• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Emery didn’t lose the final, his record in that competition is solid, he’s actually done things in UEFA cup unlike these lot he inherited.

The players on the pitch lost that final. The toxic environment drove Emery to make mistakes and lose his way, but he’s not a bad coach.

Arteta is doing a great job. A fantastic job even. However, the same will eventually happen to him. The media, the players, the fans - will be too much for him.
He’s a thousand times better with the media though so who knows. I just feel his reliance on some of the senior players who don’t deserve his trust will let him down and he is going to look like a mug pretty soon.
Unfortunately I think you are spot on with this post. In the end it is the players who are kicking the ball on the pitch and not the manager. If they cannot perform for whatever reason it is easy to blame the manager but with this lot and some of these players like Xhaka for example it isn’t like he is poor to average for just one manager, he is on his forth manager with us as are others and they keep on repeating performances like against Olympiacos. Hope the summer can bring some relief.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We really need to gut the squad almost entirely to start afresh and to remove the negative energy that's been built up through years of ****e, by ****e and inadequate players.

Arteta needs his brand new team bar a handful of exceptions.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We really need to gut the squad almost entirely to start afresh and to remove the negative energy that's been built up through years of ****e, by ****e and inadequate players.

Selling is better than buying for me at this stage.

Even if we just sold all our senior players and just played our reserves next season, I would still be happy :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Problem is negativity will be there in the crowd and connected to the club until it shows a big improvement. Even if we clear all the squad and rebuild.

The players need the fans support and the fans need the players to die for the shirt and make 110% effort every game and it's one of those were we are always in the middle of it.

Players do well fans on board but the minute performance levels drop fans get on their back. And they may just impact the likes of Saka, Willock, Martinelli and other young players moving forward.

I think it's just a huge build up of anger, false hope, lies and going backwards that has the fans so riled and negative.

We change managers, players, and it's always the same. Doesnt matter who we seem to sign their so called leadership from their last clubs doesnt transform this team.

What we need first is to try and find two or 3 proper leaders. They dont have to be the best players but they have to be the hardest workers and those players who will run through brick walls.

Again harping back to Liverpool but Klopp said I dont have to control my players or get them putting in effort when I have a captain and vice captain in Henderson and Milner. They sort that all out. Arguably Liverpools 2 least glamorous players.

Add Van Dijk into that who clearly demands from his team mates and leads by example.

We just dont have that and it doesnt matter who we seem to sign it doesnt make a difference.

Luiz who's been touted as a leader. Xhaka captain of Switzerland. It's not enough.

So while we need a clear out we need to be signing the right type of player personality wise not just skill wise. Sheffield United haven't got a quarter of the talent our players have. However our player dont have a quarter of the work ethic and organisation they have.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Problem is negativity will be there in the crowd and connected to the club until it shows a big improvement. Even if we clear all the squad and rebuild.

The players need the fans support and the fans need the players to die for the shirt and make 110% effort every game and it's one of those were we are always in the middle of it.

Players do well fans on board but the minute performance levels drop fans get on their back. And they may just impact the likes of Saka, Willock, Martinelli and other young players moving forward.

I think it's just a huge build up of anger, false hope, lies and going backwards that has the fans so riled and negative.

We change managers, players, and it's always the same. Doesnt matter who we seem to sign their so called leadership from their last clubs doesnt transform this team.

What we need first is to try and find two or 3 proper leaders. They dont have to be the best players but they have to be the hardest workers and those players who will run through brick walls.

Again harping back to Liverpool but Klopp said I dont have to control my players or get them putting in effort when I have a captain and vice captain in Henderson and Milner. They sort that all out. Arguably Liverpools 2 least glamorous players.

Add Van Dijk into that who clearly demands from his team mates and leads by example.

We just dont have that and it doesnt matter who we seem to sign it doesnt make a difference.

Luiz who's been touted as a leader. Xhaka captain of Switzerland. It's not enough.

So while we need a clear out we need to be signing the right type of player personality wise not just skill wise. Sheffield United haven't got a quarter of the talent our players have. However our player dont have a quarter of the work ethic and organisation they have.
Great post

GDeep™

League is very weak
My vote would go on deluded troll...
giphy.gif

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery didn’t lose the final, his record in that competition is solid, he’s actually done things in UEFA cup unlike these lot he inherited.

The players on the pitch lost that final. The toxic environment drove Emery to make mistakes and lose his way, but he’s not a bad coach.
He picked the team and tactics. Widely regarded as the most embarrassing game in our recent history by guys like Wright, Merson, Dixon, Keown etc.

The only tactic was to find Kolasinac, when that was blocked after 15 minutes, we had nothing.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Like, it was a devastating loss, but it's 1 loss this year so far. There's still quite a bit to play for. Quite a bit to do aswell.

Yup , I was more bemused by it than devastated maybe because I hate this comp so much . Think it's more important to absolutely hammer home culture and fundamentals into the team this season than results . There are certain players on this team , talented players, that need to be educated in top level football .

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The result obviously hit us hard and loosing a game in that fashion in extra time is always hard to stomach.

For the cup itself, probably no one really enjoys it, but it's more of a means to reach our much beloved CL again, the place where we belong.

That being said, for me personally, much more pain comes from that inevitable outlash from the fans after ONE loss.
It's always like that, you have a great game and Arteta is the best manager in the world and our talents like no others, one bad game and we are back to "sell them all !".

In the end that's just speaking with a forked tongue, you cannot praise Arteta and say he and the team gets full support and time to grow, then seeing clear growth, granted, not always linearly, but steadily and with each game showing something new, but ending up going full rage on the first loss.

It was a tough game to lose, no questions asked, but we actually played on the same high level as of the last weeks for all but the final ball. And that's just what you are going to get with attacking football in a transition period with things to develop, not all works out at times.

Besides, one clear sent off early on and we put it to bed just after half an hour. They got lucky, we got unlucky onwards.. take it as it is, be disappointed, but dont put everything into question going full hysteria.

We are improving, and based on this calender year, are the best side besides Liverpool and City.

say yes

forum master baiter
He picked the team and tactics. Widely regarded as the most embarrassing game in our recent history by guys like Wright, Merson, Dixon, Keown etc.

The only tactic was to find Kolasinac, when that was blocked after 15 minutes, we had nothing.
Are you kidding? :lol:

Hate to reopen old wounds but we have had far more humiliating losses than that one. The 8-2, repeated Bayern maulings, the 6-0 in Wenger’s 1000th game etc etc.

EL final sucked (mainly because of how important it was) but it wasn’t as bad as you’re now making out. We were the better team first half (even you were positive) but then Hazard turned it on in the second and we collapsed. Deserved victory for Chelsea in the end but the scoreline flattered them.
D7w3NS8UEAEneUw

Kingofthebongo

He needs to be ruthless now. Özil and Lacazette simply aren't contributing enough.

We need to get Auba, Pepe, Martinelli and Saka all on the pitch at the same time. They are primary goal scorers and assisters. We need them close to goal and we need to back them up with a unit that can win the ball back and pass them the ball. Play the players who are physically fit.

Saka--------------------Auba--------------------Pepe
------------------------Martinelli
---------------Ceballos-------Torreira
-Tierney----Mari----------Luiz-------AMN
--------------------------Leno

Bellerin needs to be in and out, Xhaka is redundant if Mari, Tierney, Luiz and Ceballos start. Do we actually need a 10, or cant we just give it to our wingers and let them beat their man. That seems more likely than Özil doing something meaningful. Why not give Martinelli license to wreak havoc with his movement. He can pop up all across the front line and arrive late in the box. I also think his potential to see a pass is underrated.

Top top top post.
Exact line up I'd like to see.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Big wengZ out here recording six nil, five one, eight two losses but Emerys final is the Most embarrasing one ofc

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big wengZ out here recording six nil, five one, eight two losses but Emerys final is the Most embarrasing one ofc
Emery was a bum and I love Wenger. But Wenger had a lot of embarrassing defeat during his time.

Only two defeat stands out as Really "embarrassing during Emery's time here". The EL final and the 5-1 thrashing at Anfield

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Wenger was past his expiration date and got humilated a bunch of times and all, but you sure as **** knew that if it was him at the helm with an easy run in to make top 3 he would've made it.

Top Bottom