• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
For me it’s highly likely the majority of Laca, Auba, Mustafi, Özil etc, all stay to become free agents.

My bet is 3/4 of them will probably start the first game of next season.
That would be a disaster if it happens. The new board will lose any ounce of trust the fan base had for them. We are suffering from the last set of players we didnt make money on (Alexis, Ramsey, Özil). If this happens with another batch of players then we are gonna slide down the table and add a few more seasons onto the rebuild time.

I would geniunely rather sell both Laca and Auba for decent money than let them stay and then leave for free. I just dont see the point in keeping them, its not like we are on the brink of winning something. We can make £60-80m for these two and rebuild the squad (if neither wanna sign on).

GDeep™

League is very weak
That would be a disaster if it happens. The new board will lose any ounce of trust the fan base had for them. We are suffering from the last set of players we didnt make money on (Alexis, Ramsey, Özil). If this happens with another batch of players then we are gonna slide down the table and add a few more seasons onto the rebuild time.

I would geniunely rather sell both Laca and Auba for decent money than let them stay and then leave for free. I just dont see the point in keeping them, its not like we are on the brink of winning something. We can make £60-80m for these two and rebuild the squad (if neither wanna sign on).
Agree with everything you say, but ultimately you can’t force a sale. If a Mustafi wants to be a free agent then there is nothing Arsenal can do other than freeze him out the team.

Auba for example could get a 5-10M sign on fee and 300K a week for a couple of years if he’s free.

I feel Laca will extend, him and us is a marriage where we’re both stuck with each other, we need a striker tied down and I doubt he’s getting better offers than us.

I’m expecting all to stay.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Agree with everything you say, but ultimately you can’t force a sale. If a Mustafi wants to be a free agent then there is nothing Arsenal can do other than freeze him out the team.
I agree about Musti and Özil, but there would be suitors for Auba and Laca in this market. There arent too many proven, experienced strikers around and we have two.

My ideal scenario would be to get Auba to stay with a big contract, and offload Laca to rebalance our side. Although thats a best case scenario and is quite unlikely.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I sent a message of support to mustafi via an Instagram direct message today. I opened with the line "I know footballers don't get a chance to read individual messages, but i appreciate...", well you get the idea.

Within minutes he had read it, and liked it. Almost a bit heartbreaking how difficult he must find it to keep away from criticism, when access to him and his emotions is evidently so easy.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I sent a message of support to mustafi via an Instagram direct message today. I opened with the line "I know footballers don't get a chance to read individual messages, but i appreciate...", well you get the idea.

Within minutes he had read it, and liked it. Almost a bit heartbreaking how difficult he must find it to keep away from criticism, when access to him and his emotions is evidently so easy.
But why is he not opening them then? Seriously, why is a professional footballer looking through comments and messages on such a public account which literally any idiot could send a comment to. This is a world filled with murder, rape and racism. Is it so hard to believe you’re gonna get abuse from some people for poor performances?

If he didn’t have any means for stopping the messages then I would really feel bad for the guy, but he does. Stop opening messages / reading comments, or leave your Instagram in another persons hands that you pay to control. He can still have his own private account for friends and family...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The game suited him though. He’s not good on the ball but he’s combative which is what we needed.

Would be easier for us if he turned it all around.
Not really. Why invest in an ageing poor center half with almost 12 months remaining on a bloated wage? Explain the logic.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I feel Laca will extend, him and us is a marriage where we’re both stuck with each other, we need a striker tied down and I doubt he’s getting better offers than us.
Athletico?

Define better because whilst he won’t do better than Arsenal in the league, I’m sure he could get into a CL club in Europe if his availability was widely known.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But why is he not opening them then? Seriously, why is a professional footballer looking through comments and messages on such a public account which literally any idiot could send a comment to. This is a world filled with murder, rape and racism. Is it so hard to believe you’re gonna get abuse from some people for poor performances?

If he didn’t have any means for stopping the messages then I would really feel bad for the guy, but he does. Stop opening messages / reading comments, or leave your Instagram in another persons hands that you pay to control. He can still have his own private account for friends and family...
Too easy to say.

I saw one interview with Mustafi when this dude kinda cornered him when he was getting food and made Mustafi explain why he’s so sh*t.

Poor Mustafi actually tried to explain as well :lol:
I find Arsenal fans in general are awful, always have.

progman07

Established Member

I know what you want to say but it feels like victim shaming. Same happens if your daugher is abused on the street after a party, and people say 'but why did she go out in a short skirt alone?".

I don't think Mustafi, or anyone else really should be questioned for reading the comments on his social media accounts. Save the criticism for the clueless, aggressive and despisable monsters who actually take their time to abuse any football player, especially in a virtual environment behind a nickname.

It's one thing to debate whether he is a good footballer or not, but even if he purposefully played bad, there is a manager, a DoF and an owner who can makes decisions, and we all know Mustafi tries his best anyways.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
BACK. ON. TOP.

Technically, we are back on the bottom...of the top half of the table...

giphy.gif

;)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I know what you want to say but it feels like victim shaming. Same happens if your daugher is abused on the street after a party, and people say 'but why did she go out in a short skirt alone?".

I don't think Mustafi, or anyone else really should be questioned for reading the comments on his social media accounts. Save the criticism for the clueless, aggressive and despisable monsters who actually take their time to abuse any football player, especially in a virtual environment behind a nickname.

It's one thing to debate whether he is a good footballer or not, but even if he purposefully played bad, there is a manager, a DoF and an owner who can makes decisions, and we all know Mustafi tries his best anyways.
Ok so you so say this, and where do we go from there? Nothing is changing in that department... the abuse is always going to be there. If he is reading through the comments and it is effecting his career then he's being kind of stupid to be honest. No grown man needs to scour through his social media comments knowing full well that idiots all around the world are commenting. It could be rivals fans, haters, it could even be politically/racially motivated.

I get it that you're saying it shouldnt be happening but some people are running the risk at expecting the world to be perfect and nitpicking an impossible outcome. At the end of the day grown adults need to make decisions to limit negative factors. The world isnt rainbows and unicorns.

And by the way, if that happened to someone's daughter, then the family and the daughter would no longer want her to be walking around empty streets at night. Usually, action would be taken in some way. E.g. being happy to pay for her uber / cab home. They dont just let her continue doing something which can result to her being hurt.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Too easy to say.

I saw one interview with Mustafi when this dude kinda cornered him when he was getting food and made Mustafi explain why he’s so sh*t.

Poor Mustafi actually tried to explain as well :lol:
I find Arsenal fans in general are awful, always have.
I wasnt aware of that, I was talking about his comments about the social media issue.

Manberg

Predator
Mustafi has improved a bit but do you guys really want to have his contract extended? Long term wise, we need much better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Few more good displays Musti so we can get 15M in summer. Im happy for him back to back clean sheet even tho against Burnley we were lucky to keep clean sheet but he improved you never know with mustafi

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Find it terrifying that Arteta prefers him to Sokratis.

Is Sok really that bad? I thought he was okay. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Find it terrifying that Arteta prefers him to Sokratis.

Is Sok really that bad? I thought he was okay. :lol:
No mustafi is just much better with ball Sok is better defender but can't pass he panic under pressure . When Mari get full sharpness he'll start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom