• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
Yeah Clichy wasn’t a big miss tbh very limited. He was one of those players where Arsenal did more for him than he did for us and I think we all knew.

Defo preferred Monreal.
I disagree, but then it will be more for the unpopular opinions thread. I was all for Clichy, we used to be quite good defensively (in 07/08 we conceded 31 goals, the City 'Centurions' conceded 27 a few years ago, so we didn't do bad at all that season), and he provided a lot in attack. But then I also liked Monreal of course, even though he took his time to adapt. The limited player was Gibbs.

On Tierney: I was very impressed with him when he played, but Saka is providing so much to this team that I wonder if he can be replaced. Defensively immaculate (with Xhaka's covering), and provides so much in attack.

Symbia

I disagree, but then it will be more for the unpopular opinions thread. I was all for Clichy, we used to be quite good defensively (in 07/08 we conceded 31 goals, the City 'Centurions' conceded 27 a few years ago, so we didn't do bad at all that season), and he provided a lot in attack. But then I also liked Monreal of course, even though he took his time to adapt. The limited player was Gibbs.

On Tierney: I was very impressed with him when he played, but Saka is providing so much to this team that I wonder if he can be replaced. Defensively immaculate (with Xhaka's covering), and provides so much in attack.
Both Clichy and Gibbs are limited players.
Clichy a bit limited in attack and Gibbs clearly a defensive liability.
I do agree with you to an extent, Clichy was underrated by Arsenal fans especially his defensive contributions which he did very fine, minus a bit of his periodic brain fart and his strange marital status - Nani's second wify.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Tierney LB, Saka LW could be magical.

I'm hoping we see their abilities to seamlessly swap positions on the fly throughout a match now that Saka has had experience playing LB at the senior level. Tierney can overlap to provide Saka the opportunities to cut inside to draw defenses toward him or Saka can hang back for LB cover and allow him to overlap for crosses, etc. They can play possession together pretty well from what I've seen of both individually on the pitch (small sample sizes).

I think it has potential to cause chaos on opposing defenses especially on those sides who aren't well organized.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

might be able to stick Saka on the LW soon and Auba back into the middle
Tbh, I don't think we'll see Auba in the middle from now till the end of the season.
Arteta has had many opportunities to play him in the middle but hasn't, that should tell you something

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saka's becoming an assist machine and we've already seen some of the crosses that Tierney can hit, we move Auba to CF and no teams defense is ready for this :drool::drool:

Eddie and Auba will be feasting

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Great Tierney Saka is close to happen.
It will probably be Tierney or Saka at LW/LB with Auba/Gabi/Nelson/ in the inside channel. They’re too similar to play together

Edit: Unless KT tucks in and is played in midfield like Bellerin is atm of course

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t think we will see Auba in the middle under Arteta myself.

One of Tierney and Saka will get benched.

Cause Arteta is a bit of a noob.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think we will see Auba in the middle under Arteta myself.

One of Tierney and Saka will get benched.

Cause Arteta is a bit of a noob.
Don't think it'll last longer auba will have to play in middle because laca can't do s**t recently.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Really looking forward to see Tierney get a run of games. I believe Tierney will finally show us what a great FB actually can do. Some people here believe Bellerin is a great one...

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Saka/Tierney are now the fabled dynamic duo that will save the day and usher in a new dawn of justice that will vanquish the evil overlord Mike Dean and his cronies.

Buy me a ticket for the hype train. I believe!!! (Unlike the mythical Tierellerin pairing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom