• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

This! Everyone seems to have forgot Ramsey’s huge contribution last season.
Imo, he obviously left a big hole for us going forward. None of these gimps we have in midfield has the stones to carry the ball or show up in the box for a goal.
AM is so weird. Some say he can't get into Everton's midfield, others say he is the Messiah!:lol:

Anyways, as earlier stated, it was a terrible decision to get rid of him. Dude should have been our captain atm.

Not much he could do there, maybe bringing Martinelli for Laca earlier but that's about it.
I only hope he will be brave enough in the summer to make a complete clear out. We are trying to patch things around for far too long.
Build the defense around Saliba, midfield around ESR and attack around Martinelli.
We already have some good players around like Saka, Pepe, Leno and Torreira to help our rising stars, but we have to get rid of many players.
Yeah, he's got to be ruthless. Over 5 players must be axed. I'd keep Leno, Bellerin, Tierney, (Xhaka and LuizFor one more season), and the kids. Half of the remaining guys must go and the rest must follow the next season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Players aren’t good enough, we all knew that anyway. Crap mentality from most of them, turned up thinking the game was won after what? 2 good results?
How many times have we seen that from this group of players under 3/4 different managers.
Pathetic.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Agreed. When it comes to the crunch, Saka is playing out of necessity. Other than that he is trusting experience and playing the exact same players that keep the club in the position it is.

He has his favourites and he is playing them no matter what. Bellerin isn't ready. He needs more time out, AMN is so much fitter at the moment, why not start him? As soon as Olympiakos scored we needed a goal. His change was Willock? I can't understand that substitution. Özil stayed on even though he did nothing put take up Pepes space. Pepe had them on the dribble. We needed another runner off the ball. We didn't need a pivot player. They were so deep that we got to their box straight away. Martinelli and Auba would have caused chaos with 30 mins together, but no, he brings on Willock.

On the one hand its disappointing, but it basically forces the club into a rebuild this summer without European football. We will have one game a week, so sell everyone who needs to be sold, get a strong pre season with the type of players he wants and have a go at top 4.

Seems AMN doesn't want to play RB anymore which means he is not an option.......... you should be asking why we got a Southampton reject as RB in the Jan transfer window.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think we as a fan base have gotten used to pulling something out of the bag despite poor performances. We usually rely on this until the semis or finals where teams are just better than us.

Our team is annoying, they immediately started zipping the ball around after Olympiacos’s first goal. Why didn’t they do that for at least some of the first half?

Besides that, Lacazette is the hill that Arteta will die on. Don’t want to see him start again.

jato

Players aren’t good enough, we all knew that anyway. Crap mentality from most of them, turned up thinking the game was won after what? 2 good results?
How many times have we seen that from this group of players under 3/4 different managers.
Pathetic.

This has always been the mentality of the players. In the Wenger years, it used to be if they were mid table or lower team they played against they think they would be able to just rock up and win without putting in any effort.

It's the same here, instead of like other teams coming out and putting the game to bed by half time they dilly dally as if it was a training ground game only to screw it all up.

I don't know why Arteta fire up a rocket at the players at half time. There should be a captain that does this, but I don't see any on the pitch.

Also they need better game management, ffs, Leno a minute left on the clock just boot the ball up the field. Instead again he dilly dallys and concedes a needless corner which leads to the goal.

Actually I take it back blaming Arteta. This is on the players. Strongest XI and the players again think they have a easy fixture in front of them and that they would just walk into final 16.

Vital that Arteta start dropping some of these players now to be taken seriously. Xhaka and Laca have no business being in the starting line up atm.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta will need to get this squad balanced can't play your striker LW just because laca to play. And of course his subs need to sort it out because it make no sense. Arteta should have a word with Raul and edu about transfers get this squad more balanced and better tactical players

Anyway anyone who think Arteta to blame yesterday they need to look at last 3 games similar line up beaten better teams today they just decided to underrate Olympiakos and it cost us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Actually I take it back blaming Arteta. This is on the players. Strongest XI and the players again think they have a easy fixture in front of them and that they would just walk into final 16.

Vital that Arteta start dropping some of these players now to be taken seriously. Xhaka and Laca have no business being in the starting line up atm.
Tiredness/complacency.

By taking the game seriously Arteta probably cost us it. You could see nobody really wanted to move except Pepe and Auba.

Lacazette walking around like every step he takes was costing him money, never seen anything like it.

morpho

Established Member
"It is cruel. It is a massive disappointment but at the same time I am very proud of the players. It would have been an incredible lift if we had managed to go through the tie. The players have my backing for the way they played but it is painful."

- Mikel Arteta

How can he back this pathetic performance? Were is the Mr. Ruthless he promised us?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom