• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Even if we had signed Zaha for the 80 million we were supposed to do, he’s not even posting those numbers and he’s grown up in this league.

People need to be realistic about this kid otherwise we might as well sell him now.

That's because Zaha is overrated and would be overpriced.

I'm for Grealish, but Grealish link up, for example, is excellent, his ball retention is out of this world, he is versatile playing as MC, LW, CAM and he has already 13 NPK Goals+ Assists playing for a relegation level team.
He would probably reach the 20 number (that I want a 80 million player) playing for a Aston Villa being still better than his numbers suggest. And you probably can get Jack for less than 80 million.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

“The price that we paid for him puts him in a difficult position straight away because he’s going to be compared to players of that calibre,” Arteta said on Friday.

“He was in France and was one of the biggest stars in the league. He had an incredible year.

“Now he comes here and a lot of people didn’t even know him and you paid that price tag.

“So for him to put his brain into this picture and solve all this is not easy. And he’s a really young player.”

Despite his reservations, Arteta remains convinced that Pepe will prove a success.

“It’s not easy to adapt to this league but he’s putting in the effort and he’s willing to do it,” the Arsenal boss continued. “And it will come out.

“First of all he needs the right structure behind him to be able to provide the moments of quality and winning games, whether it’s assists, goals, dribbles or whatever it is.

“Afterwards he needs to have a much clearer picture of the things that are happening on the pitch, why they are happening and how he can solve them. I think he’s in the process of doing that.

“I hope we can see it from now to the end of the season.”
Must be so good being coached by Mikel. He even makes the fans understand the process which will see us get the best out of him. Always so clear and concise.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That's because Zaha is overrated and would be overpriced.

I'm for Grealish, but Grealish link up, for example, is excellent, his ball retention is out of this world, he is versatile playing as MC, LW, CAM and he has already 13 NPK Goals+ Assists playing for a relegation level team.
He would probably reach the 20 number (that I want a 80 million player) playing for a Aston Villa being still better than his numbers suggest. And you probably can get Jack for less than 80 million.
This NPK stuff lol.

Jack is all Aston Villa have got attacking wise and everything goes through him it’s different to Pepe’s situation here.

Besides he’s borderline English international. You’re not getting an attacking English international in their early/mid twenties for anything less than 80mil minimum in 2020. Unless villa get relegated or something. That’s why we bought Pepe in the first place, we’ve never been able to afford English stars at their peak they just cost monstrous amounts - or wouldn’t come here.

Moah

If you have noticed Pepe came to life the moment Bellerin started to advance and play in the wide forward places. The defence couldn't handle both of them and he got to run behind the defence a number of times.

The Nketiah crosses should have also been easily scored too. All in all most of us knew he was a quality player and fingers crossed, he will even been a better player than we think he is.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He is a 80 million player with focus on the end product, no so much in terms of ball retention and build up plays. A decent first season for this type of fee would be around 25 G+A-PK in the EPL, he is now with 8 (3 NPK Goals + 5 Assists), maybe he can reach 20.
It's fair to expect 25 g+a from a 80m player, but that's too unrealistic, don't think Pepe will ever reach this level tbh, 12-15 would be a good return from him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Move him closer to goal and it is a game changer. At times he was playing as a 10 dare I say it. He needs freedom to thrive. He is a creator and a finisher and defensively he is much better than Özil. He is the future and to be honest Is like to see this eventually.

Saka------------Auba------------Nelson
-------------------Pepe
------------Torreira--Ceballos
Tierney--Mari---Luiz--Bellerin

Underhill

It's fair to expect 25 g+a from a 80m player, but that's too unrealistic, don't think Pepe will ever reach this level tbh, 12-15 would be a good return from him.
He cant reach 25 goals a season because he doesnt take our penalties. 10-15 with a bunch of assist would be very good.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Move him closer to goal and it is a game changer. At times he was playing as a 10 dare I say it. He needs freedom to thrive. He is a creator and a finisher and defensively he is much better than Özil. He is the future and to be honest Is like to see this eventually.

-------------------Pepe

Nice, that is exactly my favorite line-up as well :)
Or maybe try Nelson as a ten sometimes and Pepe RW because I also see Nelson better there as well - basically still not having a real RW :lol:

Martinelli for Auba in the future then.

HaffBR

-------------------Pepe

Auba ----- Martinelli ----- Saka
-------------- Pepe ---------------
---------- XX ----- XX -----------
Tierney -- Mari-Luiz -- Bellerin

Saka as inside forward, Tierney as offensive LB, Martinelli and Auba as goalscorer (relying in only Auba to score goals is too much weight for him). Pepe as hardworking 10 (just a bet there).
That is to accomodate Tierney, maybe Saka is better than on the offensive LB role. Pepe is still a better RW/RF and Arsenal still needs a new CF (if Auba is out and Martinelli) and especially a new CAM since Özil is Özil, very past of his peak. Auba production on the left is about the same as CF imo, very little difference.

Auba ------ Martinelli ---- Pepe
-------------- Grealish -----------
Saka -- Torreira/Gueye - Ceballos - Bellerin
-------- Mari(Luiz)- Saliba ----------

Ceballos is a RM player btw.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba ----- Martinelli ----- Saka
-------------- Pepe ---------------
---------- XX ----- XX -----------
Tierney -- Mari-Luiz -- Bellerin

Saka as inside forward, Tierney as offensive LB, Martinelli and Auba as goalscorer (relying in only Auba to score goals is too much weight for him). Pepe as hardworking 10 (just a bet there).

We can't push both full backs forward with our midfield. I think Saka is better from the left alsom

HaffBR

He cant reach 25 goals a season because he doesnt take our penalties. 10-15 with a bunch of assist would be very good.

Salah in his first season at Liverpool scored 31 non pk goals and 10 assists in the same position of Pepe. Right that Liverpool was better than Arsenal, ended in the 4º, but Salah wasn't a 80 million buy either.
In the PL a decent output for a 80 million wide fw player would be 10-15 npk goals and 10 assists imo;

HaffBR

We can't push both full backs forward with our midfield. I think Saka is better from the left alsom

He could play there as LW, but you need at least one IF (inverted) on the right with many touches on the opp box to make the balance, two typical wingers like Nelson and Saka with only one goalscorer won't work nowadays.

You think, but you don't have sure. Saka never played on the right in the first team. Out of the more Saka and Tierney would have the same role in the offensive part of the game. If the idea is having a good crosser of the ball, then Auba or someone who can score is better idea, more goalscorers the better.

Saka ---- Auba ---- Pepe
---------- Özil -----------

That is a better idea imo.

HaffBR

This NPK stuff lol.

Jack is all Aston Villa have got attacking wise and everything goes through him it’s different to Pepe’s situation here.

Besides he’s borderline English international. You’re not getting an attacking English international in their early/mid twenties for anything less than 80mil minimum in 2020. Unless villa get relegated or something. That’s why we bought Pepe in the first place, we’ve never been able to afford English stars at their peak they just cost monstrous amounts - or wouldn’t come here.

Not sure (he would cost less imo), and a key role at Arsenal is for sure more attractive than a supporting role (to accomodate Rashford and Bruno Fernandes) at Manchester United, for example. Arsenal is much more attractive than people actually think.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've hung in their with the avi and the boys coming good. If Wenger had given Perez more chances I'd probably still have his pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom