• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Looks like he had a cry. Think he knows the Arsenal story is over.

He’s scoring every game and the club isn’t going anywhere, he’ll move on. Think Utd is a great move for him, even PSG.

Good luck for everything.
Think it’d be Barca. Age fits that squad’s (see: Messi’s) window nicely, Suarez is breaking down and Griezmann hasn’t worked out. Could also see Madrid. Italian clubs a bit of a wild card but probably not realistic.

PSG is interesting, but not sure he’d be first choice in the CL games he’d assumedly be moving there for — maybe if Neymar leaves he can slot in. United presents basically the same problems he has here (albeit with fatter checks) so I don’t think that’s the move.

Here’s to hoping he stays, though — by far the best player in the squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was just thinking, how will he be remembered? You must say at the critical times he’s come up short.

Didn’t elevate us, showed no leadership, refused to discuss a new deal this season etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was just thinking, how will he be remembered? You must say at the critical times he’s come up short.

Didn’t elevate us, showed no leadership, refused to discuss a new deal this season etc.

I guess like a summer fling.

Not important enough to be something you love, but you will look back on it with a smile.

Had many players like this in the Emirates era.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Was just thinking, how will he be remembered?
giphy.gif

I can’t believe he missed it though....

Honestly these years its the most Arsenal thing players do.

We bought two best goal scorers in Europe in their leagues, and every time you enter debate you get "yeah they score but all strikers miss chances bla bla" but the thing is it always feel like they come up short in clutch moments.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Not really. His goals per game ratio sets him apart from every footballer in our entire history and PL history. I've no idea why anyone would want to downplay this. It's not his fault he arrived with the club in a mess. Of course he's important and good enough. You don't have to care if and when he leaves, but you can't deny his numbers.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

I guess like a summer fling.

Not important enough to be something you love, but you will look back on it with a smile.

Yeah that’s about right. Best thing in your life at the time, but no lasting impact.

Kingofthebongo

For me, similar to Sanchez without the decline towards the end.
Short but largely successful spells individually speaking, both too good for us at their primes, carried the team but more individual players than team players (although Auba seems more liked by his teammates).

RUS arsenal

Established Member
These past couple of pages are a bit embarrassing to be honest especially @GDeep™ (United? Really? :facepalm:). Leadership? The guy scores clutch goals (sure ignore the clutch stunner he scored a few minutes prior to focus on the miss) and he puts in a massive defensive shift on the wing (he saved a goal in our penalty box at the end of the match against Everton tracking back like an Energizer bunny the whole game when everybody else was already dead tired inspiring them to squeeze the last drops of energy out and all that after scoring 2 massive goals including the winner). In that last game the defense let everybody down by going to sleep when it mattered most. I mean, the great Henry missed 2 sitters in the CL final but you don't see me or anybody else hold that against him, do you? The worst part is the defeatist attitude despite it all to play for in the race for the top 5 which is likely a CL spot. Now that we don't have any distractions, it is all in our hands really. If we put a winning run together then we can easily take a CL spot, even Chelsea is very reachable.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way players are remembered is in part a product of the success of the team. Hard for a player to really leave a real mark in the fans hearts without winning something or being here for a long time.

He's done neither. He is elite however.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You must say at the critical times he’s come up short.
Unfortunately yes.

He’s an elite goal scorer but he’s missed a few ‘club legend’ type chances that lesser goal scorers than him would score. The Olympiacos one is the most recent.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Honestly these years its the most Arsenal thing players do.

We bought two best goal scorers in Europe in their leagues, and every time you enter debate you get "yeah they score but all strikers miss chances bla bla" but the thing is it always feel like they come up short in clutch moments.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom