• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Effect of Coronavirus on Arsenal

remains

This coronavirus panic is out of control, in the UK you've as much of a chance of winning the Euro Millions than you have of catching the ****ing thing, never mind actually dying from it. The people that have died are either the elderly or they have an underlying medical condition - heart, lung problems, etc. So it's as much of a killer as the normal flu bug. Infact you're more likely to get depression from hearing about the virus every 2 ****ing seconds and taking your own life from it(the depression).

That said the Chinese still have alot to answer for, any event that is postponed, or canceled, China should be forced to pay compensation towards. They caused this ****, ****ing ******.

I have a friend working in one of the worst affected Italian hospitals and the situation there is absolutely dire. People who normally could be saved are dying because of a lack of equipment and space, doctors have to choose who gets the ventilators based on who has the highest chances of survival. But who cares, they’re only old people.

The same thing could happen in the UK in a matter of weeks, so everyone has a responsibility to help slow the rate of infection.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We are playing Brigton. The 14 days period was from when they came into contact with Olympiakos and continues until tomorrow. So after tomorrow they are free to play. Weird set up.
Potentially a huge waterfall effect. If one of our guys displays symptoms before Friday then every West Ham and Portsmouth player will have to do their own 14 day self isolation. We’d also have to test everyone on our team.

Basically this is huge, one sore throats in the Arsenal team and all of english football could grind to a halt, if it isn’t already.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This coronavirus panic is out of control, in the UK you've as much of a chance of winning the Euro Millions than you have of catching the ****ing thing, never mind actually dying from it. The people that have died are either the elderly or they have an underlying medical condition - heart, lung problems, etc. So it's as much of a killer as the normal flu bug. Infact you're more likely to get depression from hearing about the virus every 2 ****ing seconds and taking your own life from it(the depression).

That said the Chinese still have alot to answer for, any event that is postponed, or canceled, China should be forced to pay compensation towards. They caused this ****, ****ing ******.
Tbf it’s more contagious. You pass on your flu to 1.3 people on average versus 2.2 with Covid. Doesn’t sound like that much but over 20 generations you’re talking about ~150 people getting your flu vs ~30 million people getting your coronavirus.

It’s also about 10x deadlier (although still low at around 1.6% fatality) and if the hospitals reach critical capacity you can expect that to increase as people who would survive with treatment are unable to receive it.

The thing is no joke.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We are so unlucky in getting into these situations.

Even when Litvinenko was poisoned with polonium in London, the two suspects went to Emirates to watch our CL match vs. CSKA ( which btw, was an extremely frustrating 0-0 draw, with tons of missed chances).

Does anyone know which are these 4 players affected ?

Also, what does this say about the Greek fans who celebrated along their CEO at full time whistle? There was bedlam in that area and lots of them were seen hugging and singing him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

That's shortsighted to say the least, it's highly infectious and what we're doing now is to try and stop the spread so it doesn't get worse while people are trying to get vaccines etc., going.

The problem is not for the healthy individual that contracts it, it's about said healthy individual infecting an elderly person or a person with a compromised immune system.

You might think that 2.2% is a low rate of fatality, but it's 1 in 50.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's shortsighted to say the least, it's highly infectious and what we're doing now is to try and stop the spread so it doesn't get worse while people are trying to get vaccines etc., going.

The problem is not for the healthy individual that contracts it, it's about said healthy individual infecting an elderly person or a person with a compromised immune system.

You might think that 2.2% is a low rate of fatality, but it's 1 in 50.
Yeah, my sister has type 1 diabetes. Anything very easily attacks her.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf it’s more contagious. You pass on your flu to 1.3 people on average versus 2.2 with Covid. Doesn’t sound like that much but over 20 generations you’re talking about ~150 people getting your flu vs ~30 million people getting your coronavirus.

It’s also about 10x deadlier (although still low at around 1.6% fatality) and if the hospitals reach critical capacity you can expect that to increase as people who would survive with treatment are unable to receive it.

The thing is no joke.

The death rate thing is interesting, I have a friend in South Korea and it seems due to the fact they are max testing almost every day their death rate is really low as it’s picking up everyone who’s asymptomatic.

This is compared to most countries in Europe who seem to be testing those with symptoms. So you range from 5% in Italy where they’re testing mostly people already in hospital to South Korea which has around 0.6%.

As an aside, it’s really easy to find scaremongering and a lot of people taking a perverse pleasure in the rising infection rate. If I was anyone here I’d try and stick to one source you trust for news and try and limit how much you read on it as after a while it’s easy to lose sight of the facts.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The death rate thing is interesting, I have a friend in South Korea and it seems due to the fact they are max testing almost every day their death rate is really low as it’s picking up everyone who’s asymptomatic.

This is compared to most countries in Europe who seem to be testing those with symptoms. So you range from 5% in Italy where they’re testing mostly people already in hospital to South Korea which has around 0.6%.

As an aside, it’s really easy to find scaremongering and a lot of people taking a perverse pleasure in the rising infection rate. If I was anyone here I’d try and stick to one source you trust for news and try and limit how much you read on it as after a while it’s easy to lose sight of the facts.

Basically you don't have to buy the whole super market, just have canned/dried food, water and supplies for the quarentene period and that's good enough.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Basically you don't have to buy the whole super market, just have canned/dried food, water and supplies for the quarentene period and that's good enough.

Exactly, reading pure gossip like you’d find in the Daily Mail or Sun just makes you feel powerless and the need to take action, even if it’s panic buying supplies kicks in.

As someone with several family members and friends at risk from this I’ve tried not to get oversaturated with the news but I’ve bought enough food provisions and supplies to make it through two weeks to a month. Which if we’re being honest with ourselves isn’t a lot.

GDeep™

League is very weak
One thing I have learnt is that it won’t take much for the “system” to fall apart and havoc to appear, which is scary. Unless you’re forward thinking like a Singapore or a very controlled society.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

One thing I have learnt is that it won’t take much for the “system” to fall apart and havoc to appear, which is scary. Unless you’re forward thinking like a Singapore or a very controlled society.
Did you listen to the pod? Mad how vulnerable we all are. The NHS won’t be able to cope.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Did you listen to the pod? Mad how vulnerable we all are. The NHS won’t be able to cope.
Nah, have tried to ignore everything to do with this, didn’t want to get dragged into the fear of it, but it feels like it’s come closer to home this week.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Depends on if the Government strategy works, rather than just have the whole country get overran like Italy if they can stagger the rate of infection there’ll be a strain on the NHS but it could be manageable. Big “if” though.

Top Bottom