• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need a technical upgrade on 3 imo. You want to play a passing game you have to have players able to control a ball hit at you with speed and pass with a level of accuracy otherwise it's a counterattacking oppurtunity to the opposition.

Our squad is built in such a strange way. We want to play a technical passing based possession game, but we have no technical players in midfield. The centre of the pitch is filled with slow once pace players who can't dribble or receive a ball under pressure. None of them can score goals or provide assists either.

We literally rely on Pepe do to everything when he is playing but he gets benched for whatever reason.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Our squad is built in such a strange way. We want to play a technical passing based possession game, but we have no technical players in midfield. The centre of the pitch is filled with slow once pace players who can't dribble or receive a ball under pressure. None of them can score goals or provide assists either.

We literally rely on Pepe do to everything when he is playing but he gets benched for whatever reason.

Which is why I didn't want Iwobi sold , a guy who can hold the ball and progress play and a great first touch , sure no end product but we have Auba , Pepe and Martinelli for that and a guy you can pass it to and more often than not hang onto the ball is pretty useful .

Hoping Nelson can add to this .

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Which is why I didn't want Iwobi sold , a guy who can hold the ball and progress play and a great first touch , sure no end product but we have Auba , Pepe and Martinelli for that and a guy you can pass it to and more often than no lose the ball is pretty useful .

Hoping Nelson can add to this .

To be honest I think Arteta would have kept Iwobi and Rene Adelaide. It's actually criminal that we didn't convert two physical press resistant players who can both dribble into box to box 8's.

Instead we have chosen to build our team around players who literally struggle to move backwards and forwards and have little to no agility.

Aubameyang, Willock, Bellerin, Tierney, AMN, Saliba, Saka, MArtinelli, Nelson and PEpe. That's our athleticism right there.

There are two central midfielders on that list and we do not play them there for whatever reason. Fear that they will lose the ball? Xhaka has a cross field give away per game that would be punished by any decent team. Guendouzi has moments in every single game where a player glides past him and he looks like he is running in sand, plus the thousands of headers he loses. Torreira bounces of someone every game and ends up on the floor. None of them can drive forward. All three of them would rather buy a foul as they get nose bleeds when space is in front of them to run into.

Genuinely sick of our midfield set up and wouldn't bat an eyelid of Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka were all sold.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

To be honest I think Arteta would have kept Iwobi and Rene Adelaide. It's actually criminal that we didn't convert two physical press resistant players who can both dribble into box to box 8's.

Instead we have chosen to build our team around players who literally struggle to move backwards and forwards and have little to no agility.

Aubameyang, Willock, Bellerin, Tierney, AMN, Saliba, Saka, MArtinelli, Nelson and PEpe. That's our athleticism right there.

There are two central midfielders on that list and we do not play them there for whatever reason. Fear that they will lose the ball? Xhaka has a cross field give away per game that would be punished by any decent team. Guendouzi has moments in every single game where a player glides past him and he looks like he is running in sand, plus the thousands of headers he loses. Torreira bounces of someone every game and ends up on the floor. None of them can drive forward. All three of them would rather buy a foul as they get nose bleeds when space is in front of them to run into.

Genuinely sick of our midfield set up and wouldn't bat an eyelid of Guendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka were all sold.
Had high hopes for Jeff, closest thing to Diaby I had ,hes just been going from strength to strength in the French league till his injury.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I'd keep Guendouzi to be honest because I think he's coachable and has a good upside. With Xhaka and Torreira - I like them but I would not be sad to see them go, even though they've been decent since Arteta's arrival. We need a lot more thrust and dynamism in our set-up and we're only getting that from the Hale End kids and a handful of others.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
That not good signs no need attitude problems he need stop this attitude

I wouldn't say it's an attitude problem.

Just watch our bench. Keeper, Fullback, CB, Torreira, Willock, Martinelli, Laca. So it was only a question about Willock and Matteo. We aren't talking even about AMN, who wasn't bad unter Arteta.

Tierney, Chambers, Mari, Cedric still injured. Nelson wasn't in the squad too after his injury. That's the problems we need. Train hard, deliver in the games or it's pretty easy to drop out of the squad for a match.

Tomb Bombadil

I wouldn't say it's an attitude problem.

Just watch our bench. Keeper, Fullback, CB, Torreira, Willock, Martinelli, Laca. So it was only a question about Willock and Matteo. We aren't talking even about AMN, who wasn't bad unter Arteta.

Tierney, Chambers, Mari, Cedric still injured. Nelson wasn't in the squad too after his injury. That's the problems we need. Train hard, deliver in the games or it's pretty easy to drop out of the squad for a match.
This. Train properly is really important and I hope with almost everybody fit we have more competition for places. But I don't think you can tell if it's a mentality problem from this one time overlook.

It's never just the attiude if you make the squad. It's mix between talent, attitude, players available, fitness...

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Young kid with fame and money but also with a killer mentality to play top level football. A clash was bound to happen, that being said I hope he learns from it and we can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom