• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
worst game under Arteta

Definitly one of, but most of all weirdest game under Arteta. In general I noticed it in other games, but his positioning (especially) as well as his decision making is changing. He's clearly getting new instructions, but he's looking worse with them and I don't know what Arteta's plan is long term with that.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Definitly one of, but most of all weirdest game under Arteta. In general I noticed it in other games, but his positioning as well as his decision making is changing. He's clearly getting new instructions, but he's looking worse with them and I don't know what Arteta's plan is long term with that.

I would imagine one eye on completely rebuilding our midfield. Needed really.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't think there is a single player in the world that could pair with this guy. He is not good enough to be a playmaker so we need someone like Ceballos next to him, but then Ceballos also needs to do most of defending because Xhaka can barely move. While Torreira can cover most of the defensive stuff, he doesn't have the technical quality of Ceballos so we lose fluency in our game.
Add Özil to that mix and we have one of the worst midfield in PL.

Their players were running 20 yards through our midfield without being challenged. Now imagine we've played Bayern instead of this lot today...

It's absolutely shocking that we didn't manage to fix this problem for the last 3-4 years, and I'm fairly sure both Özil and Xhaka will play with us next season.

NZgunner

He was playing higher up today. I don't think it suits him. Wasn't terrible but I expect the haters to be abusing him if he is.
If anything he was sitting back, letting Saka make forward runs down the left.

He made a couple of decent passes, but gave the ball away 3 or 4 other times, and was mostly invisible. Ceballos was a lot more involved even if he didn't really produce anything - usually after taking 3 more touches than he needs to.

Xhaka still epitomises the mediocrity of our midfield over the last few seasons - even when he has a good game you could never see him making the lineup for any of the teams above us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's normal if you want to get back to CL you'll need better player than Xhaka. He doing all he can but that his quality.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He's ****ing awful. The great pretender. Ali Dia II. He must ooze hypnotic gas from his pores.
Honestly he is just shiyte.
Unbelievably he’s quite a bit worse when watching him at the Emirates. Ceballos played the “Xhaka” role to perfection yesterday. Hope we never see this fraud play for us again, cant do even basic stuff right. Trash footballer, we should’ve bitten Hertha Berlins hand off with whatever they offered.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I was a bit annoyed when Arteta stopped that transfer. He’s got really bad habits and is so careless with the ball.

Our current midfield is the worst I can remember having in decades, I used to look at our midfielders like Song and Coquelin thinking we could do better. We’ve somehow regressed in this area.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I was a bit annoyed when Arteta stopped that transfer. He’s got really bad habits and is so careless with the ball.

Our current midfield is the worst I can remember having in decades, I used to look at our midfielders like Song and Coquelin thinking we could do better. We’ve somehow regressed in this area.

Keep thinking Diaby would be a monster in this current team and league . Still gutted they moved Jeff on last summer . Stupid .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Keep thinking Diaby would be a monster in this current team and league . Still gutted they moved Jeff on last summer . Stupid .
You just never ever get rid of a player like Jeff with his profile. We’ve got people like Guendouzi and Willock at the club now who aren’t ready but I’d never want to sell them for the paltry fee we’d get. Willock for example clearly needs a loan and I’m sure he’ll come back a lot better.

People often compare our youngsters to others we’ve lost and are now playing well. Gnabry is 24 and didn’t really start playing at a high level until he was 22/23, Jeff is having his breakout year at 22. The likes of Willock, Nketiah and Nelson are 20. Smith Rowe and Saka are still teenagers ffs.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

Woulda made too much work for the transfer team if we let him go in Jan. Like it or not he's still one of the better midfielders at the club so woulda needed the right signing to replace him.

progman07

Established Member
Xhaka's poorest peformance under Arteta.
No wonder it happens when he has to do more than 'just' cover for Saka at left back.

To be fair, Xhaka has been very good at doing what he was asked from Arteta so far, but that's still not a lot as his game is quite limited. Hopefully we improve on him in the summer. He can be a good utility player, with 20-30 starts a season (all comps), but to regularly dominate against the physical teams of the PL, we need a player who is elite either technically or physically (and Xhaka is none of those).

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You just never ever get rid of a player like Jeff with his profile. We’ve got people like Guendouzi and Willock at the club now who aren’t ready but I’d never want to sell them for the paltry fee we’d get. Willock for example clearly needs a loan and I’m sure he’ll come back a lot better.

People often compare our youngsters to others we’ve lost and are now playing well. Gnabry is 24 and didn’t really start playing at a high level until he was 22/23, Jeff is having his breakout year at 22. The likes of Willock, Nketiah and Nelson are 20. Smith Rowe and Saka are still teenagers ffs.
Insane how we've lost Gnabry, Jeff and Malen in recent years and are still flush with talent knocking at the door. Would love to bring Jeff and Donny back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom