• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Some of what he said was quite sad, so many what ifs at this club in the last 15 yrs. My feelings towards Fàbregas are very mixed. Thoroughly dislike him on one hand yet he has a special place in my heart too. Too many good memories, some of which are too emotional to just say I hate him completely.

I wonder how fans would feel if Ramsey came back to England in a similar fashion? People will say it depends how they act but I’m not sure I believe that entirely.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
WTF?

You think he woke and decided to join Chelsea?

Arsenal didn't want him. He wanted to come after barca offered him to us. Wenger said We had Özil, we didn't need him.
So what did you want him to do?
So he should join stoke. I don't get. So a player should torpedo his career just to please us.

It's pathetic that those same people who hate Cesc are the same people probably sucking off Özil

scytheavatar

Established Member
WTF?

Arsenal didn't want him. He wanted to come after barca offered him to us. Wenger said We had Özil, we didn't need him.
So he should join stoke. I don't get. So a player should torpedo his career just to please us.

It's pathetic that those same people who hate Cesc are the same people probably sucking off Özil

You cannot see yourself as an Arsenal guy and still be willing to join Chelsea, that's a ridiculous thing to do. Cesc obviously should be looking out for his career, so there is nothing wrong with him wanting to join Chelsea. Just stop pretending he is someone who wears the club on his sleeve.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

WTF?

I’m old school so, yeah Chelsea, Man U certain clubs just disqualify you from being an Arsenal legend in my opinion.
Cesc could have gone anywhere. If he moved to another crappy London club just to stay in London after Chelsea then you could have argued it but he’s at Monaco now, so yeah there was really no excuse.

Özil is f*cking useless and only the clueless try say otherwise. I’d take this legless burned out version of Cesc over any version of Özil that showed up at Arsenal 100%. Another Wenger failure if the offer was true, but one that made sense at the time to be fair to him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I’m old school so, yeah Chelsea, Man U certain clubs just disqualify you from being an Arsenal legend in my opinion.
Cesc could have gone anywhere. If he moved to another crappy London club just to stay in London after Chelsea then you could have argued it but he’s at Monaco now, so yeah there was really no excuse.

Özil is f*cking useless and only the clueless try say otherwise. I’d take this legless burned out version of Cesc over any version of Özil that showed up at Arsenal 100%. Another Wenger failure if the offer was true, but one that made sense at the time to be fair to him.

Legless burned out version of Cesc is like way more useless than current Özil you know......

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s convenient for Cesc to throw Wenger and others under the bus whilst failing to mention how open he was in trying to force a move to Barcelona for years.

That whole fiasco with him wearing a Barca shirt after winning the World Cup was embarrassing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For me, things started to go wrong in summer of 2008, so the Alonso comments by Cesc are very annoying.

We lost Lehmann and Gilberto that summer, that was a lot of experience, plus they were probably our two biggest leaders in the dressing room...we spent close to £30 million on Nasri and Arshavin in the next two windows, we really didn't need both...half of that could have been spent on either Given to improve on Almunia, or Alonso to give our midfield some experience (Xabi would have been very useful for us, when we moved Cesc to number 10 in 2009 too) shame.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You cannot see yourself as an Arsenal guy and still be willing to join Chelsea, that's a ridiculous thing to do. Cesc obviously should be looking out for his career, so there is nothing wrong with him wanting to join Chelsea. Just stop pretending he is someone who wears the club on his sleeve.
Legless burned out version of Cesc is like way more useless than current Özil you know......
At least, Cesc took responsibility on the pitch. He didn't throw his arms up in the air when things didn't go his way.

Only a troll will say Özil is better than Cesc.

Cesc always brought his A-game every game. He didn't decide when to turn up.

If I was him I wouldn't do things differently. At the end of the day, it's my career.

I wouldn't torpedo my career just to please certain persons.

I'm proud of him for making the decision to go to Chelsea. He wanted to come. Obviously I wanted him to come, but the our manager said we didn't need him and that Özil is doing just fine.

It's like a girl who left you then came back some years later to beg to take her back. You obviously still like her, but now you're with a chick who's not as hot as her who you don't like.
Instead of taking her back, you tell her you don't need her when deep down you really love her.
A $hitty analogy, I know

Call him a snake all you want, but some of you would do the same if you were in his shoes

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He kinda snaked it let’s be honest lol. The end of his tenure here was unacceptable then he doubled down and went to Chelsea.

He’s not wrong, we ran him into the ground with no trophies to show for it, he was right to leave. He’s accomplished way too much to not be considered a legend in football he’s generational talent. He’s just not an Arsenal legend that’s all.

Not sure what’s even up for discussion, his recent interview just confirmed stuff we all knew.

Only Nasri and VP was on his level - check
The squad mentality was poor - check
Recruitment was dog sh*t - check
He probably wouldn’t have left then if we showed just a little more ambition and low tolerance for no discipline- check

All still relevant till this day.

shrugs all round from me tbh.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
It’s convenient for Cesc to throw Wenger and others under the bus whilst failing to mention how open he was in trying to force a move to Barcelona for years.

That whole fiasco with him wearing a Barca shirt after winning the World Cup was embarrassing.

He didn't say anything negative about Wenger,just that some players didn't show same motivation and desire to win something in his last season with Arsenal.Probably knows better than us what happen there.

Well,he said that he pushed the move.Didn't fail to mention.

Riou

He kinda snaked it let’s be honest lol. The end of his tenure here was unacceptable then he doubled down and went to Chelsea.

He’s not wrong, we ran him into the ground with no trophies to show for it, he was right to leave. He’s accomplished way too much to not be considered a legend in football he’s generational talent. He’s just not an Arsenal legend that’s all.

Not sure what’s even up for discussion, his recent interview just confirmed stuff we all knew.

Think you need to be a legend at a club/country to be a football legend, Cesc isn't a legend anywhere, as good as he is at football.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think you need to be a legend at a club/country to be a football legend, Cesc isn't a legend anywhere, as good as he is at football.

He's cult hero,but not legend.We know who are real club legends,Totti,Del Piero,Xavi,Ramos,Messi,Gerrard,Lahm,Zanetti etc.

You just can't forget about them when you mention their clubs and you see big connection.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It’s definitely debatable I agree, Chelsea prem win aside - the club and international honours he won most likely have been won with or without him for sure.
Some younger Arsenal fans may argue it though, just not me.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He's cult hero,but not legend.We know who are real club legends,Totti,Del Piero,Xavi,Ramos,Messi,Gerrard,Lahm,Zanetti etc.

You just can't forget about them when you mention their clubs and you see big connection.
I bet the players that never won much like Totti or Gerrard regret it now. Totti got done dirty post retirement with the moves he turned down to stay. Get the money & the trophies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
WTF?

Stop trying to make this about Özil, Jury. Cesc being a snake doesn't make Özil a better player and vice versa.

Fabregas is trying to build bridges he burned himself because no one will have him. Chelsea fns don't care about him, Barca fans don't consider him a Barca DNA player anymore now that he flopped, so all that's left is to pander for Arsenal fans.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Same with Judas, United fans have no real connection with him, neither do the Dutch.

The less said about how Arsenal fans think of him the better.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I bet the players that never won much like Totti or Gerrard regret it now. Totti got done dirty post retirement with the moves he turned down to stay. Get the money & the trophies.

It's all about attachment to the club and players desire to win more titles.It's sure that most players don't give **** about club and only care for money and to win something if they're good enough to play for top teams.

Riou

I think if you genuinely are a fan of a club, you wouldn't mind being a club legend there but not winning anything.

If I was one of the best players in the world, I would be happy to spend my whole career at Arsenal, with the highest honour being an Emirates Cup...as I love this club, even in the completely crap times, it's been such a huge part of my life since I was a kid...think Totti probably feels the same.

But if the scenario was the same, but I was playing for a Everton for example...then I am jumping on the first plane to Madrid asap :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I disagree with this. Totti is a legend in Rome, if he’d have left and played for Madrid etc yes he’d have more honours, but right now he wouldn’t be remembered as an Icon, he’d be just another top player.

Im sure the likes of Totti and Gerrard love the status they have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom