• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think a goal and assist target is a bit arbitrary, I’ve been critical of him in recent weeks because for the fee he hasn’t been anywhere near the required standard.

He’s dug in though and was clearly motm on Sunday. Just want him to keep up a good level of performance between now and May.
Nah bro.

Ismaila Sarr>> innit

Don’t think it was that controversial a view tbh

It was not mate.

Its Newcastle at home. Assist and goal is expected minimum from our supposed star attacker.

Now is this start of something? Or just another false dawn like when he fluked two free kicks against farmer team in EL group stages? It will be interesting to see the after math.

DasBootist

It was not mate.

Its Newcastle at home. Assist and goal is expected minimum from our supposed star attacker.

Now is this start of something? Or just another false dawn like when he fluked two free kicks against farmer team in EL group stages? It will be interesting to see the after math.
With Pepe receiving proper coaching as opposed to before, under Emery, the only logical prediction/conclusion would be that he will go from strength 2 strength.

Kysus

Was so much improved defensively.
A few times he turned off and Arteta immediately was screaming like a madman to make him bust a gut to get back into shape.
Arteta is going to turn him into a monster soon.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don’t think it was that controversial a view tbh
I'm mainly pulling your leg.

Think you jumped on the Sarr > Pepe thing quite quickly ignoring the fact that we were terrible in attack and that Watford were flying at the time. I watched quite a bit of Watford at the time and while he was effective he wasn't doing anything really special imo.

Then again Pepe still has a long way to go, definitely need a few more performances like this before making any definitive statements.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It was not mate.

Keep fighting that fight bro!

goal and an assist minimum against every bottom half team in the league means you're expecting 20 goal contributions in 10 games! Nice!

goal and an assist minimum against every bottom half team in the league means you're expecting 20 goal contributions in 10 games! Nice!

I will do! I was right about lack-of-threat and I will be right about Pepe even if I have to wait until he is close to retirement age!

And yeah that is what Pepe should be aiming for!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We know bro.

Gonna give these guys a lot of grief a year from now.

Bebe they said. This guy oozes talent. It will click for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It was not mate.

What the hell did I just read

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm mainly pulling your leg.

Think you jumped on the Sarr > Pepe thing quite quickly ignoring the fact that we were terrible in attack and that Watford were flying at the time. I watched quite a bit of Watford at the time and while he was effective he wasn't doing anything really special imo.

Then again Pepe still has a long way to go, definitely need a few more performances like this before making any definitive statements.

It was a bit of apples and oranges on my part tbf, I’d been getting frustrated with him in recent weeks and compared him to a player who’s a bit younger in a much different situation.

I think both of them are going to be good, how it’ll all play out we’ll have to wait and see but more of Sunday and we’ll be golden.

Nom de Plume

Is it a crime to do so?

Nope, no crime.
I'm glad that latter day footy supporters are aware of racism, however they challenge the surrepticious nature of it.
Fvckin' evil that it is, but I'd sooner people be awoke and aware to this cancer.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We know bro.

Gonna give these guys a lot of grief a year from now.

Bebe they said. This guy oozes talent. It will click for him.

Save some of these posts then. They might come handy a year from now.

I've been on about goals from the wings since we were trotting Ox out there and barely getting any f*cking output. We spent 70m and he still can't outperform Theo f*cking Walcott? Madness.

He is 24 year old player not some 18 year prodigy and you could already see in France was not all that good. Many goals from penalties. We still went on and spent insane money on him. He lacks a lot in football understanding to play in this league. And he doesn't look good at all in our attack. Our attack is one of the worst in the league and he is 1/3 of it. We barely create any chances. Tbf to Pepe he has good corners but that's it. Haven't seen him create much chances.

Think when Pepe times ends here even Gervinho will have been proved to be the better player for us.

I think us as fans have to admit we got ripped off with this player.

Whatever, Pepe hasn't improved us at all and is probably a step down from having both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan. Your reply doesn't change that point.

It's incredibly how much like Gervinho he really is. Looked amazing in France but just moved to England and stayed at that level and thought it would be enough.

Listen, a player like this will never show any kind of consistency. I want him to do well, we all do, but the signs aren't good. He doesn't do the simple things well. I was sceptical when we signed him because of his poor International record, its usually a good guide to see where a player is at.

He's purely a counter attacking player, a player who would suit a team like Wolves. He doesn't have enough to his game to play in different styles or systems.

People say give him time to settle etc.... but sometimes, it only takes a few apperances to know if a player is right for a club or not, he's not.

Right now I see Pepe as nothing but an overpriced but less effective version of Iwobi, still not sure what the point of us buying him was.

This is what happens when your transfers are decided by a bunch of businessmen rather than a proper Technical Director. Who knows what attributes to look for in deciding a big signing that can make it. Why did you think your Bayern and PSG all turned their nose at the idea of signing Pepe at the prices being asked?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Thanks bro! I have a lot bookmarked too!
As much as I’m confident in Pepe it was just one game. The haters are going to be ****ting on him at any and every opportunity now unless he literally scores a goal a game. :lol:

I’ll do my bookmarking in silence for now.:eek:ops:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

As much as I’m confident in Pepe it was just one game. The haters are going to be ****ting on him at any and every opportunity now unless he literally scores a goal a game. :lol:

I’ll do my bookmarking in silence for now.:eek:ops:
No.

Talent is there clearly. You wanna talk why its not coming out we have a conversation. But this drama everytime he’s a bust, he’s bebe etc is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom