• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Has Emery been right all along? Cos its true what he says. Emery got us to the final and 5th. This season will be a far worse finish. Four managers in and no improvement in results. Given the circumstances, the defeat today under Arteta was one of the worst I've ever watched.

benjamin86

Established Member
Has Emery been right all along? Cos its true what he says. Emery got us to the final and 5th. This season will be a far worse finish. Four managers in and no improvement in results. Given the circumstances, the defeat today under Arteta was one of the worst I've ever watched.
8-2 to MUFC was the worst.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
As I said during the line up, would have liked some rotation. Really puzzling when Arteta comes out after the match and says players were tired with 4 games in 11 days. Then why did you play them? Esp Bellerin. He was done. Sokratis (despite his non-marking for the 2nd) was miles better than him in the first leg at RB. Definitely 2-3 out of Sokratis, Matteo, Torreira and Martinelli should have started.

WiscoGooner8

we were somehow in worse form under Emery this season. We are better under Mikel but he has such a massive job. I don’t think people realize how bad the squad actually is. I’d keep 3-5 players if I could choose. The rest would/could go. Until the owners back the manager consistently in the market (not once every 3 years) we will continue to fall down the table. Might not be bad if that causes him to sell to someone with ambition.

This defeat has been coming. We’ve been gifting chances, missing sitters and riding our luck for weeks. We have paid the price for Arteta’s mistaken belief that the big name players esp Luiz, Pepe, Özil and Lacazette are our best. All have been horrendous this season. If Arteta can’t see that then we’re in for a very disappointing couple of seasons until he’s replaced. Unfortunately, his failure to trust our youngsters may see Auba and Martinelli depart before he does when obviously it’s Luiz, Özil, Pepe and Lacazette that we need to get rid of.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

One thing I will say about Arteta, he is super reluctant to make the subs - very Wenger like.

Martilleni on for Lacazette was the blindingly obvious one. Martilleni is good at forcing the issue and being provocative and Lacazette couldn’t be bothered tonight.

What’s happened to Maitland-Niles also, is he done out here? Would have made more sense than Willock surely? For the 3-4-3 ish formation he played towards extra time. One of you tactics guys can explain the willock sub to me I didn’t quite get it.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Martinelli's run of games came when Aubameyang was suspended. Will likely play against Portsmouth but it seems for tactical reasons Arteta will only play Auba and Martinelli on the wing (may sometimes swap one of them for Pepe on the right wing too), unless he had a change of heart after today, which I doubt.
That's the sort of thing where we as spectators may not agree with him but Arteta's the manager and surely he knows what he's doing.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Feel for Arteta. Think he’s in for a massive car crash next season if Auba leaves.

The rebuild is too big and we simply don’t have the budgets for quick fixes.

Couple of young kids aside, this squad is horrendously bad.

Cry me a river, Arteta should have known what he was getting into before taking the job. If the rebuild is too big for him then he should get the freak out and let someone else take his place at rebuilding us. Losing Auba would be a blow, but the show must still go on without him and any one else that wants out.

This is why I wanted Marcelino as our manager. Dude did a miraculous job at Valencia when they were dumpster fire (far worse than we are ATM). But then dumb fans turned their nose at him for reasons that up till now I cannot understand.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Talked a good game when he started, but seems to be just as reliant on the "Usual suspects" as the previous manager,

hopefully this is a trial and error phase and he's just trying to get through the season with as little damage as possible,

he said quick fixes, at any rate this squad needs a major rebuild, good coaching can only mask deficiencies and lack of quality for so long.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Talked a good game when he started, but seems to be just as reliant on the "Usual suspects" as the previous manager,

hopefully this is a trial and error phase and he's just trying to get through the season with as little damage as possible,

he said quick fixes, at any rate this squad needs a major rebuild, good coaching can only mask deficiencies and lack of quality for so long.

Agreed. When it comes to the crunch, Saka is playing out of necessity. Other than that he is trusting experience and playing the exact same players that keep the club in the position it is.

He has his favourites and he is playing them no matter what. Bellerin isn't ready. He needs more time out, AMN is so much fitter at the moment, why not start him? As soon as Olympiakos scored we needed a goal. His change was Willock? I can't understand that substitution. Özil stayed on even though he did nothing put take up Pepes space. Pepe had them on the dribble. We needed another runner off the ball. We didn't need a pivot player. They were so deep that we got to their box straight away. Martinelli and Auba would have caused chaos with 30 mins together, but no, he brings on Willock.

On the one hand its disappointing, but it basically forces the club into a rebuild this summer without European football. We will have one game a week, so sell everyone who needs to be sold, get a strong pre season with the type of players he wants and have a go at top 4.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Can't stand Luiz in the defence. Always shirking responsibility, ducking under the ball for their 2nd goal, standing rooted in the box for their 1st. Says a lot when Mustafi comes out the braver one

Just c*nt the ball out of the box!!! Muppet

Ashybashy86

Sideshow Bob, 2 non-scoring plodders in midfield, a wannabe model, a twerker and Özil.

I've judged the man too harshly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not much he could do there, maybe bringing Martinelli for Laca earlier but that's about it.
I only hope he will be brave enough in the summer to make a complete clear out. We are trying to patch things around for far too long.
Build the defense around Saliba, midfield around ESR and attack around Martinelli.
We already have some good players around like Saka, Pepe, Leno and Torreira to help our rising stars, but we have to get rid of many players.

Latest posts

Top Bottom