• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pape Gueye

Gunner-Union

For £6m seems a no brained. Only criticisms seems one footed, but st his age & under Arteta enough time to work on that.

Would love to add Ibrahim Sangaré, him & Papa Gueye would be a great mid base with guendouzi rotating with gueye. Then a more creative player ahead instead of Özil. Midfield is holding this team back.

a midfield 3 of gueye, grealish and sangare has everything power, energy and creativity. also instead of grealish/maddison a cheaper option might be david Brooks at Bournemouth similiar player to them who did great last season but been out with injuries this season

senna

Also a big fan of brooks, if Bournemouth gets relegated we should be all over that. Grealish would be my top choice, not a big fan of Maddison tho, think he’s over hyped. What is Edu doing tho? Surely creative mids/no.10 are aplenty in Brazil, he must be able to recommend a good one?

Gunner-Union

Also a big fan of brooks, if Bournemouth gets relegated we should be all over that. Grealish would be my top choice, not a big fan of Maddison tho, think he’s over hyped. What is Edu doing tho? Surely creative mids/no.10 are aplenty in Brazil, he must be able to recommend a good one?

I think both grealish and brooks are better dribblers than Maddison imo.
I think the days where the more skillful players come from Brazil and South America are over. Everyone’s caught up and surpassed the Brazilians

I am not sure if we would be able to afford him if Villa avoids the drop unless we make him our marquee signing. They'll want over 60m for sure considering his age. Either way, I'd definitely be all in for him. Him and Sangare.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow overeating of Grealish and complete misunderstanding of him going on here. People putting him in a midfield three in their starting line up. He isn't effective there. He plays on the left of a front 3 not in a midfield 3.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Would love to add Ibrahim Sangaré, him & Papa Gueye would be a great mid base with guendouzi rotating with gueye. Then a more creative player ahead instead of Özil. Midfield is holding this team back.

Sangaré-Gueye would be great business, but I just don't see us replacing the entire midfield three, unfortunately. Sangaré-Gueye-Benrahma would be an excellent, affordable and realistic midfield if we chose to go that route.

Wow overeating of Grealish and complete misunderstanding of him going on here. People putting him in a midfield three in their starting line up. He isn't effective there. He plays on the left of a front 3 not in a midfield 3.

Yeah I don't quite get this either. Grealish is a LW. I want him signed - but as a LW, not as a CAM.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wouldnt he provide us with a fantastic balancing option to our attack? He'd play LW and drift inside while our LB would overlap. If we change to a 3 man midfield (many people think Arteta eventually will) then Grealish could start at LW and drift into a pseudo 10 role, while the midfield will support from behind (maybe the number 8 can drift slightly more to the right).

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe Pape Papa Saka Xhaka Laca

Screen-Shot-2017-10-19-at-17.09.12.png
Pulitzer winning post!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldnt he provide us with a fantastic balancing option to our attack? He'd play LW and drift inside while our LB would overlap. If we change to a 3 man midfield (many people think Arteta eventually will) then Grealish could start at LW and drift into a pseudo 10 role, while the midfield will support from behind (maybe the number 8 can drift slightly more to the right).

I think we are better off playing Saka wide left and letting Pepe drift in from the right.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Both Maddison and Grealish hype train has gone through the roof. Madison actually has talent and plays well to an extent to be able to cut at a top end club but Grealish is a nothing player honestly.

On topic, this Gueye is definitely impressive on second viewing. He seems much better than that Billingham guy.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This seems like the most obvious free transfer given our need and his qualities.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if we missed out we have few young midfielders like Guendouzi Willock Torreira we really need to add a good one with good experience in top as much i like these kind of signings but Gueye won't help us back to CL.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Joining Watford on a pre-contract. They've been tracking him since 2018. Good business.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Will he be one we regret missing out on like Soyuncu??? Remains to be seen, but I'd rather experience to be honest.

Top Bottom