• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Do you really think there's anything in this kid? Saka is two years younger and light years ahead in terms of development.

He has shown the he can score goals at Championship and Europa level and has shown enough to Arteta to start games (and score in) The Premier League. World beater? Perhaps not, but looks like he can do a solid job for us. Even if he reached Danny Ings level, that's great for an academy graduate.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Same energy

f0cd29f9e42fdd9fb9fcebf29e714a0a.jpg

nketiah-v-everton.jpg
Flying dutchman v Flying roadman.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He has shown the he can score goals at Championship and Europa level and has shown enough to Arteta to start games (and score in) The Premier League. World beater? Perhaps not, but looks like he can do a solid job for us. Even if he reached Danny Ings level, that's great for an academy graduate.

We'll see, his goal today was 99% an elite cross from Saka and he was just in the right place at the right time.

Obviously positioning is a skill and its better to score the tap-in than to miss it, but let's be real here. That was a world class cross and virtually every striker in the league scores that chance.

He also missed a literal open goal in his last game.

I don't want to be harsh to the lad but he's miles behind the likes of Saka, Martinelli and he should be ahead.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This young lad has good skills and great execution. But as a poacher, his off ball movement needs more work. I can see Eddie as a half target man if he has a taste in that role function. The team desperately needs that for variation.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Do you really think there's anything in this kid? Saka is two years younger and light years ahead in terms of development.

I don’t really rate him if I’m being completely honest. He has a nose for goal, no doubt about it- but you need a bit more than that to be a success at a top club (See Defoe, Chicharito etc)

He still has room to develop so we’ll see. But he doesn’t excite me in a way Saka, Martinelli or Guendouzi does.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We'll see, his goal today was 99% an elite cross from Saka and he was just in the right place at the right time.

Obviously positioning is a skill and its better to score the tap-in than to miss it, but let's be real here. That was a world class cross and virtually every striker in the league scores that chance.

He also missed a literal open goal in his last game.

I don't want to be harsh to the lad but he's miles behind the likes of Saka, Martinelli and he should be ahead.
I don't think every striker could even get to the end of that cross in the first place. They simply do not have the pace, movement or anticipation to get there in time. So while the cross was sublime, you should give more credit to Eddie.

And I don't think it's fair to suggest he should be further ahead in his development than Martinelli and Saka. Eddie is competing with Auba and Lacazette, Martinelli and Saka were competing with Iwobi, Mkhi, Nelson and Kolasinac. They've had a much easier route than Eddie.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thats harsh. 99% being all Saka isn’t fair - Eddie has to get a lot right to slot that away, that play takes two.
They know each other really well and Eddie was expecting that ball as they work on that particular set up a lot (see interview after Bournemouth FA cup match with Saka and Eddie).

Striker is arguably the hardest position to play on the pitch and this boy is a natural. Not everyone in Arsenal has to be WC you know.

Check out Leeds fans reaction to Eddies goal today (a lot of them follow him now).

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-fans-react-on-twitter-as-eddie-nketiah-scores-for-arsenal/

Tom349

He has what you can't teach he just needs to become better at the things that can be taught.

Beyond his goal he was also perfectly positioned for any potential rebound had Pickford been able to save Aubas effort and was getting into a very good position when Aubas cross was blocked in the 7 minute of the game.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So this guy is about 5-7 years away from his peak years and is scoring goals in the PL

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Heard so many pronunciations of his last name.

N-Ketiah, Nay-kay-tyah, Nay-ketiah, Un-Ketiah

Which one is correct?

Afro Mugo

What a horrible take. That was Eddie's first 90' PL game. 2nd start because he ha Aubameyang and Lacazette Infront of him. Saka may be 18 but he's been given a lot of chances this season due to our left back situation . He's gathered some consistency and I can remember some criticism of him at around December when he wasn't contributing offebsicely and suffered from some defensive laps. The kid has scored 2 goals in his last 3 starts . Other aspects develop as he plays more. He wasn't just a poacher at u23 level as people seem to think. He has really good all round play but of course at a higher level it won't show immediately. Arteta said Nketiah impressed him in the way he can find space in the box no matter who crowded it is. If he scores goals he's still doing his job. I don't think even Messi and Ronaldo were complete players at the age of 20. They had tools that were unique and they relied on them to get games as they developed other aspects of their game

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Inzaghi is still considered as one of the best Italian CF and he basically had 5% of skill Nketiah has, but he was in the right place at the right time far too often I guess.
The cross from Saka was perfect but it would be just another cross you would forget 20 seconds later if we had Lacazete there instead of Eddie

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

DON'T SLEEP ON EDDIE NKETIAH

I still need to see a bit more improvements from him personally as I've seen him play better - BUT this was a good start for him. 2 goals in 3 starts since returning from loan, both against PL opposition. Lots of industry and pressing, and he got a decent volume of shots on goal in the area against a good side. There's more to come - I think he could be a little sharper on some moves, and could take care of the ball a bit better in some instances but he's a much better player than given credit and I stand by that.

This.

Just being able to score goals while still transition his general play to seniors levels is very encouraging. There is a lot of things Eddie can do and is not doing yet at this level! So hopefully he can find confidence in doing these things and he will win a lot more people over!

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I don't see nothing special with this kid, I'd sell him for a hefty profit in the Summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thats harsh. 99% being all Saka isn’t fair - Eddie has to get a lot right to slot that away, that play takes two.
They know each other really well and Eddie was expecting that ball as they work on that particular set up a lot (see interview after Bournemouth FA cup match with Saka and Eddie).

Striker is arguably the hardest position to play on the pitch and this boy is a natural. Not everyone in Arsenal has to be WC you know.

Check out Leeds fans reaction to Eddies goal today (a lot of them follow him now).

https://tbrfootball.com/leeds-fans-react-on-twitter-as-eddie-nketiah-scores-for-arsenal/
That's a good finish from Eddie aswell. It was a great ball, but he still had to control that finish in the air and he got the perfect execution on it. It was in a good area to score but it wasn't a "tap-in".

I think we will see Nketiah continue to prove people wrong if given more opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom