• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I

I Wish everyone was happy my friend. Some people will still find ways to moan
Don’t get me wrong, there’s a long way to go but he’s not getting there without a few transfer windows and some proper backing. I’m very confident that he knows what’s needed and knows how to put the pieces together. He’s taken the stress levels down by about 50% when watching us though.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s a forum, let them moan?

It’s become a thing on here to moan about moaning.
You're right. It's a forum. Everyone has the right to air their views. Fans have to realize that this is a process. He has stabilized us and made us hard to beat.

Even after the olympikos game, some people are still moaning about the line up, neglecting the fact that the manager had to rotate the squad.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t get me wrong, there’s a long way to go but he’s not getting there without a few transfer windows and some proper backing. I’m very confident that he knows what’s needed and knows how to put the pieces together. He’s taken the stress levels down by about 50% when watching us though.
IIRC, most fans wanted an experienced hand to stabilize us. But Arteta has come in and done just that. If the board can back him in the summer and we keep on improving, in a couple of years, we should be challenging for the title just as klopp's and Pep's cycle winds down

GDeep™

League is very weak
You're right. It's a forum. Everyone has the right to air their views. Fans have to realize that this is a process. He has stabilized us and made us hard to beat.

Even after the olympikos game, some people are still moaning about the line up, neglecting the fact that the manager had to rotate the squad.
Agree, I’m unsympathetic towards any Arteta moaning for the reasons you mentioned. For me he’s doing superb.

Has he abandoned the press game?

We will see in next top6 game we play.

We don't have 2 top players in every position so we can rotate, hell we don't even have a full XI of top players. So energy conservation should be the name of our game where we pick the moments to press and the moments to take a breather.

We shouldn't be gegenpress in every game. Most game we should win by basically be the better technical team.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta doing a 9/10 job for me. Would give him a maximum rating had we converted some of the draws to wins.

Even then, we conceded some weird unlucky goals during our draw run.

He is making us a better outfit defensively and in posession ofcourse there are still some area's which could and should improve attacking wise for example but what he has done in 3 months i am very gratefull hopefully the board will support him with a good warchest in the summer.

GunnerUK

I was one of the fans that was not keen on him and didn’t understand or see what the Arsenal Hierarchy Identified in him he had no Managerial experience never managed a game.

but his been really impressive in bringing the team together and playing as a unit.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta has been pretty grounded and has kept reiterating in his recent press conferences that there is a lot to improve and he needs more time to implement his philosophy.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t venture onto Twitter often but when I do it’s usually a bloodbath. There are some so-called Arsenal fans of the opinion that Arsenal fans who want Liverpool to lose and for both our records to remain intact, are pathetic, and are somehow exactly the type of fans our owners want, because a small time mentality suits their lack of ambition... or something. I know, it mutated from just an innocent wanting another football team to lose, to those fans being somewhat cancerous and the reason why we’re sh!t. If that’s not a case of self loathing and masochism then I don’t know what is. The irony is sublime as well.
Classic case of overthinking until you come up with something dumb. :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Classic case of overthinking until you come up with something dumb. :lol:
Paranoia as well. To think the owners are sitting there thinking ‘damn, we’ll be under no pressure from the fans as long as they’ve got the invincibles to hang on to...’. Way too invested, and they call others ‘pathetic’. Tin foil hat wearing ****ing imbeciles.

WiscoGooner8

Much better defensively (considering it’s the same group of players), and attack is showing signs of picking up. Hard to complain about Mikel.

Must be so hard for him to constantly having to worry about his own defenders back stabbing him but he is doing as well as he can and I'm very happy with what he has done so far!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
+3 goal difference, unbeaten in 2020, 3 wins in a row. Now that’s how you turn around a team.

SLD9.gif

Top Bottom