• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I haven't watched him play. But some of my friends who have are giving him rave reviews.

But do we really need another LCB?
We definitely do, even if Mari does well. Mari is our only left-footed CB and I don't expect him to be a guaranteed starter next season.

Yeah, for Arsenal it would seem silly, but there's always two clubs, a player and his agents involved. That's why sometimes clubs cannot get a certain player or players just leave with a certain framework. And I have to admit, in the case of Mavropanos, as unfortunate the situation might be for Arsenal, the circumstances of a massive amount of CBs - some of those needed to stay for homegrown rules -, another one arriving in the summer already, him not getting many games at Arsenal, him at the same time impressing at his Nuremburg loan - that's a selling context to me. I'd bet a loan with obligation to buy, or something around 3 or 4m with bonuses and he's off in the summer.
Now, this is where we fail as a club. How do you sell a young CB like that who is not earning a lot for 3 or 4m when he's got all the attributes of at least being a decent CB and has pulled very good performances against one of the top teams in England! We just got an 18yr old for 20m ffs and you could argue that if Mavro could consistently play the way he did against United he would certainly be at par with Saliba.
Imo the best way is to keep loaning him if until his stock rises significantly. Then, you could sell for a proper fee or bring him back to be your 3rd, 4th or 5th choice.
Btw, could someone tell me why we undervalue our players so much? Seems to be something that stinks all over the club from the management to the fans! smh

benjamin86

Established Member
Now, this is where we fail as a club. How do you sell a young CB like that who is not earning a lot for 3 or 4m when he's got all the attributes of at least being a decent CB and has pulled very good performances against one of the top teams in England! We just got an 18yr old for 20m ffs and you could argue that if Mavro could consistently play the way he did against United he would certainly be at par with Saliba.
Imo the best way is to keep loaning him if until his stock rises significantly. Then, you could sell for a proper fee or bring him back to be your 3rd, 4th or 5th choice.
Btw, could someone tell me why we undervalue our players so much? Seems to be something that stinks all over the club from the management to the fans! smh
This was my thought, you give him another year on loan hopefully at a Bundesliga/premiership club to play every week and then judge if he's ready for AFC or should be sold for 10-20m depending on how he performs. Also 3-4m seems very low we sold Beilik for 8m and he'd only played club football at league 1 level?

Impact

Established Member
I haven't watched him play. But some of my friends who have are giving him rave reviews.

But do we really need another LCB?

While we have quantity, we are still lacking in quality at CB. The vision Arteta espoused after we signed Mari indicated that his long-term idea would be a left-footed LCB to open up the pitch and assist with our build up play. We currently have no (permanent) player that fits that mould.

For me, Luiz stays for one more season to see out his contract. We sell Mustafi and Sokratis and potentially Chambers depending on offers and if we choose to make Mari permanent. Loan Mavropanos out again. Welcome Saliba back and bring a long term partner for him too. Bed them both in together while Luiz is still around as the senior defender.

Luiz - New LCB
Saliba - Holding
Chambers/Mari

benjamin86

Established Member
While we have quantity, we are still lacking in quality at CB. The vision Arteta espoused after we signed Mari indicated that his long-term idea would be a left-footed LCB to open up the pitch and assist with our build up play. We currently have no (permanent) player that fits that mould.

For me, Luiz stays for one more season to see out his contract. We sell Mustafi and Sokratis and potentially Chambers depending on offers and if we choose to make Mari permanent. Loan Mavropanos out again. Welcome Saliba back and bring a long term partner for him too. Bed them both in together while Luiz is still around as the senior defender.

Luiz - New LCB
Saliba - Holding
Chambers/Mari
Who are you selling Chambers to with an anterior cruciate ligament injury?

Underhill

Given Nigerias track record of dominating u17 and sucking at senior level makes me fear Chukwueze is 30 years old already.

Pau Torres sounds great.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Chukwueze literally takes Pepe's position. He's a skillful left footed player who cuts in from the right wing...

There's 0 chance we sign him imo

Underhill

Alexander Isak

We missed out in Håland but have time to get Isak. Would be nice to have a Swede again

Tall, fast, technical and lethal.

His release clause is probably not astronomical
Apparently he has a buyback clause of 30m. Doubt he'll go for less than that.

If Arteta wants a hard working, pressing striker i dont think Isak would be a good fit.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Apparently he has a buyback clause of 30m. Doubt he'll go for less than that.

If Arteta wants a hard working, pressing striker i dont think Isak would be a good fit.

Young and Still growing

Moldable!

Grew up learning to play in boring Sweden... We've changed somewhat över the years and gotten better at accepting talents since after Zlatan, but the basics are still there, team comes first

and His Dortmund klopp style high press and a sejour in eredivision...

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Chukwueze literally takes Pepe's position. He's a skillful left footed player who cuts in from the right wing...

There's 0 chance we sign him imo
That's my issue too. Only exciting wingers I can think of are right wingers basically. However, as much as I'm disappointed with him thusfar, you have to give Pepe another season to show what he's got.

On the left I can only think of Grealish (massive competition) and Sané (pipedream).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lefties that I think we could sign and would improve us include: Zaha, Lemar, Mertens, Grealish (I'm not sold), Bailey and Everton Soares.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Lefties that I think we could sign and would improve us include: Zaha, Lemar, Mertens, Grealish (I'm not sold), Bailey and Everton Soares.

Said Benrahma is not bad also.

He is being very consistent in the Championship and also was in the Ligue 2. 15 million, 24 yo.

Also this guy:

Gunner-Union

grealish is not a left winger and most of the season has been a cm which is his best poistion, hes only out on the left atm because of injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom