• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Find it terrifying that Arteta prefers him to Sokratis.

Is Sok really that bad? I thought he was okay. :lol:

This confuses me too, thought Sok was playing well too with Luiz...for me Papa is a decent defender, Mustafi has games where he is literally trying to make us lose single handedly :lol:

No mustafi is just much better with ball Sok is better defender but can't pass he panic under pressure . When Mari get full sharpness he'll start

I never saw Mustafi as good with the ball, the amount of times he does that stupid lofted ball to no one infuriates me!

Mustafi panics under pressure all the time too, even today, there was an instance where he under hit a pass that set up a Newcastle 4 on 3 attack in the first half...he is good at attack set pieces though, I will give skinny Seth Rogen that!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This confuses me too, thought Sok was playing well too with Luiz...for me Papa is a decent defender, Mustafi has games where he is literally trying to make us lose single handedly :lol:

I never saw Mustafi as good with the ball, the amount of times he does that stupid lofted ball to no one infuriates me!

Mustafi panics under pressure all the time too, even today, there was an instance where he under hit a pass that set up a Newcastle 4 on 3 attack in the first half...he is good at attack set pieces though, I will give skinny Seth Rogen that!
Yes he not comfertable but so much than Sokratis not telling much really our defense is bad but at least Arteta is improving it.

Keplaz

Credit where it's due. Since his mistake against Chelsea he's been playing very well. He played well today. He didn't make any abnormal errors and was quite solid. Hope he continues like this.

Arteta is going to be an elite manager if he continues treating players like this. If he'd benched Mustafi after that game, he would have totally destroyed the little confidence he had. He showed faith in him, and the confidence is flowing.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Credit where it's due. Since his mistake against Chelsea he's been playing very well. He played well today. He didn't make any abnormal errors and was quite solid. Hope he continues like this.

Arteta is going to be an elite manager if he continues treating players like this. If he'd benched Mustafi after that game, he would have totally destroyed the little confidence he had. He showed faith in him, and the confidence is flowing.
The player is still a disaster waiting to happen, but Mikel is somehow managing to extend the gaps between disasters; he's getting a decent tune out of him because he has to!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

So we can sell him for more. I still don't have any confidence in him and I really don't want to wait until he decides to **** up again. Hope Mari gets in shape soon so he gets dropped.

Manberg

Predator
I think people are getting carried away. He's been decent but he's been protected by Luiz and he hasn't been tested. Against Newcastle it was Bellerin trying to deal with most of Newcastle's attacks that came down our right side. Newcastle's central striker was poor and hardly got in the box.
Under attack by a tricky striker, Mustafi will struggle.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wtf is happening why hw suddenly playing like the first 6 months when we bought him? Credit to him if he manage to turn it around and get a good move in summer we'll be all happy about him

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Let’s say it how it is, he’s been ****ing superb. He was always fantastic in the air, but know his decision making has improved tenfold and he’s showing dare I say it... composure?!

FairPlay to him. He’s been the most improved under Arteta without question.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wtf is happening why hw suddenly playing like the first 6 months when we bought him? Credit to him if he manage to turn it around and get a good move in summer we'll be all happy about him

This is what proper coaching looks like. Arteta has stabilises the team defensively and provided a structure.

Mustafi is a chaotic CB at times so needs to be drilled and have structure. He has a lot of good attributes. It's about minimising his bad ones which Arteta has done.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
OMG are people falling for this because we have a new manager. This IS the Mustafi.

He will give you a number of 8/10 games and then he will literally lose you one. This is what he has been doing for years. His mistake will come out of nowhere.
He gave the ball to Newcastle under no pressure when it was 1-0 to us I think

But because we won all is forgotten from some, I see him making another bad mistake soonish.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
There is no doubt Mustafi has improved but as he showed last night, he has that ability to fvck up at any moment. He will always have that in him, its great that he is looking better but only so we can get a decent fee for him in the summer.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Honestly its a remarkable turnaround for him. Cant believe im saying this but he’s been our best CB of late. If he keeps this up we might even get 15mil for him in the summer

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
There is a reason why Arteta choose to play him that much recently he is very good on the ball just like Luiz. fair enough hopefully he keeps this up.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He gave the ball to Newcastle under no pressure when it was 1-0 to us I think

But because we won all is forgotten from some, I see him making another bad mistake soonish.
Was that the odd mistake that even the best in the world make or was that another potential Shkodran special that we just got lucky with this time?

Only way to know for sure is to give him more time and see if Mustafi under Arteta is considerably less error prone than chaos Mustafi.

A similar thing is happening with Xhaka but he's a lot further along in his redemption storyline, cant remember the last time he cost us points. People have been waiting for him to slip up for a while but I think if it does happen it shouldn't be viewed as a 'Xhaka moment' but as a consistent player making a mistake.

That won't happen though.:lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s always been a decent defender when he’s not making horrendous mistakes.

The problem is that he makes horrendous mistakes all the time. Won’t be long until his next one.

We dont know that for certain. In arsenal he has worked with two defensively inadequate managers in wengz and Emery. Arteta could have a major impact that raises his all over level. Time Will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom