• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Very good performance. I think it's obvious he's not a #10 but excelles as a more deeplying creative tempo maker. Let's see how he performs in the next couple of weeks.

Yes he is much better as DMC/CM/Double Pivot regista role than a CAM. Too bad Arsenal don't have a buy option tho. For now, he is better than Guendouzi probably.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Very good performance. I think it's obvious he's not a #10 but excelles as a more deeplying creative tempo maker. Let's see how he performs in the next couple of weeks.

I have always told his best role is to play behind Özil and dictate the tempo from deep just like Cazorla did.

I know Ceballos is not Cazorla but he is the closest player we have to dicate the tempo from deep just like mentioned above, and we need that to move our game.

mpower2540

It was his weight of pass that I enjoyed watching. Really fizzed it into players feet. Özil clearly enjoyed playing with him. He has deficiencies in terms of physicality, Jesus he’s slow, but it was nice to see a guy who looked comfortable with the ball. Hope to see him start more

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Yes he is much better as DMC/CM/Double Pivot regista role than a CAM. Too bad Arsenal don't have a buy option tho. For now, he is better than Guendouzi probably.
Real Madrid don’t want him back and there’s not great interest from bigger clubs than us and he is already settled here so we have an advantage compared to other clubs at a similar level than us.

We can get him if we want, but I suspect we will find someone who is as good but cheaper.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Great game from him- great commitment. Beautiful technician. As others have said, he’s quite clearly a CM- I believe his attributes are better suited playing deeper.

Second half he really took the game by the scruff of the neck and started spreading the ball nicely.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's press resistant, he's exactly what we need in the middle of the park to help transition the ball in to the attacking third, particularly linking up with Özil. Xhaka is great this as well, but when under pressure falls apart. Ceballos will actually help create more space for xhaka as well.

I also see him as a CM, who can also operate as a DM. BUt what we really need beside him is another CM who can carry the ball forward and break the lines. Somone in a similar attitbutes to Willock could become the perfect partner for him, hope it will become Willock longer term, the lad has a tonne of talent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He is our best central midfielder, a proper playmaker from deep...hopefully we play him more as I would like to try and convince him to stay, really don't see Madrid playing him regularly.

If we can convince him to stay past this season, he could really help us change up the midfield, he would allow us to phase Özil out and retain creativity in the middle...could change to more a 4-3-3 too with him, as Dani plays better deeper meaning we don't have to relay on Xhaka so much.

We could play Lucas just behind Dani and one of Willock/Niles, would give us a really nice mix of everything you need in the middle.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is our best central midfielder, a proper playmaker from deep...hopefully we play him more as I would like to try and convince him to stay, really don't see Madrid playing him regularly.
No doubt about it, it's just a shame he is not British player because people here would love him if that was the case.
Not sure about Madrid return though, they already have Kroos and I think there is a bigger chance they will bring back their golden boy Ødegaard next season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I was very happy when we loaned him and his performance against Newcastle was very positive, but I don't want to get ahead of myself here.

He had one good match against Burnley at the start of the season, but he was very poor in the subsequent matches. He made so many sloppy passes and poor first touches that one can't blame on system or any other external factors. Really made me question what I saw in him.

When he was signed I thought he could be the DLP, replacing Xhaka in the line-up alongside Torreira, who could transition the ball from defense to attack with a good passing range and incisive dribbling. He didn't live up to it thusfar, but he showed signs he still could.

Need more of this from him before I would consider a permanent signing.

It was his weight of pass that I enjoyed watching. Really fizzed it into players feet. Özil clearly enjoyed playing with him. He has deficiencies in terms of physicality, Jesus he’s slow, but it was nice to see a guy who looked comfortable with the ball. Hope to see him start more
This are the reasons why I wouldn't want him past his loan. Looks like the kind of player who can only perform at home occasionally like Özil when the opponents aren't that good and the whole team is on form.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This are the reasons why I wouldn't want him past his loan. Looks like the kind of player who can only perform at home occasionally like Özil when the opponents aren't that good and the whole team is on form.
So it's impossible for him to improve on that?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Its impossible for him to improve his physicality. Arteta said he picked him for that specific game. Newcastle have the lowest possession status in the league. We were going to dominate possession so you can play Ceballos.

Players like him is what we need to avoid when we buy. That moment Almiron ran through our midfield and we had nobody that could get close to him. That's what we need to avoid, by buying faster athletes.

Of course he can, but there is a high chance he won't considering he's only done one good game and a good half in about 19 appearances for us. The one thing I haven't liked in him even yesterday in the first half was his positioning to receive the ball. He is always reluctant to create passing channels for his colleagues. That to me is a very vital aspect for a CM in the PL. He is also too slow and not aggressive something which has cost us the league title and top four in the past. I could forgive him if he lacked one of those traits. I believe he is only good at beating the press but still doesn't do it as well as Carzola whom he has been likened to so its a pass for me.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Its impossible for him to improve his physicality. Arteta said he picked him for that specific game. Newcastle have the lowest possession status in the league. We were going to dominate possession so you can play Ceballos.

Players like him is what we need to avoid when we buy. That moment Almiron ran through our midfield and we had nobody that could get close to him. That's what we need to avoid, by buying faster athletes.
You maybe hasn't noticed yet, but we have a wannabe Pep at the wheel, and Pep always prefers ballers over athletes.

Riou

You maybe hasn't noticed yet, but we have a wannabe Pep at the wheel, and Pep always prefers ballers over athletes.

Pep has always played Fernandinho in midfield though, hoping Arteta wants to do something similar soon with our midfield, you need some physicality in the middle.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Pep has always played Fernandinho in midfield though, hoping Arteta wants to do something similar soon with our midfield, you need some physicality in the middle.
Pep plays Fernandinho because he's a great passer, who is also a master of tactical fouls, not because he's some physical beast.
The same goes for the defense - Pep would rather play average defenders who can pass the ball rather than solid CBs without the passing ability.

Riou

Pep plays Fernandinho because he's a great passer, who is also a master of tactical fouls, not because he's some physical beast.
The same goes for the defense - Pep would rather play average defenders who can pass the ball rather than solid CBs without the passing ability.

He is a very good passer, does add some important physical qualities to their team in the middle...reminds me of Gilberto for us, who had the tactical nous to know where to be on counter attacks against us, rather than Vieira who would just use his power to streamroll through teams...but the likes of Silva and Fernandinho are both very gifted physically too, which is key to the English league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom