• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Nearly every game for the last 10 months under Unai was embarrassing.
That EL defeat was the worst exit of a European competition for us since we went out to another mighty Greek outfit in PAOK Salonica in 1997. If we weren’t an obvious work in progress under a manager everyone has so much time for—and for good reason—the fallout would have been horrific. Luckily for everyone, there is a lot of other stuff to talk about so we haven’t really wallowed in it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That EL defeat was the worst exit of a European competition for us since we went out to another mighty Greek outfit in PAOK Salonica in 1997. If we weren’t an obvious work in progress under a manager everyone has so much time for—and for good reason—the fallout would have been horrific. Luckily for everyone, there is a lot of other stuff to talk about so we haven’t really wallowed in it.

Mate ... I was just trying my hand at this trolling guff , you've managed to foil it before it even begun :lol:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I've seen him take some nice shots - he just doesn't shoot with much conviction because it's not his game.

That said, Özil's end product has seriously fallen off a cliff and that's the biggest problem he has in the team. I think it might pick up if he didn't have Lacazette in front of him (his end product has suffered greatly aswell). I think Özil is probably working the hardest he's worked in an Arsenal shirt for a while now though. In theory, his vital numbers should be better than what they are.
Not so much.
In the last 10 games under Arteta Özil got 0.74 expected goals and 0.97 expected assists, those are poverty numbers for a so-called "playmaker".

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know if I can post this here. But I was just watching some highlights of our games in early 2010s, it was on a whole new level. Even city with all their millions can not score some of the goals we scored in 2010-2014.

It was pure meth

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
:lol:

"Arteta doesn't want a No9 that score"

:rofl:

Arsenal might as well sign me. I could do a good job of that. Not score or assist, that is.

I love this thread
I was honestly going to ask if any quotes could be produced, because since I read that I’ve been doing my hamstring stretches and noticed a pair of second hand Puma boots for £3 on Gumtree. There isn’t a professional player on earth that would be able to take that very specific no.9 role off me :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

With one player in the entire squad who, when he scores, we don’t nearly keel over with surprise and excitement. Thinking about it, I don’t remember us being as reliant on one man for goals as we are now.
We were quite reliant on the king for goals in 2005/2006. Granted I started supporting Arsenal the previous season before that.

But I agree with your point. We're so reliant on Auba for goals, it's even embarrassing at times for a club of our stature that have players that (on paper) that are capable of scoring goals (Pepe, Laca, Martinelli, Eddie)

RUS arsenal

Established Member
With one player in the entire squad who, when he scores, we don’t nearly keel over with surprise and excitement. Thinking about it, I don’t remember us being as reliant on one man for goals as we are now.
For many years now we've often relied on one player to carry the team, at least 3 of them goalscorers (Henry, RVP, Auba). Granted for a while it was due to financial constraints, but recently it is just down to poor business in the transfer market.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

For many years now we've often relied on one player to carry the team, at least 3 of them goalscorers (Henry, RVP, Auba). Granted for a while it was due to financial constraints, but recently it is just down to poor business in the transfer market.
I don't think we were particularly reliant on RVP though. During his time here, we had other players who chipped in with goals.

infact in 2011/2012, 4 of our players scored 10+ goals on the league ( Santi, Walcott, RVP and another player I can't remember) the same season RVP won the Golden boot.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don't think we were particularly reliant on RVP though. During his time here, we had other players who chipped in with goals.

infact in 2011/2012, 4 of our players scored 10+ goals on the league ( Santi, Walcott, RVP and another player I can't remember) the same season RVP won the Golden boot.
Santi never played with RVP

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah we were , he score the majority of our Goals . Theo scored a few , Rosicky , Arteta , Ox scored one of two, maybe Benayoun but we were super reliant on Van Persie .

Latest posts

Top Bottom