• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Prime Fabregas is probably one of the best PL players ever. His 09/10 season is statistically up there among the best, he was everything for you that season. He broke his leg against Barca and you went on to lose 3, draw 1 and win 1 in your last 5 games after he pushed you to title contention with a quite frankly average squad.

I know he's not a super popular figure among some people but he was absolute world class and his style of play raised the floor in a way Özil simply can't and never has. He was the heartbeat of those teams, surrounded by players who've since gone on to do very little at much worse clubs.

It's not even a competition for me. Özil was a top class playmaker but Fabregas was more than that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yes, they are.

Calling me "Jury" a million times won't change that.

I could mention several posters here who are huge Özil acolytes on here who are the ones bashing Cesc

Be a man. Players will always come here and players will always leave. Nothing to be bitter about. Life is about learning how to handle disappointments, you know?

Just because they're Özil acolytes doesn't mean that they're wrong about Cesc being a snake, Jury.

Correlation does not imply causation.

You can chose not to hate him for the way he left the club, that's your prerrogative.

But you can't tell people to "be a man" and forget about it and when situations like Cesc's and RvP's are part of being a football fan. It's why Campbell being an amazing player for us is so sweet and why the **** hate him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You could argue that prime Özil could do it for a full season, while Cesc had a bit of a habit of playing really well for half of one, IIRC.

Having said that, Fabregas in his prime would still be a great EPL player right now, while prime Özil would still be a harder fit in most teams, since the n10 role's been kidna dead.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would have loved to have seen both in their primes, playing together for The Arse...Cesc outstanding control of a game from deep, mixed with Mesut’s killer though balls...would have been beautiful.

Think Fab is better though, only really have Vieira and Bergkamp over Cesc in terms of Arsenal CMs/AMs that I have watched.

Manberg

Predator
Fabregas was a star player, one of the best we ever seen in the league. He stood out amongst poor players. Özil needed good players around him to perform well, but he couldn’t carry a team.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol it’s not even a contest.

Cesc is the reason why half of us look at Özil funny. Cesc was just too dominant and consistent. Wengerball kinda died with Cesc’s exit.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Prime Fabregas is probably one of the best PL players ever. His 09/10 season is statistically up there among the best, he was everything for you that season. He broke his leg against Barca and you went on to lose 3, draw 1 and win 1 in your last 5 games after he pushed you to title contention with a quite frankly average squad.

I know he's not a super popular figure among some people but he was absolute world class and his style of play raised the floor in a way Özil simply can't and never has. He was the heartbeat of those teams, surrounded by players who've since gone on to do very little at much worse clubs.

It's not even a competition for me. Özil was a top class playmaker but Fabregas was more than that.
Spot on. Comfortably our best player of the Emirates’ era.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would have loved to have seen both in their primes, playing together for The Arse...Cesc outstanding control of a game from deep, mixed with Mesut’s killer though balls...would have been beautiful.

Think Fab is better though, only really have Vieira and Bergkamp over Cesc in terms of Arsenal CMs/AMs that I have watched.
Cesc has always had a better final ball than Mesut, it was the best aspect of his game.

If you’re going to pick an attribute for Mesut you’d pick his movement and ability to pop up in spaces between the lines.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I always wonder how the potential partnerships of Fabregas/Sanchez/Ramsey/Giroud might have worked out, in contrast to Özil being in there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He wasn't that good either.More-less invisible in all big games,weak mentality
I compared his big game record to KDB in a post in November 2018 and they're not far off:
Sp**s
KDB 1 goal, 0 assists in 3 games
Özil 1 goal, 0 assists in 4 games

Chelsea
Özil 0 goals, 0 assists in 4 games

United
KDB 1 goal, 0 assists in 4 games
Özil 1 goal, 1 assist in 4 games

Liverpool
KDB 0 goals, 0 assists in 2 games
Özil 0 goals, 0 assists in 3 games
And we had some solid teams since his time at Arsenal.Until 2017 or something like that.
Wasted his best season on this:
Cg0Pf2sUcAEisDO.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Honestly think people have forgotten how good Cesc was at his peak. Different weight class to Özil.

More productive player given that he actually knew how to score goals, could dominate a game from deep, rose to the big occasions, and could (and did) often carry an underperforming team with him. He was a leader, not just an assist machine.

When you factor in mentality the two are chalk and cheese. Give peak Mesut a penalty in a big game and you know he’d bottle it. Whereas Cesc would score it with a broken leg.

:drool:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Honestly think people have forgotten how good Cesc was at his peak. Different weight class to Özil.

More productive player given that he actually knew how to score goals, could dominate a game from deep, rose to the big occasions, and could (and did) often carry an underperforming team with him. He was a leader, not just an assist machine.

When you factor in mentality the two are chalk and cheese. Give peak Mesut a penalty in a big game and you know he’d bottle it. Whereas Cesc would score it with a broken leg.

:drool:

Yeah Cesc was absolutely unreal, watching that first video just shows how all round he was, nearly as good as Ruben Neves imo.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I compared his big game record to KDB in a post in November 2018 and they're not far off:
Sp**s
Özil 1 goal, 0 assists in 4 games

Chelsea
Özil 0 goals, 0 assists in 4 games

United
KDB 1 goal, 0 assists in 4 games
Özil 1 goal, 1 assist in 4 games

Liverpool
KDB 0 goals, 0 assists in 2 games
Özil 0 goals, 0 assists in 3 games

Wasted his best season on this:
Cg0Pf2sUcAEisDO.jpg

Statistic can cover up a lot of things.

I don't remember a lot of good games by Özil against top teams.And like we said,he needs top players to be in his best,as you show that we were crap in scoring goals and it wasn't his fault.

So,Cesc was always better at Arsenal.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
In fairness a lot of people would agree when I say a Cesc + Özil combination for us would have been amazing to watch.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Statistic can cover up a lot of things.

I don't remember a lot of good games by Özil against top teams.And like we said,he needs top players to be in his best,as you show that we were crap in scoring goals and it wasn't his fault.

So,Cesc was always better at Arsenal.
He's had plenty of good performances against the top teams, usually at home.
Cesc delivered with Chamakh upfront. FFS Chamakh.
Not entirely true. Chamakh was only first choice for 4 months, and Nasri was actually in the form of his life at the time. Fabregas was struggling with a hamstring injury at the time.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You could argue that prime Özil could do it for a full season, while Cesc had a bit of a habit of playing really well for half of one, IIRC.

Having said that, Fabregas in his prime would still be a great EPL player right now, while prime Özil would still be a harder fit in most teams, since the n10 role's been kidna dead.
I think you got it wrong brah

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I bet the players that never won much like Totti or Gerrard regret it now. Totti got done dirty post retirement with the moves he turned down to stay. Get the money & the trophies.

I think it’s the opposite actually, Totti’s a World Cup and Serie A winner and Gerrard won the CL.

If Gerrard went to Chelsea he’d have burnt all the bridges with the Liverpool fans and even though he’d have racked up some league titles it’s a struggle to see him as a Lampard or Terry type legend.

Being linked forever to these clubs and held in high regard and maybe winning a title is much more memorable afterwards.

It’s like the NBA, that 2011 title for Dirk means so much more than KD’s titles with the Warriors.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just because they're Özil acolytes doesn't mean that they're wrong about Cesc being a snake, Jury.

Correlation does not imply causation.

You can chose not to hate him for the way he left the club, that's your prerrogative.

But you can't tell people to "be a man" and forget about it and when situations like Cesc's and RvP's are part of being a football fan. It's why Campbell being an amazing player for us is so sweet and why the **** hate him.
You can choose to be bitter about it. But most footballers in his position would have made exactly the same the decision.

I really applaud him for it.

He gave us his best years here so I was happy for the move.

It's not like he directly moved to Chelsea. He went to Barca FFS.
When he tried returning to arsenal, our coach told him he wasn't needed and that we have Özil.

Chelsea was the only other serious top club in for him. It was an easy choice IMO.

Of course the A-Mers would have preferred he went to westbrom just to please them

:rofl:

Latest posts

Top Bottom