• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The worry is they point to Hudson-Odoi’s contract and say Saka has done just as much at the same age. If we pay Saka that sort of money Martinelli will then want the same.
Hudson Odoi was very overhyped and the bayern Munich bid made Chelsea forced to give him so much money. Going from 3k to 100k is crazy We shouldn't offer him more than 30K at the moment

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hudson Odoi was very overhyped and the bayern Munich bid made Chelsea forced to give him so much money. Going from 3k to 100k is crazy We shouldn't offer him more than 30K at the moment

He’s not going to sign for £30k a week. He’s homegrown and has 12 months left on his contract in the summer. Every top club will already be in his agents ear. It’s going to take at least £60-70k imo.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
He’s not going to sign for £30k a week. He’s homegrown and he 12 months left in his contract in the summer. Every top club will already be in his agents ear. It’s going to take at least £60-70k imo.
18months, i'm wondering whether we could offer him 30-40k a week on a 6 year contract with a mandatory re-negotiation in 12 months? A 6 year deal would mean a guaranteed 12m...

progman07

Established Member
Chill bro!

It’s still soo soon to mark him as a success. We’ve seen other bright, some even brighter starts from young players who have faded into obscurity. Giving him 60-90k now is how teams like Man United have players like Lingard on 140k a week.

You give him 30-50k now and then you can renew him during next season if he continues to excel.
I don't remember any youngsters with such end product and consistency at 18 playing for us, who haven't gone on to be great success stories (barring injuries, e.g. Wilshere).

Him and Martinelli are really special. We have seen players like Vela or Merida producing in cup games occassionally, but these two have regularly produced great moments this season.

Impact

Established Member
Arsenal youth recruitment chief Marcel Lucassen has name-checked Bukayo Saka as the ideal "example" of the type of player they want to produce.

Lucassen is encouraged by the return of Mikel Arteta to the club as manager after the Spaniard spent two seasons working with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City .

He told Voetbal International: “Bukayo Saka is the best example of what we want at Arsenal.

He has the potential to become one of the best three wing-backs in the world and I really think Arteta can help in that process.

“Arteta, with his vision, is not far from what we want in the academy.

“Talents like Saka, Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah, Emile Smith-Rowe and Joe Willock should benefit from that."

https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...est-example-of-what-we-want-4315468#popup-sso

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Chill bro!

It’s still soo soon to mark him as a success. We’ve seen other bright, some even brighter starts from young players who have faded into obscurity. Giving him 60-90k now is how teams like Man United have players like Lingard on 140k a week.

You give him 30-50k now and then you can renew him during next season if he continues to excel.
Player like that needs incentives, like you say. What if someone comes in and offers him 120k a week though? :facepalm: I just hope he has gooner DNA ffs.

I think the case with some players while I do believe they want a big payment I think its also agents and family members wanting more.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
There has to be an argument for paying players what they deserve regardless of age though. If Saka is performing as well as or better than some of our squad members consistently, then is it fair to pay him below market value?

He's a valued squad member and contributing goals and assists. Somebody has mentioned in here that it is criminal that El Nenny is getting paid 20 times as much.

benjamin86

Established Member
There has to be an argument for paying players what they deserve regardless of age though. If Saka is performing as well as or better than some of our squad members consistently, then is it fair to pay him below market value?

He's a valued squad member and contributing goals and assists. Somebody has mentioned in here that it is criminal that El Nenny is getting paid 20 times as much.
He should be offered something around AMN and Tierney with the idea of new contracts and bigger wages as he improves.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Reminds of Davies for Bayern.

Davies was bought for "small" money from the MLS as a very tricky offensive winger, but he hasn't impressed there. Flick turned him into a LB and since then is performing nearly every week. Even Alaba was pushed into the LCB spot.

I would like to see Saka as a LB. But i'm still very excited about Tierney as Left Back and think he will be a hit there. Saka has the potential to be a class winger, so maybe both could work on the side.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hope he becomes our LW. LB is an insult to this talent.
In terms of stuff like dribbling, ball control and just general trickiness he doesn’t give me elite attacking talent vibes but he is good enough at all of that to be a solid PL winger if things work.

But a solid PL level winger who can defend is an elite fullback. That’s why I lean towards that position for him, as I know his attacking attributes are good enough to be a fullback at the highest level. If he’s to be a winger there’s still a lot more development to be done as the bar is just higher.

Saka might prove me wrong though. It’s a big indicator but you don’t have to be a magician with the ball to be an elite wide player. Guys like Bale and Salah have shown that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saka was at Arsenal since early age? If so then I'm really confident he signing new contract i think what raul edu wants to get rid of Mustafi Mkhi and Elneny who all worth about 300k a week then we'll start negotiating new deals with some of our players.

I can't believe we giving elneny 60k Mustafi about 80K and Mkhi f**king 160-180K ffs Ivan.

Symbia

Player like that needs incentives, like you say. What if someone comes in and offers him 120k a week though? :facepalm: I just hope he has gooner DNA ffs.
No just him, his family is a gunner family.
Don't think his parents will like him to leave because of extra money.

He has worked with the Ljunberg for sometime now and from his few interviews he owes him a lot.
His contract shouldn't have been dragged this long though. With British youngster loving Liverpool and Manchester United there is always a risk.

At this stage in his career what he needs is consistency and working in a comfortable environment, he has a whole lot of years ahead, much to earn too.

Symbia

In terms of stuff like dribbling, ball control and just general trickiness he doesn’t give me elite attacking talent vibes but he is good enough at all of that to be a solid PL winger if things work.

But a solid PL level winger who can defend is an elite fullback. That’s why I lean towards that position for him, as I know his attacking attributes are good enough to be a fullback at the highest level. If he’s to be a winger there’s still a lot more development to be done as the bar is just higher.

Saka might prove me wrong though. It’s a big indicator but you don’t have to be a magician with the ball to be an elite wide player. Guys like Bale and Salah have shown that.

I might be talking from another perspective but Bale and Salah are very far from wing magicians. Outstanding thing on the due is their frightening pace, Bale was a standout a bit earlier because of his physical advantage and nothing special about 18 years old Salah.

Saka do have a lot of pace in him and some bit of underrated trickery but he doesn't play like someone that is trying to impress onlookers with unnecessary step overs and strange dancing. He just got to the pitch and play with the team.
Also, his decision making is outstanding for his age.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
When Kola and Tierney get back to full fitness it's gonna be a real problem picking the team. I like that problem

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have to put it in perspective here. He turned 18 in September. When you look at his body type he is quite chunky for his age. He can ride tackles and hold off players on the dribble. We are talking about someone who is far from being physically developed.

He doesn't have blistering pace but he has elite acceleration and he is no slouch. When running with the ball he has it close to his feet and he is a left footed wide player who knows how to play on the left. That is quite rare. I like how he wasn't discouraged and kept going at his man.

I know people think he can be an elite full back but I don't see it. I think the future is to play Tierney and Saka on the left and Bellerin and Pepe on the right. That way you problem solve. You can invert both full backs or you can invert either side at any one time as both wingers can hold the touchline. Personally I'd invert the left and bring Pepe inside pushing Bellerin outside.

Tierney is also very good on the ball and has the ability to spin the ball out to Saka. It negates the need for Xhaka and we can reconfigure the midfield and front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom