• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sell Auba and Lacazette then bring in Moussa Dembele from Lyon and Edouard.

Reset.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sell Auba and Lacazette then bring in Moussa Dembele from Lyon and Edouard.

Reset.

Two huge downgrades. Martinelli and Pepe are big players for our future and I'm not sure that we can lose both Auba and Laca at the same time whilst our midfield is so dysfunctional.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Two huge downgrades. Martinelli and Pepe are big players for our future and I'm not sure that we can lose both Auba and Laca at the same time whilst our midfield is so dysfunctional.

Hmmm downgrades? How worse can it get? We’re 10th at the moment and we can cash in on both of our “world class” strikers who are 30 and 28 then use those funds to invest in other areas of the squad plus make the team slightly more balanced.

Getting both Moussa Dembele (23) and Edouard (22) would be smart business as both have already scored 15+ goals already this season.

truth_hurts

Hmmm downgrades? How worse can it get? We’re 10th at the moment and we can cash in on both of our “world class” strikers who are 30 and 28 then use those funds to invest in other areas of the squad plus make the team slightly more balanced.

Getting both Moussa Dembele (23) and Edouard (22) would be smart business as both have already scored 15+ goals already this season.

Lacazette is badly out of sorts, but Aubameyang and Martinelli have been scoring. My point us that our attacking options aren't a huge concern at the moment, but by getting rid of our two hitters, we could be making it a problem!

I'm more concerned about our dysfunctional midfield. Don't get me wrong, I'd take a punt on one of Dembele or Eduard, but not both at the expense of Laca and Aubameyang and to push one of Martinelli or Pepe down the pecking order.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm starting to think we should and get one good striker in their place - with the fees they will command it shouldn't be too difficult.

I agree, replace them with a really good hold up man and a proper left winger/forward. There is no need for 2 high profile strikers with Nketiah and Martinelli.

Taxi Driver

I agree, replace them with a really good hold up man and a proper left winger/forward. There is no need for 2 high profile strikers with Nketiah and Martinelli.

We're struggling to fit them both in - and honestly, we shouldn't really.

And it's probably our last chance to get good money for Aubameyang as well (he'll be 31 in a few months) - it's very likely his form could drop off the cliff in a year or two.

Vantastico

I wouldn't mind it very much either way, but I think I'd prefer keeping Auba, unless selling him meant getting >60m which we could then re-invest in another blue chip or top prospect.

But someone in a different thread said that Auba transcends the system, and I agree. There is always a goal in him. The numbers speak for themselves. Happy he plays for us, shame he is nearing 32 and the last year of his deal. Because there aren't many players of his caliber available in the market of world football.

Hypothetically speaking, just imagine where we'd be without Aubameyang the last couple of seasons. Martinelli would already have played so many minutes in losing fixtures he'd be wanting out by now.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I wouldn't mind it very much either way, but I think I'd prefer keeping Auba, unless selling him meant getting >60m which we could then re-invest in another blue chip or top prospect.

But someone in a different thread said that Auba transcends the system, and I agree. There is always a goal in him. The numbers speak for themselves. Happy he plays for us, shame he is nearing 32 and the last year of his deal. Because there aren't many players of his caliber available in the market of world football.

Hypothetically speaking, just imagine where we'd be without Aubameyang the last couple of seasons. Martinelli would already have played so many minutes in losing fixtures he'd be wanting out by now.
A man for all weathers, teams and managers. Immune to the sh!tness.

Vantastico

A man for all weathers, teams and managers. Immune to the sh!tness.
Dude I don't know why, but you keep cracking me up. :lol:

Maybe it's a combination of the content you're posting, along with the tag and the young Coquelin (is it?) stanning in your profile picture. But I absolutely adore it.

Not the mention that time when you called me out for being the guy who once (jokingly) proclaimed: "I hope we win" in a matchday thread, like it was some sort of notable staple of my contributions on this forum. :rofl: Keep bringing the positivity and laughter, Jury Lite II.

Taxi Driver

Don’t get why we have to sell him this summer really.

Let him go on a free, he’ll be 32 and at the end of his peak anyway. We probably knew when we bought him we wouldn’t be selling him on for any decent money.

We're in the middle of a huge rebuilding project - if we could get a good amount for him, in the area of 40-60m, we should. Time to start thinking of the future, especially if we miss CL this season again.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Dude I don't know why, but you keep cracking me up. :lol:

Maybe it's a combination of the content you're posting, along with the tag and the young Coquelin (is it?) stanning in your profile picture. But I absolutely adore it.

Not the mention that time when you called me out for being the guy who once (jokingly) proclaimed: "I hope we win" in a matchday thread, like it was some sort of notable staple of my contributions on this forum. :rofl: Keep bringing the positivity and laughter, Jury Lite II.
Don’t worry, I’m here most days under this account name lol Eastmond could have been anything if the club let him have the stage. Eastmond will always be the left-sided Essien who was murdered by the club imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We're in the middle of a huge rebuilding project - if we could get a good amount for him, in the area of 40-60m, we should. Time to start thinking of the future, especially if we miss CL this season again.

Conversely if we make CL we’d drop right back out of it again if we’re trying to find a good enough replacement for 40M.

Taxi Driver

Conversely if we make CL we’d drop right back out of it again if we’re trying to find a good enough replacement for 40M.

We'd have money from other sources as well, that's why I suggested selling both Aubameyang and Lacazette (the latter is the more obvious case). For that kind of money we'd have no problem finding a suitable replacement.

And isn't Timo Werner's release clause in that area?

truth_hurts

We can definitely bring in a better left winger than PEA (makes me ill even calling him a winger), but how do you replace those goals?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We'd have money from other sources as well, that's why I suggested selling both Aubameyang and Lacazette (the latter is the more obvious case). For that kind of money we'd have no problem finding a suitable replacement.

And isn't Timo Werner's release clause in that area?

He’s got a 60M release clause and wants to go to Liverpool.

For me there’s no value in selling PEA because there’s not many improvements out there we could realistically get.

And the value he’d provide to us next year is worth more than 40M imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom