• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
What’s wrong with that? He’s spot on too, Fat Carlo.

It’s all mind games. It’s in the hope that Arteta and the team gets overconfident in the preparation (the day before the game). Many managers do it. Fergie, Guardiola, Klopp etc. Everyone has their own style.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If he actually meant it then why wouldn't he shake Arteta's hand afterward?
The moment he realized Arteta always had the knowledge Everton were ****e and Ancelotti just experienced it.

CEC60-D40-7627-464-B-9920-9-B55-E272839-A.gif

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Very happy with how his work is starting to reap rewards and getting a hard fought win like yesterday was a great feeling.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If he actually meant it then why wouldn't he shake Arteta's hand afterward?
I saw that after the match, to me though it looked more as though Arteta just went straight to our bench first to celebrate with the players & staff without walking over to Ancelotti first. Maybe I missed after though that Arteta went over later but Ancelotti refused, who knows. Usually I see the 2 managers walk over first to shake hands then celebrate with the team.

Manberg

Predator
Although I’m sure Arteta learned a lot from Guardiola, the way this rhetoric keeps getting mentioned when Arteta’s managerial prowess is discussed is insulting to Arteta. It’s like saying he knows nothing and he’s basically a Guardiola clone. Arteta is a manager in his own right with his own ideas. People don’t go around saying Guardiola learned everything from Cruyff at every opportunity.

sykesy69

Although I’m sure Arteta learned a lot from Guardiola, the way this rhetoric keeps getting mentioned when Arteta’s managerial prowess is discussed is insulting to Arteta. It’s like saying he knows nothing and he’s basically a Guardiola clone. Arteta is a manager in his own right with his own ideas. People don’t go around saying Guardiola learned everything from Cruyff at every opportunity.
This is something that is getting to me too, so disrespectful!!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It will subside given time. He is the real deal.

Tomb Bombadil

The wins start to come after few unlucky draws. He deserve it he created a positive atmosphere and competition. Still there lot things to improve
I wouldn't say the draws were unlucky. I think we were unlucky to draw 5 out of 7 and win + lose just one of the close results since Arteta came in. In those 7 games we gathered 8 points. If we had two more wins and one more loses from this draw it would be 3W/2D/2L - then we would have made 11 points.

But also think we shouldn't jump on the hypetrain too fast. The are many positv things but it is still early days.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wish Arsène would get some credit by the media, rather than everything going to Pep Fraudiola.

During Arteta's 5 years here, the last 18 months he was injured pretty much, I am sure during that time he studied what Wenger was doing.

I am sure Arsène had a big impact on Mikel as a coach too.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wish Arsène would get some credit by the media, rather than everything going to Pep Fraudiola.

During Arteta's 5 years here, the last 18 months he was injured pretty much, I am sure during that time he studied what Wenger was doing.

I think he himself mentioned that since he was injured he wpuld lead some training sessions, iirrc

GDeep™

League is very weak

Finally an interesting post by you. I agree.

Also I’m not sure how much you put into this “learning” bollocks. I think coaching and leadership is simply in the blood of some people and that is the main driving force, having people like Wenger and Pep is just a very small part of that development.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Also I’m not sure how much you put into this “learning” bollocks. I think coaching and leadership is simply in the blood of some people and that is the main driving force, having people like Wenger and Pep is just a very small part of that development.

Like life, you have people you learn from, but you are without doubt your own person.

Being a manager is such a mentally tough job, that comes down to the type of person you are, rather than who you draw inspiration from.

Hate how Pep is painted in the media as this Jesus like figure, that give Arteta everything.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Like life, you have people you learn from, but you are without doubt your own person.

Being a manager is such a mentally tough job, that comes down to the type of person you are, rather than who you draw inspiration from.

Hate how Pep is painted in the media as this Jesus like figure, that give Arteta everything.

While I somewhat agree, honestly its understandable.

Arteta is faaaar from the first person to suffer from that perception and its a regular occurance that you first have to step out of the shadow of your mentor/s to be properly aknowledged. Arteta is already on his way to do that and it only takes a year (and maybe a tropy) or two to silence those voices.

As it stands its only been 2 months since he started managing, of course those voices are still there.

pacstud

Truly great leadership does have an innate quality to it...

However, the BEST leaders never stop improving. Go look at their desks...I guarantee there are books on leadership. I guarantee they never stop listening and learning (and stealing) from other great leaders.

Similar to athleticism. While there is an innate quality to it, what happens next is habit and practice and consistency.

Arteta would appear to be a true "student" and therefore primed to be a GREAT leader!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
While I somewhat agree, honestly its understandable.

Arteta is faaaar from the first person to suffer from that perception and its a regular occurance that you first have to step out of the shadow of your mentor/s to be properly aknowledged. Arteta is already on his way to do that and it only takes a year (and maybe a tropy) or two to silence those voices.

As it stands its only been 2 months since he started managing, of course those voices are still there.

Agree, these are just people looking for something to say/an explanation. Linking his success with Pep sounds like you've solved a puzzle (but you haven't).

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Truly great leadership does have an innate quality to it...

However, the BEST leaders never stop improving. Go look at their desks...I guarantee there are books on leadership. I guarantee they never stop listening and learning (and stealing) from other great leaders.

Similar to athleticism. While there is an innate quality to it, what happens next is habit and practice and consistency.

Arteta would appear to be a true "student" and therefore primed to be a GREAT leader!
Spot on. Watched a program not long ago on Gary Linekar. A prolific goal scorer for clubs and England back in the day. Teachers and father saying that his brother had more talent at school. But it was Gary who had some talent but much greater drive, consistency and concentration. Gary ended up a national hero, his brother went to prison for fraud.

Arteta looks driven.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We just have to take it one game at a time, IMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom