• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Effect of Coronavirus on Arsenal

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I’m sick at home for 4 days now, with all Corona symptoms except a fever. Called the docter he won’t come, won’t help just told me to stay inside and ride it out. Already we have a shortage of test kits here so only people that feel like they’re dying get tested. Spent my night sleeping while sitting up because my throat would fill up with mucus and make me choke every 10 minutes when I slept in my bed.
Get well soon!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Dana is ****ing on one. :lol:

What about where they train? Sparing partners? Weight Cuts? Teammates? The boy Bruce?

503786.png

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I’m sick at home for 4 days now, with all Corona symptoms except a fever. Called the docter he won’t come, won’t help just told me to stay inside and ride it out. Already we have a shortage of test kits here so only people that feel like they’re dying get tested. Spent my night sleeping while sitting up because my throat would fill up with mucus and make me choke every 10 minutes when I slept in my bed.

Ride it out buddy take care

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Apparently, this virus isn't that fatal compared to others like Lassa, Ebola but why are people so scared.
Is it because of the High rate of infection?
Read a few answers to this but the correct one (cocky **** me) is that this virus can be transmitted while you're asymptomatic. So you could have the virus and pass it on to countless others without even knowing you had it. So it's far easier to spread. With something like Ebola it's not transmittable until you're showing symptoms so it's easier to contain. Feel sick? Get checked out and isolated/quarantined and you'll have done a fantastic job of containing it.

So it's Flu like in that regard but it's worse because of the mortality rate. Or more specifically the supposed mortality rate. It's two fold

1) People see 800 cases in the UK and 11 deaths and think a ~1% death rate isn't too high. Well it is since Flu only kills about a 1oth of that. And we're still not sure how those other ~789 cases will progress. You'd expect the old and sick to pack in the fight fairly soon, but that doesn't mean that younger and healthier people won't die as well. It could just meant he virus takes longer to kill them

2)The flip side to the is that the mortality rate might be much lower than that. At the moment the vast majority of people being tested are either those with known problematic contacts or the worse effected. That's going to skew the data. Some models have shown that maybe even 10,000 people are currently infected. In Ohio I say them say it might be at least 100,000. If that is the case then you're looking a virus that's actually no more sever than Flu and we just haven't fully grasped the scale of it yet.

Something like Eobla and Lass didn't have this problem since we'd had outbreaks decades before so had studied the diseases and knew exactly how deadly they were. This COVID-19 is totally new so we're still in the dark about it so the panic is a reaction of "better to be safe than sorry". You wanna overshoot and treat like the plague and have it end up like flu rather than underestimate it the other way around.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Actually the family of coronaviruses
Is known since previous epidemics of same family of Corona viruses SARS/MERS , but no-one has bothered creating a vaccine. Right now it's getting desperate.
Doctors push for treatment of coronavirus with blood from recovered patients

He didn’t say coronavirus is new, he said COVID19 is new. Which is true (atleast for humans).

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Read a few answers to this but the correct one (cocky **** me) is that this virus can be transmitted while you're asymptomatic. So you could have the virus and pass it on to countless others without even knowing you had it. So it's far easier to spread. With something like Ebola it's not transmittable until you're showing symptoms so it's easier to contain. Feel sick? Get checked out and isolated/quarantined and you'll have done a fantastic job of containing it.

So it's Flu like in that regard but it's worse because of the mortality rate. Or more specifically the supposed mortality rate. It's two fold

1) People see 800 cases in the UK and 11 deaths and think a ~1% death rate isn't too high. Well it is since Flu only kills about a 1oth of that. And we're still not sure how those other ~789 cases will progress. You'd expect the old and sick to pack in the fight fairly soon, but that doesn't mean that younger and healthier people won't die as well. It could just meant he virus takes longer to kill them

2)The flip side to the is that the mortality rate might be much lower than that. At the moment the vast majority of people being tested are either those with known problematic contacts or the worse effected. That's going to skew the data. Some models have shown that maybe even 10,000 people are currently infected. In Ohio I say them say it might be at least 100,000. If that is the case then you're looking a virus that's actually no more sever than Flu and we just haven't fully grasped the scale of it yet.

Something like Eobla and Lass didn't have this problem since we'd had outbreaks decades before so had studied the diseases and knew exactly how deadly they were. This COVID-19 is totally new so we're still in the dark about it so the panic is a reaction of "better to be safe than sorry". You wanna overshoot and treat like the plague and have it end up like flu rather than underestimate it the other way around.
The trouble with the Coronavirus is that it's an RNA virus, which means it's mutating all the time. The S type which came from animals and jumped to humans wasn't so bad. The newer L type mutation is more aggressive. It might change again, nobody knows. If it mutates further, people who have already had it can be reinfected. This is not going away anytime soon.

Uncle Good-Advice

If you don't have a fever it is extremely unlikely that you've contracted coronavirus. Get well mate!

Camus

Trusted ⭐
The trouble with the Coronavirus is that it's an RNA virus, which means it's mutating all the time. The S type which came from animals and jumped to humans wasn't so bad. The newer L type mutation is more aggressive. It might change again, nobody knows. If it mutates further, people who have already had it can be reinfected. This is not going away anytime soon.
Some scientist have questioned the conclusions of that paper since the sample size was so incredibly small and done during the early stages the outbreak. And regardless mutations a common part of viruses and happen all the time. Traits such as infectiousness and how harmful the virus is are governed by multiple genes, the chances of the virus mutating in such a way the they fall into place to heighten these traits is extremely rare.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Some scientist have questioned the conclusions of that paper since the sample size was so incredibly small and done during the early stages the outbreak. And regardless mutations a common part of viruses and happen all the time. Traits such as infectiousness and how harmful the virus is are governed by multiple genes, the chances of the virus mutating in such a way the they fall into place to heighten these traits is extremely rare.
It happened in the case of Spanish Flu. The Spring virus was not remarkable. The one that returned in November killed 50-100 million people.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

The fixation on mortality rate is pretty irrelevant to me.

What's important to me is number of patients requiring ICU per ICU bed. When this >1 then we're in trouble

True cases, registered cases, mortality rate based on these inaccurate figures are irrelevant

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Totally untrue. Asymptomatic transmission is real and documented.
That's why I wrote extremely unlikely instead of impossible. Besides his case hardly qualifies as asymptomatic if you read what he wrote...

It's not extremely unlikely. The likelihood of that is actually pretty big. As a healthy non risk group person you might contract the virus without developing any symptoms but you still spread it - although the newest reports say the 14 days of inhibition might be too high, you might only spread it for under 10 days - but you still might spread it. And experts suppose the dark number of infected without any symptoms is pretty high. And I assume the same. I don't think we'd have such a fast spread if only those with symptoms had been infected. I suspect there's a massive number of infected without symptoms out there, which makes it all the more important to act according to your social responsibility and minimize movement and social contact.

On one hand that's good: I guess if we knew all the numbers the death rate would drop significantly and there would be less panic, but at the same time this just makes stopping it vastly more complicated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom