• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Ramsey is way superior to Bale and maybe even Rush. There's a lot of talent coming through with the likes of Ampadu, but 2016 especially he's been their standout player way before Bale. If Aaron wasn't suspended they'd have made the final.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The way Wenger changed british football should be held in higher regards when it comes to comparison with SAF legacy, even though i too obviously holf SAFs accomplishments in higher regard

Wengers ability to get us in top four during the "dark years" is overrated on here, imo. Not like we were a poverty team by any means, still one of the leagues largest wage bill and talented squads.

Mesut Özil should have been allowed to play for a longer time with Ronaldo, their understanding of each other on the field was glorious. Dont understand that sale at all.

tcahill

Raul had an excellent transfer window. Brought in:

- First team quality LB
-World class winger
-First team quality midfielder on loan
-Two excellent prospects in Martinelli and Saliba
-First team quality CB for cheap and on a short contract

Circumstances that could not be forseen:

-Pepe has taken awhile adapting to the league
-Tierney has been injured for the majority of the season (yes he was brought in injured but recovery was longer than expected and second injury was unlucky)
-Ceballos has overall been average so far
-Emery struggled to use Luiz to his best effect.

His only foot wrong is not firing Emery sooner.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Every single player over the age of 23 (with the exception of Pepe and Auba) should be sold within the next 2 to 3 years. They are not good enough and never will be.
Bellerin
Xhaka
Torreira
Sokratis
Luiz
Holding
Chambers
Pepe
Auba (he leaves because he’s too good for us and not because he isn’t good enough, but still, he should be sold to rebuild the squad)
Lacazette
Kolasanic
Soares
Özil
Mustafi
Leno
Martinez
I can’t think of anyone else but yeah the lot of them should be binned within the next few years and quickly.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Every single player over the age of 23 (with the exception of Pepe and Auba) should be sold within the next 2 to 3 years. They are not good enough and never will be.
Bellerin
Xhaka
Torreira
Sokratis
Luiz
Holding
Chambers
Pepe
Auba (he leaves because he’s too good for us and not because he isn’t good enough, but still, he should be sold to rebuild the squad)
Lacazette
Kolasanic
Soares
Özil
Mustafi
Leno
Martinez
I can’t think of anyone else but yeah the lot of them should be binned within the next few years and quickly.
Spot on.

Keep the Hale End lads, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Saliba and I’d give Pepe and Tierney another season.

The rest all need binning.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Spot on.

Keep the Hale End lads, Martinelli, Guendouzi, Saliba and I’d give Pepe and Tierney another season.

The rest all need binning.
Can you imagine if they actually did that in the summer. Would be amazing if only for sky sports news linking us to a new player every 10 mins only for us to field 8 players as we didn’t have enough cash to replace all the dross we sold.

GoonerJay24

The way Wenger changed british football should be held in higher regards when it comes to comparison with SAF legacy, even though i too obviously holf SAFs accomplishments in higher regard

Wengers ability to get us in top four during the "dark years" is overrated on here, imo. Not like we were a poverty team by any means, still one of the leagues largest wage bill and talented squads.

Mesut Özil should have been allowed to play for a longer time with Ronaldo, their understanding of each other on the field was glorious. Dont understand that sale at all.

That's wrong on so many levels.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Bellerin
Xhaka
Torreira
Sokratis
Luiz
Holding
Chambers
Pepe
Lacazette
Kolasanic
Soares
Özil
Mustafi
Leno
Martinez

Leno is definitely good enough, and Pépé is far too talented to give up on so quickly. The rest I'm fine with.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I don't like the expression 'dressing room'. Cant help but picture our players in dresses and high heels
I’ve struggled with it too. I’ve often looked for an alternative, but ‘he’s lost the changing room’ just makes it sound like the manager has early-onset Alzheimer’s. Going forward, I think ‘dresser’ sounds sufficiently manly.

Last edited:

MATHEO

Very unpopular, but Özil under Wenger was getting better each season. Maybe his assist record never matched his second season (constant injuries were a factor), but he started to become a goalscorer and making proper runs in the box, Alexis and Giroud always found him. He also had a slightly bigger influence on our buildup play.

Sadly it went downhill since Emery was appointed

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Very unpopular, but Özil under Wenger was getting better each season. Maybe his assist record never matched his second season (constant injuries were a factor), but he started to become a goalscorer and making proper runs in the box, Alexis and Giroud always found him. He also had a slightly bigger influence on our buildup play.

Sadly it went downhill since Emery was appointed

16/17 was the season he and Alexis really started to form such a good understanding. The firs two seasons they assisted each other for some goals but 16/17 it was almost telepathic. 17/18 it's kind of hard to judge given how bad things were.

Top Bottom