• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Joe Gomez is really, really good.

Not sure how much of it comes from playing with VVD though.
Yeah Gomez is a great, although it’s hard to judge any CB playing next to Van Dijk. Even Squillaci might have looked world-class next to him. Truly one of the most dominant players I’ve ever seen in that position.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah Gomez is a great, although it’s hard to judge any CB playing next to Van Dijk. Even Squillaci might have looked world-class next to him. Truly one of the most dominant players I’ve ever seen in that position.
You never watched Rio, Sol, Vidic, Terry play?

say yes

forum master baiter
You never watched Rio, Sol, Vidic, Terry play?
Yeah, they’re all up there. If we’re talking premier league greats you’d be remiss not to mention Stam and Adams too.

Genuinely reckon Van Dijk might be remembered as the best of them though, particularly if he can maintain his current level for a few more years.

He’s as physically dominant as any of those mentioned above, supremely comfortable on the ball, and a fantastic leader. Elevates everyone around him. And I don’t think it can be forgotten how much more demanding the game has become for CBs since the likes of Adams were playing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Genuinely reckon Van Dijk might be remembered as the best of them though, particularly if he can maintain his current level for a few more years.
Guys like Terry and Rio were WC for 10 years straight, Rio and Campbell even made team of the tournaments in back to back international tournaments.

I would say for Van Dijk at 29 it’s impossible to surpass the levels shown by Rio for example.

Then you go to the continent and see what guys like Varane and Ramos have done.

Great defender obviously, but he’s just scratched the surface compared to what others before him have done.

say yes

forum master baiter
I bet @say yes is a signed up member of the n0nce brigade who think David Silva is the best foreigner to play in England?
giphy.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hard to judge Pablo based on that game. Believe me we'll have plenty of games coming up where we'll get to properly judge him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hard to judge Pablo based on that game. Believe me we'll have plenty of games coming up where we'll get to properly judge him.
That's why i want him to start league games from now until end of season we could save alot of millions if he turnout excellent cb

say yes

forum master baiter
That's why i want him to start league games from now until end of season we could save alot of millions if he turnout excellent cb
Yeah if I were Arteta I’d give him a run of games alongside Luiz now to see what he’s made of.

Might be seen as harsh on Mustafi given his recent form, but he’s had 3 years to nail down a spot here.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah if I were Arteta I’d give him a run of games alongside Luiz now to see what he’s made of.

Might be seen as harsh on Mustafi given his recent form, but he’s had 3 years to nail down a spot here.

Yes harsh on Mustafi but time to move on can't keep depending on players that let us down since 2016

Aevi

Hale End FC
Didn't watch the whole game but he looks a solid player, we might be onto something here. He seems quite calm and collected which is a nice change.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Apart from the error at first half he did very well struggled a bit with pace of game as expected but clean sheet in his debut is good for any CB.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Would be interesting to see how he'll cope with Aguero. It won't be easy against best non English striker since Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom