• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've not seen Özil play like this since the Leicester game last season. He single handedly dominated Newcastle. I think the NUFC midfielders and defenders Will still be having nightmares about Özil for a long time.
:lol:

But sadly, he's more likely to have a 2/10 performance than a similar pefromance to this in our next game

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
best to treat him, and all the other players, as new signings since the arrival of Arteta, and reappraise them from that date

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Untitled.jpg

@hydrofluoric acid
handshake-1f91d.png
Mesut

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lmao this guy is useless

Shame we have to force it and play this guy for the sake of harmony amongst players/fans.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Lmao this guy is useless

Shame we have to force it and play this guy for the sake of harmony amongst players/fans.
I don’t think he is useless, but he sure isn’t much of a player anymore. Not really sure why Arteta bothers. I see very little of value he potentially brings. If we move Kola And Xhaka on in the summer we can hopefully bench him without parts of the squad going ape ****.

fc honka

Solid game. Compared to Ceballos much faster on the ball without those slow turns. Liked Dani though too! The ratings were very good for Özil on every media bar Arseblog where he got only a 6.5.
Some people should take their eyes of their asses :)

kenshinSG

Özil may not be picking up assist stats, but when he is not in the field, we couldn't hold on to the ball in the attacking half. if we want to ship him off, then we have to bring in a top CAM. it is not so easy to get one now

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Özil may not be picking up assist stats, but when he is not in the field, we couldn't hold on to the ball in the attacking half. if we want to ship him off, then we have to bring in a top CAM. it is not so easy to get one now
We weren't holding it well even before he came off. It was all everton. Lol

TimT

If you have paid attention, there were always two midfield players only a few feet away and on each side of Özil throughout the game waiting to close on him quickly as soon as the ball is released for him. Özil neutralized two players of Everton. It was the same last week as well. ManUnited and Chelsea struggled to contain him. Lampard has said it as well.

The moment Özil was substituted rightfully, the team couldn't make more than two consecutive passes efficiently. Although Ceballos has been making progress, he is still far from being good at his position. I'll give credit for his defensive work, He is young and have quality and skills to be better. When Ceballos is taken out, Özil becomes less visible and effective. I think Özil can and should do much more but that may only happen if he is surrounded by the right players. However, he is the only player that makes the team play more fluid football with better passing and possession of the ball. Sometimes, his passes and "hockey assists" may look too simple or ordinary but his decision is on spot. They are difference makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom