• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man City CL Ban Overturned

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
For however funny it would to see City banned think Neville is bang on.

Unless we are going with a wage budget like the NFL no place for ffp in football.

Its crazy as probably a disadvantage for City long term to win the ****ing case... if they lose are ring fenced at the top of the game just because they got a lucky investment at the correct time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Unless we are going with a wage budget like the NFL no place for ffp in football.

Its crazy as probably a disadvantage for City long term to win the ****ing case... if they lose are ring fenced at the top of the game just because they got a lucky investment at the correct time.

Would much prefer an owner that spends crazy money, versus an owner that doesn't even know when his team is playing...moustache ***** that we have.

That presenter in the middle, such a massive gimp :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
City can't afford to pay them now I wouldn't think.

All their false income is off their books from FFP point of view the the £30m fine

That's £100m loss to balance

That's a good point, and their income will be reduced due to no CL. They will struggle to stay within FFP limits unless they reduce their wage bill. Obviously they could always set up new contracts with new companies that they create, but this time hide it better.

My biggest fear is the owners are so wealthy and so powerful, they can still get out of this. We may see a bigger fine and only 1 season CL ban, I expect something like that to happen.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's a good point, and their income will be reduced due to no CL. They will struggle to stay within FFP limits unless they reduce their wage bill. Obviously they could always set up new contracts with new companies that they create, but this time hide it better.

My biggest fear is the owners are so wealthy and so powerful, they can still get out of this. We may see a bigger fine and only 1 season CL ban, I expect something like that to happen.

You have to hope that UEFA and EPL stand firm and punish what is actually some really dodgy practice.

It's interesting to see how much genuine revenue City can generate.

Gained a lot of young Fairweather fans. Will the fan revenue stick around if they're fully punished?

This is odd from Neville. Just because he doesn't like FFP it doesn't mean the rules are not there.

Are City gonna test if FFP are legitimate or not for a court?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
This is odd from Neville. Just because he doesn't like FFP it doesn't mean the rules are not there.

Are City gonna test if FFP are legitimate or not for a court?
I doubt they will as benefits them now the big spending done & the immense youth structure in place. Maybe only if league place in question or extended CL ban which seems unlikely.

Would guess it will be some prince / oligarch that buys a club like Newcastle & wants to go on a spree that will test the legitimacy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You have to hope that UEFA and EPL stand firm and punish what is actually some really dodgy practice.

It's interesting to see how much genuine revenue City can generate.

Gained a lot of young Fairweather fans. Will the fan revenue stick around if they're fully punished?

For sure, it would be a joke if UEFA go back on it now. We've all known for years about the companies they set up, and that company then sponsors them. Or they set up another company eg laundry, and pay them a crazy price for their service. Its great that they've been caught! Having said that, money is power and I wouldn't be surprised if they wriggle out of this or get ban reduced.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The reason I disagree with this argument is that just because it’s a stupid law you don’t get to break it.

You don’t change laws that don’t work by blatantly ignoring and subverting them. Maybe FFP shouldn’t be used in football but the point is whilst it has been they should’ve obeyed it or at least not been so shady in trying to work around it.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The reason I disagree with this argument is that just because it’s a stupid law you don’t get to break it.

You don’t change laws that don’t work by blatantly ignoring and subverting them. Maybe FFP shouldn’t be used in football but the point is whilst it has been they should’ve obeyed it or at least not been so shady in trying to work around it.
Think it came in a few years into the City owners tenure. Not sure what the alternative was with their aims. They needed the powershift & growth on the pitch to go with the training facilities, youth & community projects off it.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yesterday I dreamed that Arsenal was also implicated and were forced by law to sell all their best players to Chelsea.

Still trying to figure that one out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom