• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Everton | Sunday February 23 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate the "He is good in training" justifications for a player. This is not a horse racing sport, talent and better play must always come first as long as the player is behaving well and doing what he is told to do.

Yeah Arteta should rather pick your favorite 18 players to be XI and on the bench!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Eddie is incredibly talented in a lot of things that you'd want in a modern striker, but, so far, he's got one striking weakness and that's his link up play and his ability to drop deep once in a while to just lay it off or play it wide then.

That's the thing Laca is just elite at, he doesn't do the spectacular runs like Martinelli, Auba or Nketiah, but he's very important for our midfielders to have a focal point up top, a binding link to our so often disjointed attacking line.

We currently just don't have a striker who has it all, like RVP or Henry, that can do both, outpace the defenders whilst also boasting that link up play that Lacazette provides.

Auba, Martinelli and Nketiah are just not good at that. For Auba, it's never going to change now, the kids might still develop this skill I hope.
Eddie is Ok at it but its not his biggest strength

LG10

Be interesting to see how a Xhaka, Ceballos, Özil midfield works against a decent side. Against the likes of Newcastle at home it’s refreshing but I feel they’ll get ripped to shreds on Everton counters.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Arteta is making errors leaving Martinelli out of the squad, prefering Nketiah and Laca over him in the CF position and if he continues to persist in that error, in the future it will prove to be a big mistake.
Record that. I am right, very often.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Crazy, they only have one loss in the last 11 PL-matches and that was against City.

A draw wouldn't surprise me.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta does the line up with the best players that they did so well during the training sessions

Arteta is making errors leaving Martinelli out of the squad, prefering Nketiah and Laca over him in the CF position and if he continues to persist in that error, in the future it will prove to be a big mistake.
Record that. I am right, very often.

Martinelli is 18. Its not end of the world for him to be left out of the squad for one game. He has played a lot. We also need to be careful not overplaying our young talents.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Arteta clearly fancies Nketiah- I don’t see anything special myself but he’s always capable of grabbing a goal. Let’s hope he can justify his inclusion today with a solid performance.

Looking forward to more Xhaka-Ceballos-Özil footy. They were fantastic in spells against Newcastle. With Everton playing 4-4-2 we Ceballos in particular should find himself in a bit of space.

Early. Goal. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom