• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

blrgooner

Established Member
Serious question.. What are the aspects of amns game which people see which makes them think he should be starting in the central midfield position?
Frankly i think there is good player there.. But i can't see him being a part of a 2 man midfield for any of the top 10 epl clubs at present... He may be really good in a 3 man midfield if there are creative players in front of him but hardly any team plays with that kind of formation these days

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Midfield is our weakest area by far, nobody in there is good enough. Rubbish defensively so they make the defenders even worse than they are, and they’re pretty ****. They can’t dribble or create so our attack is blunt.

Would loan Guendouzi and Willock and sell the rest, need big investment in there, 3 or 4 proper players.

Kav

Established Member
Serious question.. What are the aspects of amns game which people see which makes them think he should be starting in the central midfield position?
Frankly i think there is good player there.. But i can't see him being a part of a 2 man midfield for any of the top 10 epl clubs at present... He may be really good in a 3 man midfield if there are creative players in front of him but hardly any team plays with that kind of formation these days
Liverpool.... seems to work for them. They only have workhorses in their midfield. Except lallana and when they play Ox

zilfy

However, his words strongly indicate that he's not looking to play Tierney AND Saka in the same side, he's not looking to play Saka further up front and I consider this highly disappointing.
I would like to see that at some point too. The trouble is we are heavily dependent on Saka's deliveries into the box. At the moment he has 3 targets to aim at-auba near post, eddie/laca central and Pepe far (rotating of course).

If hes playing LW he only has two targets-alot easier to defend

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Midfield is our weakest area by far, nobody in there is good enough. Rubbish defensively so they make the defenders even worse than they are, and they’re pretty ****. They can’t dribble or create so our attack is blunt.

Would loan Guendouzi and Willock and sell the rest, need big investment in there, 3 or 4 proper players.

We always seemed to have one of the best, if not the best, midfields in the country, even after moving to the Emirates we still have top players in there...but ever since Santi got injured and we replaced him with Xhaka, things have just plummeted so far, so ****ing fast!

0BE98CD6000005DC-3540423-image-m-28_1460661885202.jpg

4a5638132d9daa6b02e2bab90ec7c7a634149757.jpg

Ramsey-Wilshere-.jpeg

...Arsène is ashamed :(

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We always seemed to have one of the best, if not the best, midfields in the country, even after moving to the Emirates we still have top players in there...but ever since Santi got injured and we replaced him with Xhaka, things have just plummeted so far, so ****ing fast!

Ramsey-Wilshere-.jpeg

Denilson would be our best midfielder ffs.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Ramsey-Wilshere-.jpeg

To be honest. Those midfield pairs get progressively worse... Vieira and Petit, what a midfield pair to have... ****ing hell! Even I could coach them!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
To be honest. Those midfield pairs get progressively worse... Vieira and Petit, what a midfield pair to have... ****ing hell! Even I could coach them!

Ramsey and Wilshere weren't even a good pair tbf, each's best form came when they played in midfield with someone else...have them in there just because I loved them as players, plus both had such a connection to the club.

We went from being with...a 10/10, to a 8/10, to a 5/10 (with great potential) to this point where our date now is bascially a blow-up doll :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Denilson, Song and Diaby would destroy these lot.

That was when Cesc was injured as well, and Ramsey was often benched too, oh and Wilshere was on loan! Look at those profiles and what we have now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ibrahim Sangaré, Todd Cantwell, Houssem Aouar.

Replace the entire midfield with these three. A man can dream.
Not seen much of those three but we don’t even have to sign big names. We just need players with the right profile, physically capable with the technical ability to thrive under pressure. All our current midfielders are slow, weak or technically limited and none of them can dribble.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Remember when people were debating if a massive bid came in for Guendouzi should we take it? Hope Arteta loans or sells. I have a feeling though that Arteta won't get a say in transfers.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Remember when people were debating if a massive bid came in for Guendouzi should we take it? Hope Arteta loans or sells. I have a feeling though that Arteta won't get a say in transfers.
Would def sell right now for £40m+ if it helps us revamp midfield.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’d sell Xhaka and Torreira before Guendouzi. Guendouzi in a couple of years could be phenomenal. Can see him going to a Roma/Dortmund level club and then moving on to a Juve/Bayern ala Szczesny and Gnabry.

Pointless putting 2 years effort into a kid and then selling him for another club to reap the rewards of him growing up.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’d sell Xhaka and Torreira before Guendouzi. Guendouzi in a couple of years could be phenomenal. Can see him going to a Roma/Dortmund level club and then moving on to a Juve/Bayern ala Szczesny and Gnabry.

Pointless putting 2 years effort into a kid and then selling him for another club to reap the rewards of him growing up.

I don't think he will be phenomenal. His strongest attribute is his personality. He has aspects of his game he simply cant improve.

Speed
Aerial ability
Agility

He cant really shoot and his dribbling is average.

I don't see an elite player there. I can see Bellingham or Camvinga becoming elite. We should sell Guendouzi to fund a move for one of them.

Top Bottom