• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I didnt get a chance to see the entire game, but from what I saw in the second half I was happy.

The smallest thing like their body positioning when receiving and passing the ball, things like their movement of their bodies to transition quicker are the things Im liking.

What we need to see more of though is positioning off the ball, not enough of this at the moment, but Im confident that Arteta would be working on this.

We are still a work in progress, but there are positive signs here. We need to get in players who can fit what we are trying to do.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He demands absolute discipline and commitment. If you don't train properly and don't fight for the team you don't play.

roz

Fake News Merchant
We will be above Everton when we beat them next weekend...

Then all those who wanted the past his best Carlo, instead of the sexy younger model we have, will hang their heads in shame ;)
Cant help but think its the bet of the season for me. Evens to beat Everton. Watched a lot of football this season and they have been the worst side I’ve seen play. Honestly think they could go down

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cant help but think its the bet of the season for me. Evens to beat Everton. Watched a lot of football this season and they have been the worst side I’ve seen play. Honestly think they could go down

I used to like Everton under Moyes, especially late 2000s to the early 2010s...great mix of toughness with some very skilful players (Arteta, Pienaar) really like Goodison Park too, reminds me of Highbury.

Amazing to think Moyes went from probably the most respected manager in the league ten years ago outside the "big" teams, just behind the likes of Arsène, Ferguson and Mourinho, to one of the biggest jokes the last few years...amazing :lol:

MATHEO

Our buildup is so much better with Arteta, using our wingers and fullbacks to stretch the opposition giving more space for our midfield, CBs and inverted fullbacks to dictate the play

We control games so much better now which helps defensively, but we are also more committed, solid, and positionally aware, I still think that our pressing patterns need working on though as we tend to drop too deep at times.

The movement of our front three is a big issue for me, I think that the wingers in the final third are caught between supporting the striker and coming inside and playing between the lines and hugging the touchline before our fullbacks overlap. It doesnt help when you have Auba on the wing who isnt really creative, and Pepe is yet to find consistency in his performances. I honestly think we lack creativity in the final third in terms of individuals, Auba and Martinelli are more of direct pacey strikers

benjamin86

Established Member
I used to like Everton under Moyes, especially late 2000s to the early 2010s...great mix of toughness with some very skilful players (Arteta, Pienaar) really like Goodison Park too, reminds me of Highbury.

Amazing to think Moyes went from probably the most respected manager in the league ten years ago outside the "big" teams, just behind the likes of Arsène, Ferguson and Mourinho, to one of the biggest jokes the last few years...amazing :lol:
I think he was ****ed over at UTD, he took over a team that massively over achieved to win the league and was allowed to only sign 1 player? The squad he had was pretty awful https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/kader/verein/985/plus/0/galerie/0?saison_id=2013

I'm not a fan of Moyes but seems like he was set up to fail.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Arteta honestly gets everything right as far as our current players go. Building team around Özil, playing Ceballos as a CM, using possession football to hide our defensive fragility, front three of Auba-Laca-Pepe etc... these are probably simple things but as we saw under the dinosaur we had, not something you can expect from anyone.

I'm over the moon I'm so happy with the game today! You can feel that we built up slowly. All the confidence that needed to be installed in the players again. All the tactical practice!

Yeah the first half was a bit dry and we lacked ideas and execution and we are still giving the other teams high hopes of actually getting something on Emirates. But I'm sure when we sign better players in defense and midfield it will be a bit easier!

benjamin86

Established Member
I'm over the moon I'm so happy with the game today! You can feel that we built up slowly. All the confidence that needed to be installed in the players again. All the tactical practice!

Yeah the first half was a bit dry and we lacked ideas and execution and we are still giving the other teams high hopes of actually getting something on Emirates. But I'm sure when we sign better players in defense and midfield it will be a bit easier!
Thought we were poor defensively in that we lacked any sort of press. It was far to easy for Newcastle to pass the ball in our half and on another day that game could have been 2-2. Bright side is that we found our attacking rhythm.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yet again top notch posting from you.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So since Arteta joined we conceded 7 goals in 8 league games we kept 2 clean sheet scored 12 the lack of goals was bit worrying after today game but hopefully after today big win we'll kick on. It's hard to blame Mikel alot of these games players weren't clinical enough.

Manberg

Predator
He speaks too highly of City. I hope Arteta doesn’t lay down whenever we face City, I want to see that hunger to get one over them.

Top Bottom