• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Agree, though I like him I didnt like what I saw outside of the box. Bit sloppy and a few poor decisions. Shows he can be dangerous in the box though. Could live with him and Martinelli as backup strikers next season (after Laca moves on).

roz

Fake News Merchant
Decent movement throughout the game but not a lot else to shout about really. Couldn’t believe that there were people telling him to **** off in the match thread. AM can be pathetic sometimes.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

worked hard looked nervous and inexperience showed. seems like a good guy and if he continues to work hard he will have a successful career.

Reactions: roz

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Far better than any of Lacazette's recent performances. Worked harder, actually tried to get into scoring situations, linked up fairly well, dropped deep. Have faith in the lad.
Think the performance helped to inspire Laca's cameo. Still things to iron out though. Strikers need competition and luck.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Far better than any of Lacazette's recent performances. Worked harder, actually tried to get into scoring situations, linked up fairly well, dropped deep. Have faith in the lad.

Laca did the most of these things in the last games too, just couldn't score. And Nketiah did good today after a poor 30 minutes, but Lacas link-up game is on a better level.

Next games hopefully Eddie will get a goal, good positioning in the box.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So happy to see him start! Hope he starts the next one too.

Should have scored, though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Laca did the most of these things in the last games too, just couldn't score. And Nketiah did good today after a poor 30 minutes, but Lacas link-up game is on a better level.

Next games hopefully Eddie will get a goal, good positioning in the box.

Arteta clearly wants a Welbeck to be our number 9, someone who can work hard and occupy our opponent's defenders. And Laca doesn't have the stamina to play that role, there are good reasons why Wenger didn't like to play him for 90 mins. Nketiah probably is who we should stick to as our number 9 until the end of the season, he wouldn't score a lot of goals but no striker will in our current system.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nothing performance, he was used to annoy Laca and it worked, back to the bench now.

He needs to go and get regular football somewhere next season. One of those players who’s better when he has less time to think.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I’ve been one of Laca’s biggest critics lately but Nketiah had several Sunday league moments in that game. I’ll put it down to nerves because he does have ability.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Clearly showed he's not ready yet. If he puts his head down he can become a decent PL striker for a team like West Ham. Fortunately for us we have Martinelli.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We basically played with 10 men until he went out. Needs to improve in so many aspects of the game and soon.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Don't see anything special in this kid, think he's fairly average in all aspects and don't see him making it here.

say yes

forum master baiter
Don't see anything special in this kid, think he's fairly average in all aspects and don't see him making it here.
Yeah, hope I’m wrong but I’d be very surprised if he made it here, or indeed anywhere in the Prem.

Don’t think he has any of the standout qualities a top CF needs in the modern game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, hope I’m wrong but I’d be very surprised if he made it here, or indeed anywhere in the Prem.

Don’t think he has any of the standout qualities a top CF needs in the modern game.
Players with less talent than him had decent careers here so I wouldn't rule him out yet.
There will always be a need for squad players like he currently is who don't earn megabucks and they can be used to rest first choice strikers.

If he improves that would be great, and if he doesn't, we can still use him as a squad player or sell for 20-something millions and promote the next youngster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom