• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I know people say the squad needs improvement. But we're talking about Olympiakos, not against Bayern in CL. We have a far better squad than them and were playing at home. It was a very bad result. There are no excuses. Squad argument doesn't work here.

We played soooo slow. Game-plan was crap. Plan was to pass it to Saka/Pepe and cross it in, otherwise just pass them to death. Before the match, looking at their giant CB's we would've known it won't work. We have one of the fastest attacks around, yet don't use it. Played a WORLD CLASS striker out-wide and rely on individual brilliance.

It is what it is though. I'm hoping they start at least performing in the league now.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
"It is cruel. It is a massive disappointment but at the same time I am very proud of the players. It would have been an incredible lift if we had managed to go through the tie. The players have my backing for the way they played but it is painful."

- Mikel Arteta

How can he back this pathetic performance? Were is the Mr. Ruthless he promised us?

Something tells me he's buzzing off the 'passes completed' stats:lol:. This is just ridiculous. After Emery praising us when we conceded 20 shots a game, we really don't need a continuation. We had 4 shots on target, they also had 4. If this truly pleased him, then its worrying.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Let's just say though, if this was anyone other than Arteta, many would be saying he should be sacked if top 4 is not achieved through the league now. But its a former player with fan allegiance on his side. Just like Ole, he's fortunate cos he will need to mess up twice as hard as anyone else before any pressure is felt.

I just hope this is a good thing as he will have more time to create something.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
First real set back last night for Mikel, good to see how he responds to it..as to be a top manager, you need to see how they deal with difficult results.

Think we have a decent chance in the FA Cup, winning that would mean a very good first season for Arteta.
Struggle to care about the Cup now mate. It should only ever be the icing on the cake for a "big" club.

I'd gladly have swapped our 3 Cup wins for 3 more CL qualifications this past disgusting decade.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Struggle to care about the Cup now mate. It should only ever be the icing on the cake for a "big" club.

I'd gladly have swapped our 3 Cup wins for 3 more CL qualifications this past disgusting decade.

Has been a poor decade for us, especially compared to the 1990s/2000s.

I wouldn't trade the FA Cup wins though, especially for a tournament that we would probably get knocked out in the last 16 anyway...want back in the Champions League very badly, but not at the expense of our trophy wins, the FA Cup was the first trophy I watched Arsenal win back in the day so it will always be special to me.

Would be happy to swap all our Emirates Cup wins for a Champions League place next season though!

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We shouldn't ignore cup it's still 2nd best trophy in England and best cup compilation in Europe we should try and win it'll give us confidence for a future.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Want to say this is a blessing in disguise since we can solely focus on the league, that being said I don’t trust this team at all really, even if 5th gets CL.

Might try take some time out this forum until summer when I enjoy it again, been a chore for ages and my personal life is unreal atm so why spend time on here.

Anyway hope we somehow pull 4th out but really think we’re in for a disappointment.

I’m sure I’ll see some of you outside this forum anyway.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
On one hand, he inherited a squad with a piece of **** midfield comprised of 2 kids in Willock and Gwen, not replacing Ramsey, who was always a goal threat and the only one taking risks, Özil, who's washed up and Xhaka, who...well, what is there to say that hasn't been said about him?

However, to not bring someone in January, when you've seen us struggle to create all season long and the same thing continued to happen after you took over is criminal, especially since the EL was our last shot of getting a CL spot.

The club is a shambles right now. An identity crisis that will continue to last for at least another year until we find our footing, but I'm not holding my breath that Mikel will fix this clusterfuck of a situation or be here in one year if we continue with these results.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yesterday was bad, this loss is fully on Arteta. The subs either didn’t make sense or we’re done very late.

He’s said the right things and done some good work, but his inexperience sort of showed last night. This game is a reminder of how much work we’ve actually got ahead of us.

Manberg

Predator
This loss is on the players. Lineup was right, tactics were right. Players were walking around slow and laboured since the first minute. They didn’t play like they wanted the win.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
G’s on his 15th leave date.

Scenes when brexit is delivered faster...

Hope you enjoy your time off if you take it. Also agree it’s best we focus on the league and yesterday was a wake up call for Mikel.

Cant rely on plodders like Luiz and a horribly out of form Lacazette. The same goes for Mustafi, who’s had two motm performances but who we know will let us down when it’s squeaky bum time.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Want to say this is a blessing in disguise since we can solely focus on the league, that being said I don’t trust this team at all really, even if 5th gets CL.

Might try take some time out this forum until summer when I enjoy it again, been a chore for ages and my personal life is unreal atm so why spend time on here.

Anyway hope we somehow pull 4th out but really think we’re in for a disappointment.

I’m sure I’ll see some of you outside this forum anyway.

The summer transfer window is a laugh on here, don't get all the people that don't get involved. We all know it won't actually result in a good season but it's still fun. Euros might be entertaining. Basically anything other than us actually playing football.

Pepes blue pill

Something tells me he's buzzing off the 'passes completed' stats:lol:. This is just ridiculous. After Emery praising us when we conceded 20 shots a game, we really don't need a continuation. We had 4 shots on target, they also had 4. If this truly pleased him, then its worrying.

Come off it, tonnes of managers do the exact same thing, besides we already know he is willing to take action when needed

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still, doing a good job considering what he’s working with.

These are not a good bunch of players, no top defenders, no top midfielders, 1 elite attacker.

Wouldn't even say Auba is elite tbf.

Top Bottom