• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
A new contract is a must for me, don't care if he wants £250-300k a week, will cost £60m plus, if not more to replace his goals. Also, today showed why him playing as a LW isn't a bad option at all.

Manberg

Predator
Only Aubameyang knows if he will sign or not. If he’s intent on leaving then he should be sold. Unfortunately I can’t see any signing who can come in and give Auba figures straight away.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
His runs from deep were great yesterday. I think it shows that Arteta had identified a weakness in Sidibe tracking back, thus he exploited it several times.

Just before Luiz's pass, there was a similar situation when Ceballos attempted same routine with Auba running in behind Sidibe.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
His runs from deep were great yesterday. I think it shows that Arteta had identified a weakness in Sidibe tracking back, thus he exploited it several times.

Just before Luiz's pass, there was a similar situation when Ceballos attempted same routine with Auba running in behind Sidibe.

Hopefully this is the case. If Arteta is providing the key to unlock the defenses; Aubameyang will stay.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the key thing for Auba's position as a LW has always been his ability to track back and do the defensive work. Since he's putting in the work defensively we are playing very well, and he's going to get a lot of goal scoring chances because of it.

Offensively, Auba will always get chances in this system because he's going to get marked by the fullback who is going to want to attack. If the fullback pushes too far up or falls asleep we know to look for Auba. I think Sidibe thought he could keep up with Auba, and he got punished.

Also, the brilliant thing about Arteta's tactics is that if the fullback tries to stay with Auba, then we push Saka into the attack, and now we force 2v1s on the flank. This gives Saka time to send in crosses, and Auba also moves into the center. This makes a defender have to try to mark Auba and close down this space before an Arsenal player can find him. This is incredibly hard to do.

Both of our goals from Auba against Everton were due to this. We found Auba in a 1v1 against Sidibe and punished Sidibe. On Auba's second goal, Auba moved into the middle and became a second striker, and it was hard to track his movement into the box. This gave him enough space to score.

Also, Nketiah's goal also shows how Arteta's tactics are working. Xhaka passed to Saka and Iwobi was defending Saka. Sidibe wasn't defending anyone, and Auba was unmarked. This confusion on the defensive end gave Saka the time to whip in the cross.

Arteta has found a position where Auba can be incredibly effective. Fantastic to watch.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sad stuff when you look at that productivity, what did we do with it? Finished 5th and currently mid table. Auba came to Arsenal and never played a CL game.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sad stuff when you look at that productivity, what did we do with it? Finished 5th and currently mid table. Auba came to Arsenal and never played a CL game.
This is actually a crime and that’s why I wouldn’t begrudge him if the right club came in and he pushed for a move this summer. He’s been paid handsomely for his services but he’s essentially been wasted here and he’s stayed professional about it. At least Sanchez got some CL games here and he was a tosser.

Hopefully we skank our way into a CL place by UEFA cup or a miracle run in the league and resign this guy.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Also, Nketiah's goal also shows how Arteta's tactics are working. Xhaka passed to Saka and Iwobi was defending Saka. Sidibe wasn't defending anyone, and Auba was unmarked. This confusion on the defensive end gave Saka the time to whip in the cross.

That was a very interesting situation just before Nketiah's goal.

You see Sidibe pointing to Auba as he makes a run toward Iwobi.
This makes Iwobi to make a single backwards step, which opens a small space for Xhaka to pass to Saka, who then crosses to Nketiah.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2018-19/goal-eddie-nketiah-1-1-2020-02-23.html

Such moves cannot be planned, but with training and tactics preparation, it makes for a system which allows for our players to know the next moves and where the ball will be passed to.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He had no support around him. May have wasted his peak years here. I think a lot depends on us getting CL football. It’s CL or he’s gone. We’ve got 1.3 chances of that happening.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think Ian Wright ever played in the Champions League/European Cup with us, and he was out top scorer of all time at one point!

Don't feel too bad for Auba, that's just life sometimes...plus Pierre has played AGAINST us in the Champions League, and scored AGAINST us in the Champions League :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
The last few windows have been poor tbh, signed a guy like Torreira and he’s not even a starter, others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom