• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

I’d hold Auba until his contract expires at this point, we need CL football and that’s more valuable than getting a 50M fee and a second rate striker who won’t get as many goals.

He’s not a perfect striker by any means but when you see how desperate our rivals are I’d hold onto him as long as we could.

It all depends on what money is there for a squad rebuild and what offer comes in.

I think an offer for Auba in the region of £75 million + would start to tip the balance... I don't think that's an unrealistic price for someone of Auba's quality in a barren market.

Arsenal don't have much money to spend and they badly need quality at CB and CM. That amount of money helps a lot with that and with FFP by shipping Auba's wages out.

A good fee for Lacazette would probably be preferable though. £50 million...

goonerfamily

I can understand the reluctance to sell, it will be very difficult, maybe impossible, to replace his goals. But if you get a decent offer (50M upwards) with 18 months left you take it IMO. Losing players for free is unsustainable, need to keep reinvesting in the team.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
People worried about lack of strikers on the market when this time next year Auba is free to speak to any club he wants anyway.

Cash in. Take any money you can get and run.
We are selling him for 40m in the summer easily, there's no point in selling him now unless it's 70m+.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It happens. It's not about "learning". Happens to clubs that aren't doing well (Alexis, Ramsey, Eriksen) or to players who aren't playing (Emre Can). Ultimately there is only so much that can be done. A player can't be forced to move or sign a contract....

We literally rejected huge bids for Alexis :lol:

Balboa

We literally rejected huge bids for Alexis :lol:

True. It was a mistake. Having said that, most fans were clamouring for him to be signed up to a new deal.

You said Özil, Ramsey as well. There's not much to suggest that sufficient bids were rejected for them. Likewise, as things stand, Auba and Laca....

I'm not doubting it's a problem and you're correct to say it can be learnt from. Arsenal have not done a good job of bringing in money from player transfers...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
True. It was a mistake. Having said that, most fans were clamouring for him to be signed up to a new deal.

You said Özil, Ramsey as well. There's not much to suggest that sufficient bids were rejected for them. Likewise, as things stand, Auba and Laca....

I'm not doubting it's a problem and you're correct to say it can be learnt from. Arsenal have not done a good job of bringing in money from player transfers...

Ramsey looked set to sign tbh until the club pulled it, again bad planning.

If we put them out there then Aubameyang, at least, would have a fair few offers.

Özil, probably needed to be signed to save face somewhat. Alexis and him leaving wouldn’t have looked good. So, he’s the only one you could give the club a bit of leeway on.

Balboa

Ramsey looked set to sign tbh until the club pulled it, again bad planning.

If we put them out there then Aubameyang, at least, would have a fair few offers.

Özil, probably needed to be signed to save face somewhat. Alexis and him leaving wouldn’t have looked good. So, he’s the only one you could give the club a bit of leeway on.

Ramsey was lost through a major transition. It was understandable collateral damage. Özil only represented saving face because of gullible fans who overrate him and made him extremely marketable globally. He didn't need to be offered £350k to stay. £250k would've done it and if it didn't they should've let him leave. It was bad planning to have his and Alexis' contracts ending the same summer. Gave Özil the ability to negotiate in tandem with Alexis and he had Arsenal over a barrel.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Auba playing wide to accommodate Laca isn't great. The thought of Auba playing wide to aid Lukaku is laughable.

truth_hurts

He wouldn’t play wide. They play 3-5-2 and will probably be selling Lautaro and Icardi this summer so he’ll partner Lukaku.

Fair enough. Just have to hope that the Inter project isn't sexy enough. If Madrid, Barca or PSG came calling, you'd think it's a no brainer that he'd leave, but we could possibly hold off Inter.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Fair enough. Just have to hope that the Inter project isn't sexy enough. If Madrid, Barca or PSG came calling, you'd think it's a no brainer that he'd leave, but we could possibly hold off Inter.

And run the risk of losing him for free the following summer? Unfortunately if inter come with a sensible offer then it'll have to be taken seriously.

The only thing that I can think of that might put auba off the move is didn't he come through the AC youth team?

truth_hurts

And run the risk of losing him for free the following summer? Unfortunately if inter come with a sensible offer then it'll have to be taken seriously.

The only thing that I can think of that might put auba off the move is didn't he come through the AC youth team?

Depending on how motivated he is next season, I'd possibly take the hit on him the following summer.

Sell Lacazette instead and see if one or both of Nketiah or Martinelli can stake a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom