in the winter was a loan to give Mavropanos more games. The perspective in the summer is a bit unclear; Arteta is expected to lead/driving a rebuild at Arsenal, Sokratis and Mustafi will probably be candidates to sell. Mari has been signed already and Saliba will join in the summer. Then on top of that there's David Luiz and Rob Holding. Holding will presumably be higher in the pecking order than Mavropanos, as he's a homegrown player and from summer 2020 on clubs need 12 of those. Thus I can imagine a transfer of Mavropanos, even if his good performances for Nuremburg have impressed in England."
Hopefully if Mavropanos isnt in next season thoughts he can go on loan and play regularly in Bundesliga or Premiership to come back and cement a place.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hopefully if Mavropanos isnt in next season thoughts he can go on loan and play regularly in Bundesliga or Premiership to come back and cement a place.

I think that would be the plan, but I guess Stuttgart - if they really remain interested until the summer - will be more interested in buying him, which I think isn't completely off as a) Mislintat is now at Stuttgart and he brought Mavropanos to Arsenal, and b) like the insider said, Sokratis and Mustafi might be obvious selling candidates but it's going to be tough to shift them, and then there's still David Luiz, Saliba, Mari, Holding and Chambers with the importance of the latter two being that they are homegrown. That's 7 CBs without Mavropanos already, still 5 if the club manages to sell Sokratis and Mustafi, and maybe there might be another CB signed depending on Mari's performance. That situation could have the potential for a permanen transfer of Mavropanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom