• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t think less is expected by any other player besides him to be fair. If he would have had the game Cabellos had his fan boys would have been going crazy for joy.
not really, Özil would sleep-walk a performance like Ceballos yesterday. Even this Özil.

You need to raise your level of expectation.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
not really, Özil would sleep-walk a performance like Ceballos yesterday. Even this Özil.

When you consider what he’s still capable of, I think it’s fair to say he gets more leeway than any other player in the squad. Not sure how you can say he could sleep walk thec same performance as Ceballoss when he’s been consistently performing under that level for so long. Not even slinging mud here—that’s the truth. This thread is clear evidence of that. Ceb was good yesterday by any standards, Özil hasn’t been more often than not by any standards, nevermind his own.

bandaid

What I love most about it, is his loyalists have been taught how and when to comment. It's taken a long time, but fingers have been burned and lessons have been learned. The thread is how it always should have been now. My work is probably done here tbh.

well played Özil. The snow is melting.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When you consider what he’s still capable of, I think it’s fair to say he gets more leeway than any other player in the squad. Not sure how you can say he could sleep walk thec same performance as Ceballoss when he’s been consistently performing under that level for so long. Not even slinging mud here—that’s the truth. This thread is clear evidence of that. Ceb was good yesterday by any standards, Özil hasn’t been more often than not by any standards, nevermind his own.
no doubt he gets pampered. But not anything out of the ordinary where he has been constantly slacking off and getting praised. People were wanking off when he got dropped, but then our performances turned to ****.

He has been a better CAM than any other player at AFC since he signed except maybe Cazorla for a season or two, so I do expect him to sleep walk better performances than Dani

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
no doubt he gets pampered. But not anything out of the ordinary where he has been constantly slacking off and getting praised. People were wanking off when he got dropped, but then our performances turned to ****.
I don't recall people celebrating when he was dropped. The general consensus at the time was that he needed be dropped. Whether you think it was Emery's fault or not, he was awful. He's still part of our best eleven when he's applying himself on a consistent basis, which seems to be a problem.

bandaid

He's still part of our best eleven when he's applying himself on a consistent basis, which seems to be a problem.

sit in the snow. dont yell at clouds.

:Celebration:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I gotta say, his off the ball movement is incredible when you're watching live. He's constantly running looking for space, you kinda appreciate it more than on the TV.
You do see more of it when you watch him live. He's non-stop hunting around at that little jogging/shuffle pace; it's how he covers so much ground whether he's effective or not. First time I saw him live was the when I decided he's not doing enough. I saw the ground he covered and the areas he occupied and concluded he wasn't affecting the game enough for all his effort. It's a great start if you can make it count with incisiveness.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
It's incredible how has Arteta recovered this player for us, also I think that we should look in the transfer market another player to substitute him when is he tired. If Özil continious in the right correction he could give us the trophy at the end of the season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

:lol: To everyone his own. You clearly see something in Özil‘s performance I fail to see.

Looking back maybe four years, the discussion around Özil was a lot about that he needed to add goals to his game to become an elite player. At that time he at least had a lot of assists and incisive passes. Now in my view he is very much a shell of what he used to be with more negative than positive impact on the club and team. Signed him to his latest contract was the club’s biggest player mistake in 5-10 years. That and how we let Gnabry slip away.

bandaid

He kept the flame alive, the arsenal way alive, in the dark days between Wenger and Arteta. Truly a real gooner. Could have given up in the face of all the attacks, but showed real steel and did not let the haters drive him from his home.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It's incredible how has Arteta recovered this player for us, also I think that we should look in the transfer market another player to substitute him when is he tired. If Özil continious in the right correction he could give us the trophy at the end of the season.

I want Reiss and ESR as heir to the attacking midfielder position. They are dead certain good enough.

Our efforts in the transfermarket should focus on bringing in another top class CB, a midfielder like Zakaria or Soumare to finally add much needed athletism to our midfield and possibly another striker, if Auba and Laca were to leave.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil moving to Fenerbahce is possible, claims
Arsenal loanee Elneny

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/Özi...ims-arsenal-loanee/1rpp0a7mqqk3y1gone46lgg7sq

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We shouldn't be buying an understudy. we should be aiming to upgrade him. Is this resurgence just a temporary? I don't know. But you get the sense that the way we're playing currently is not how Arteta wants to play long term. He's just using this system to hide a lot of our players weakness. Let's not get carried away about Özil.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

:lol: To everyone his own. You clearly see something in Özil‘s performance I fail to see.

Looking back maybe four years, the discussion around Özil was a lot about that he needed to add goals to his game to become an elite player. At that time he at least had a lot of assists and incisive passes. Now in my view he is very much a shell of what he used to be with more negative than positive impact on the club and team. Signed him to his latest contract was the club’s biggest player mistake in 5-10 years. That and how we let Gnabry slip away.
Exactly, he's playing but not exactly setting the world alight. The likes of Pepe, Auba, Saka are all Adding productivity to our attack.

We need an AM that will take the bull by the horn and score goals when our attackers are having an off day like KDB. I have high hopes for ESR though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom