• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Unless he performs at a WC level from now till the end of the season I’d still want to sell him tbh.

A non-error-prone Mustafi is too valuable an asset to have on the bench.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Unless he performs at a WC level from now till the end of the season I’d still want to sell him tbh.

The problem with Mustfi is you could get WC level for 99.9% of the time and Pub Level 0.01% of the time, and that's when we concede!

bandaid

collectively as fans, the whole hunt for scapegoats needs to stop.

Even Championship teams would just take the ball and barrel down the centre of the park towards our goal unchecked...and i dont blame some of our defenders for having PTSD.

Mustafi was 23/24 when he joined us in 16, very young for a defender ... and arrived at the peak of the incel rebellion ....the last two year of Arsène and then the 1.5 yrs of Emery were absolute worst time to join a club....with the managers being lame ducks and under pressure for their jobs.

A period of stability, chastened fanmobs, young calm manager and lowered expectations will be a wholly different environment, and we might actually see him move up a gear and develop.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The problem with Mustfi is you could get WC level for 99.9% of the time and Pub Level 0.01% of the time, and that's when we concede!
always said this about Mustafi, without the brain farts he's a good defender. Looks like Arteta has found the secret formula and long may it continue.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
always said this about Mustafi, without the brain farts he's a good defender. Looks like Arteta has found the secret formula and long may it continue.
But we all know the next f*ck up is around the corner

elemoo

But we all know the next f*ck up is around the corner

That's such a poor mentality to have considering his recent improved form... why not encourage more of the same. I find it so weird when players do well and ppl are waiting for the 'next f*uck up' from currently our best CB - it's the same with Özil last week... we all know the defeciencies of certain players, but I honestly don't see the value of belittling your own players after they perform well instead of getting behind them.

Sad to read tbh.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That's such a poor mentality to have considering his recent improved form... why not encourage more of the same. I find it so weird when players do well and ppl are waiting for the 'next f*uck up' from currently our best CB - it's the same with Özil last week... we all know the defeciencies of certain players, but I honestly don't see the value of belittling your own players after they perform well instead of getting behind them.

Sad to read tbh.

If your partner has a history of cheating on you, then they have a small period of time where they don't cheat on you, they don't have the right to say "How dare you not trust me".

Manberg

Predator
It’s a clean slate for all. Mustafi included. I find it hard to let go of past performances too but it’s what we must do. He’s been pretty good and we should get behind him rather than wait for mistakes to criticise him for.

say yes

forum master baiter

I want him sold even if he performs at a WC level until the end of the season.

Form is temporary, class (or lack thereof) is permanent.

He’s already made more unforgivable errors in his short spell here than an actual top CB would make in their entire career. Enough is enough. Hope he can make a good career for himself somewhere, but we’ve more than enough evidence that he’s never going to cut it at this level.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I dont really think h
Arteta has. Mustafi has had brainfarts since. We've just been lucky enough to recover

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Sad to read tbh.
Come on, he's only been good for about 6 or 7 games.
I'm not belittling our player, but I don't live in la la Land. 6 or 7 games ago, he almost (may as well as) cost us the Chelsea game. I know some of you are desperate for mustafi to do well, I'm too. But I'm a realist, I know mustafi is solid CB most times, but will f*ck you when it matters most.

Funny you should bring up Özil. I won't bother responding to that. Don't want this thread to degenerate into another Özil thread

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

But I'd still sell him in the summer. Yes he's improved a lot but those crazy mistakes he makes are still there, we saw a couple in EL game but he got away with them.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

Sad to read tbh.
it is indeed a sad world when so many people would rather hate than hope - it goes way beyond football

elemoo

Come on, he's only been good for about 6 or 7 games.
I'm not belittling our player, but I don't live in la la Land. 6 or 7 games ago, he almost (may as well as) cost us the Chelsea game. I know some of you are desperate for mustafi to do well, I'm too. But I'm a realist, I know mustafi is solid CB most times, but will f*ck you when it matters most.

Funny you should bring up Özil. I won't bother responding to that. Don't want this thread to generate into another Özil thread

That’s exactly my point... he’s been good for 6/7 games. I’m not saying he doesn’t or won’t make errors - if and when that happens then fair enough he’d get stick but why after good performances? That means no matter how he performs ur gonna come here and be negative towards him? Kinda sad.

elemoo

If your partner has a history of cheating on you, then they have a small period of time where they don't cheat on you, they don't have the right to say "How dare you not trust me".

Such a poor analogy - you are comparing a relationship based on mutual agreement, understanding and communication that may go wrong due to many reasons (both parties could be to blame... what if u were a drug addict or were abusive towards them?!) to a professional job.

Mustafi didn’t ‘cheat’ or try to be a fraud and go out of his way to upset u... he has simply f*uked up on so many occasions that lead to goals so ppl were (rightly) proceeding with caution, but this isn’t the same thing.

At the end of the day you’re entitled to have your opinion and if you want to be negative about a player who is doing well bcos of their past maybe that has value for you, I just don’t see the benefit to that type of mentality.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Such as poor analogy - you are comparing a relationship based on mutual agreement, understanding and communication that may go wrong due to many reasons (both parties could be to blame... what if u were a drug addict or were abusive towards them?!) to a professional job.

Mustafi didn’t ‘cheat’ or try to be a fraud and go out of his way to upset u... he has simply f*uked up on so many occasions that lead to goals so ppl were (rightly) proceeding with caution, but this isn’t the same thing.

At the end of the day you’re entitled to have your opinion and if you want to be negative about a player who is doing well bcos of their past maybe that has value for you, I just don’t see the benefit to that type of mentality.

I just don't trust Mustafi, don't think I will ever trust him again, he has made consistently horrible mistakes for the four seasons he has been here.

I don't think he is a good player, don't even think he has played that well these past few games, he is still making loads of mistakes that just aren't being punished at the minute, but eventually they will get punished.

I also hate how when he makes he mistake, he always seems to blame someone else, ****ing hate that...want him sold, or at least benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom