• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 658,804
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Could see Liverpool selling Salah and Mane for ridiculous money if they get the offers.

Something like 300-400M, then could end up with Mbappe and Werner. Don’t forget they didn’t spend any money in the summer.

They could bring in Werner and Sancho for just slightly above 200m I'd guess and refresh their attack for years to come with that, maybe giving up on the 20/21 title to bed the new attackers in playing the long game. They could maybe even get Mbappe and Sancho, probably the two biggest talents of France and England right now. Although I guess the frenchies would want in excess for Mbappe than what they themselves paid for Neymar and Werner could be a signifcantly less costly but efficient solution to that.

Liverpool are in a perfect situation with Salah and Mané really.
They'll both turn 28 this year which is the "best" footballing years as some not unrightly say. They're both under contract until 2023 which is this one plus another 3 on top. They've got two top ballers in their best age under longterm contracts. If someone wants them now and pays up they get ludicrous money. If no one offers what Liverpool want they can keep them and keep their value up at least until we hit January 2022 and they'll have spent probably their best days at Liverpool.

And regarding Sancho: In his place I'd probably stay for the 20/21 season at Dortmund. They're a bit hit and miss under Favre and I seriously doubt they'll win anything, but he's a guaranteed starter in a side that constantly plays CL, constantly gets out of the group stages, the Bundesliga is a nice league to play in with the atmo etc., Dortmund is a well run club, and while Favre unfortunately seems a bit of a bottler he's still a decent attacking coach; there's guys like Reus - who I still think would've been Bale/Hazard level and would play at Real or something if not for those billion injuries - and Hummels who's a serial winner with Dortmund and Bayern and a WC winner - and while they're aged and not what they used to be he can still learn from them, especially regarding mentality, professionalism etc. - throw him into e.g. that weirdo United team with guys like Lingard and pogba and you don't know what happens to a 20 year old and his work mentality. And in the summer of 2021 he's only got one year of his contract left and will be a bit cheaper. Of course Dortmund have a word there, too. They might rather cash in say 180m in 2020 than "just" 100m in 2021.

Toby

Young Özil was a freak, there were maybe 5 players like him in his position.

Özil could've been such a massive, massive player. I still tend to think being put into that Mourinho counterattacking Real killed part of his game. When he was still at Bremen he'd far more often go into dribblings at speed and take shots. He was also often used as a winger and was rather speedy. That Real stint took that out of him and made him a counterattacking pivot and feeder for Ronaldo - at that time he was clearly the best of that type, but I still think it took away too much from his natural game.

Toby

Our team has little creativity and this guy adds a bucket load for little money. For me it sucks to see him go to chelsea and I’m afraid to see what bum we’ll overspend on instead.

I absolutely follow @Rex Banter thinking on Özil/Ziyech and Ziyech being a good to very good player but not a massive, massive miss in a certain way, but this is a very valid point, too.

Toby

Juve lmao

Tbh by now I'm seriously wondering what kind of sums have flown for that Ronaldo deal. The massive picking up of out of contract players and immediate rumours of them being sold again - like with both Ramsey and Rabiot - suggests they need to seriously balance their accounts by generating net income with players they don't have to write off so many costs for.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Klopp could sign two no-names for the wings to replace and Mane and Salah and they would perform like Prime Ronaldo and Messi.

Liverpool's board could make so much money out of this Klopp-Era (of course they still do because of the success). Sell all the "big names" for money, sign young potential players, Klopp will improve them.

-> Profit.
-> Repeat.

Just look at Henderson. So many years he played in the PL and was nothing special. Klopp joined. "Oh, a candidat for the player of the season.".

Or you think Liverpool randomly had the worlds best Right Full Back in their academy? Not to mention Robertson.

Put them in a different team and you will see how good they are.

Ashybashy86

Yeah well I had to think twice because its Mesut before realising how dumb your example was.

I think its a tragedy that we miss out on a player like Ziyech because it’s exactly what we need. Our team has little creativity and this guy adds a bucket load for little money. For me it sucks to see him go to chelsea and I’m afraid to see what bum we’ll overspend on instead.
There are younger, potentially better players out there. Not sure why you think it's a tragedy. Saying that, it would've been tragic if he'd ended up at S****.

Sydney-Gooner

Özil could've been such a massive, massive player. I still tend to think being put into that Mourinho counterattacking Real killed part of his game. When he was still at Bremen he'd far more often go into dribblings at speed and take shots. He was also often used as a winger and was rather speedy. That Real stint took that out of him and made him a counterattacking pivot and feeder for Ronaldo - at that time he was clearly the best of that type, but I still think it took away too much from his natural game.

I thought he could have turned out to be faster Zidane minus the elegance, ambidexterity and shooting ability when I watched him at the WC in South Africa.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

That would be an insane summer for them..
Pretty insane, would up their attacking ability quite a bit, but they could use some defensive reinforcement as well and a GK possibly. Don't think they can fix all their issues in one summer (just like Arsenal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom