• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger To Return?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I suspect the story was always about Arsène returning to the Emirates as a bronze statue, and someone somewhere misunderstood

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Global ambassador or head scout or another role that doesnt involve decision him being actively involved in decision making. He cannot have a financial role in the club. He is too financially conservative

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Wowee. How insightful of you.
You must have read my mind, NOT.
I only mentioned his transfer dealings.

There are quite a few signs why a post or poster generally isn't worth alot of effort.

Extremely narrow focus during a broader discussion and more tellingly, those you think ending a statement in 'NOT' is some kind of cutting comeback.

Nom de Plume

Next time a club spending 5th in the league comes top, let me know and I'll change my view.

Unless you want to wait a 140 years like Leicester did.

And there you have it.
I was brought up on footy that was a working man's release on a Saturday afternoon.
Spending and blah, blah ain't my thing.
Blame it on the current owner

Nom de Plume

There are quite a few signs why a post or poster generally isn't worth alot of effort.

Extremely narrow focus during a broader discussion and more tellingly, those you think ending a statement in 'NOT' is some kind of cutting comeback.

Wowee. Thanks, Einstein.
Fvckin' bully much?
Why bother answeing my post?
Kos-Omach

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
And there you have it.
I was brought up on footy that was a working man's release on a Saturday afternoon.
Spending and blah, blah ain't my thing.
Blame it on the current owner
Man, you don't need to blame anybody, just take a moment to understand how football works today. It's not rocket science.You can do it.

PressResistance

I'd love him in a consultant/Chief of Vision type of non-existent role.

His take on attacking play is probably one of the most sublime ever.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Whilst it’s probably right he was moved on (his successor has been botched imo) it’s a shame he’s not involved with the club like Fergie is.

Embarrassing actually. Where’s his statue?
In any case I’d take him on board in any capacity he’d be comfortable with, but I think he’s fulfilled with his FIFA role atm.

I also think he’d get back into full time management if the right project came.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd have him back provided he helps us set up a proper footballing structure at the top, with proper football appointments, and then retires in peace in a year or two.

Wenger knows how to build a club, knows what it needs and knows that he needs to properly equip the club to deal with the space he has left behind.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'd have him back provided he helps us set up a proper footballing structure at the top, with proper football appointments, and then retires in peace in a year or two.

Wenger knows how to build a club, knows what it needs and knows that he needs to properly equip the club to deal with the space he has left behind.

Again, that is the dream, but do you think he would sack Arteta if it got real bad? He's loyal to a fault, Wenger is, goes so far as to admit it.

I think he would hang on to a lot of people like the Gerry Paytons of the world, who needed to be moved and upgraded on.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Again, that is the dream, but do you think he would sack Arteta if it got real bad? He's loyal to a fault, Wenger is, goes so far as to admit it.

I think he would hang on to a lot of people like the Gerry Paytons of the world, who needed to be moved and upgraded on.

Fair point, his loyalty and romanticism may hinder our actual need to move on and put together a proper footballing structure.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@GDeep™ mentioned it in reference to Maradona, but I hope we don't wait until after he's passed to name the stadium after him. We all know it'll eventually happen, it's something that seems pretty inevitable.

Do you really think we'll do that? These days with naming rights etc?

Perhaps a stand?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Do you really think we'll do that? These days with naming rights etc?

Perhaps a stand?

It's one of those where I think it'll have to happen eventually. What he's done for this club and the fact he played such an important role in the building of the stadium. If Maradona and Cruyff have stadiums named after them for Napoli and Ajax, then I'd say Wenger would have to have it here. I'm sure something can be worked out, I think the demand for it would dictate it'd have to happen. Tho it's more likely after he's passed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom