• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dropping Özil, go three in the middle with Niles or Willock (not perfect, but something) should allow us to play Pepe.

Want Arteta to try Martineli-Auba-Pepe too, shame Pierre too limited to play up top, so it will probably be Laca with Auba on the left, until we sort out who is leaving out of those two in the summer.
Özil isn’t providing anything atm but there isn’t a midfielder good enough to replace him imo. He would be the first person I’d be thinking of dropping though...let’s see what this warm weather training does.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

“The price that we paid for him puts him in a difficult position straight away because he’s going to be compared to players of that calibre,” Arteta said on Friday.

“He was in France and was one of the biggest stars in the league. He had an incredible year.

“Now he comes here and a lot of people didn’t even know him and you paid that price tag.

“So for him to put his brain into this picture and solve all this is not easy. And he’s a really young player.”

Despite his reservations, Arteta remains convinced that Pepe will prove a success.

“It’s not easy to adapt to this league but he’s putting in the effort and he’s willing to do it,” the Arsenal boss continued. “And it will come out.

“First of all he needs the right structure behind him to be able to provide the moments of quality and winning games, whether it’s assists, goals, dribbles or whatever it is.

“Afterwards he needs to have a much clearer picture of the things that are happening on the pitch, why they are happening and how he can solve them. I think he’s in the process of doing that.

“I hope we can see it from now to the end of the season.”
Even Arteta saying it but people will stay say we’re making excuses for him.

The guy is raw and he has immense talent , you just don't back against elite raw talent . Have said in the past he has a little bit of Henry about him before his break out season .

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

“The price that we paid for him puts him in a difficult position straight away because he’s going to be compared to players of that calibre,” Arteta said on Friday.

“He was in France and was one of the biggest stars in the league. He had an incredible year.

“Now he comes here and a lot of people didn’t even know him and you paid that price tag.

“So for him to put his brain into this picture and solve all this is not easy. And he’s a really young player.”

Despite his reservations, Arteta remains convinced that Pepe will prove a success.

“It’s not easy to adapt to this league but he’s putting in the effort and he’s willing to do it,” the Arsenal boss continued. “And it will come out.

“First of all he needs the right structure behind him to be able to provide the moments of quality and winning games, whether it’s assists, goals, dribbles or whatever it is.

“Afterwards he needs to have a much clearer picture of the things that are happening on the pitch, why they are happening and how he can solve them. I think he’s in the process of doing that.

“I hope we can see it from now to the end of the season.”

Think Arteta pretty much backed up the claims of a good part of AM, that Pepe is currently still adjusting to new things.

Primarly tactical things imo, but most importantly sacrificed a bit, individually, for the overall performance of the team.

Arteta wants to fix the most urgent needs first, using Pepe in his best manner to maximize his output comes later.
The biggest benefits of Pepe playing at the moment, goes to the left side, which has a bit more space to make things happen, based on Arteta's game plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

I like that Arteta is bigging up all the under performers this season, its is in fact the only thing a manager can do when he inherited terrible squad but I wont be surprised if he chose to start Nelson over Pepe in next weeks.

chessygoal

The guy is raw and he has immense talent , you just don't back against elite raw talent . Have said in the past he has a little bit of Henry about him before his break out season .
I'd also compare Pepe to Nani. Very similar playing style, came in the league with huge expectations and somehow failed to deliver consistently.
Nani was a frustrating player, but Ferguson made it work by not making him the focal point of his teams. Hopefully Arteta will find a way to make it work.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd also compare Pepe to Nani. Very similar playing style, came in the league with huge expectations and somehow failed to deliver consistently.
Nani was a frustrating player, but Ferguson made it work by not making him the focal point of his teams. Hopefully Arteta will find a way to make it work.
Man, Nani could do everything. Always thought of him as a budget CR7, seemed equally talented just didn’t have the mental attributes.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I said a while back that Pepe as a young very talented player needs to be managed properly. Emery had no clue, he dropped him after scoring 2 great free kicks. If Arteta can manage him properly then we will see a very different player next season. Its clear he has talent galore but he is also raw and needs nurturing. I think he was late to football so 24 is still young and inexperienced when compared to other players who were first team players by 20.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Good first time for him, but he doesn't try to dribble the defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom