• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Cesc playing the victim narrative. Never heard a footballer speak like this before. All Arsenal players played in less than competitive teams, that was our lot after stadium change and now that we’re up against more ambitious owners.

Cesc is still widely loved and respected by a huge amount of the fan base, me too, there is no need for this sort of PR face saving type interview where he is basically throwing everyone under a lorry.

He said that our board was very bad and some players in team were dross and didn't care about titles.He's right about that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Fabregas did nothing to warrant legend status, great player, sure. Possibly up there with RvP and Alexis as far as post Highbury quality goes, but far from a legend.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

At least Özil did it against an opponent, not picking on a senior citizen like Cesc
I just don't find that to be any kind of equivalent, and at the very least it's a level below.

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing Dani Alves be made a ***** of, but there's no soap box for Özil to stand on in that moment.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He said that our board was very bad and some players in team were dross and didn't care about titles.He's right about that.

Cry me a river, if Cesc wanted to be known as an Arsenal legend he would have struck to us and gotten trophies for us even when the tide is against us. He is entitled to care more about his career than the club, but that without a doubt disqualifies him from legend status.

Manberg

Predator
Cry me a river, if Cesc wanted to be known as an Arsenal legend he would have struck to us and gotten trophies for us even when the tide is against us. He is entitled to care more about his career than the club, but that without a doubt disqualifies him from legend status.

So do you consider the players who won FA cups with Arsenal this decade as legends?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
(Henry) Cesc, RVP, and Alexis.

All 3 (4) saw the direction the club was going, got fed up with carrying the players around them, and felt the correct decision for their career was moving on to a new club with higher ambitions as Arsenal FC was going nowhere anytime soon. Look at the bigger picture of the Emirates era as a whole, and the slide which has been taking place, and the real issues isn’t these individual players not staying around to be milked for top4 finishes anymore.

The issues Cesc highlighted have been going on for ages and we’ve all see it week in week out (fragile mentality, lack of commitment, cheap/poor recruitment, and overall lack of leadership both on and off the pitch). The current disaster of a squad and league position shows all the players listed above were correct in their decision to move on.

If half the supporters who’ve jeered every one of Cesc’s, RVP’s or Sanchez’s touches when they played against Arsenal directed their hurt/frustrations at the real issue (the board/owner) than maybe the club would become a location where top players wanted to play for again as pressure would build to force the clowns in suits out (who would then get the clowns in the kit out).

Finally although there is alot of hurt being typed out in here, Cesc was a top, top, player for Arsenal Football Club and nothing he did after leaving the club changes that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Spain and Barca would've won those trophies without him, easily.

Cesc didn't always deliver though, he had his fair share of big-game failures. He went years without making laying a glove on Chelsea, for example. Not all his fault of course but lets not rewrite history because he gave a nice interview.

You can't just compare Cesc at his best, with Özil in his quieter seasons. The debate is about the two in their primes.
He gave the assist to iniesta to score that winning goal in the world cup final. so it isn't true to say Spain would have won it without him.

He and Torres were the top scorers in the 2012 Euro. So he did contribute to those cup wins.

He had more goals and assist than Xavi and Iniesta during those two Euros and World cup

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Spain and Barca would've won those trophies without him, easily.

Cesc didn't always deliver though, he had his fair share of big-game failures. He went years without making laying a glove on Chelsea, for example. Not all his fault of course but lets not rewrite history because he gave a nice interview.

You can't just compare Cesc at his best, with Özil in his quieter seasons. The debate is about the two in their primes.
Who delivers in every big game? Nobody. We don’t sling **** at Henry for apparently blowing it in some high-profile big games. We put it down to other factors if we discuss it or just not speak about it... Cesc in his primes cacks all over Özil.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why has this turned into a Cesc v Özil thread, Cesc clearly had the better Arsenal career.

This is about Cesc desperately trying to find himself a home as his career nears its end. Don’t know why he doesn’t just play up to Chelsea, they love him there.

My only conclusion is that deep down he wishes he went down the Totti/Gerrard route and ended his career with 600 Arsenal apps and legendary status on par with our greats. Instead he chose cheap trophies, oh well.

GoonerJay24

Lack of repest from Fabrigas, he never mentioned Rosicky, Hleb and Arshavin, Diaby in terms of technique. Those guys were brilliant.

In terms of mental strength I think Gallas should have got a mention, same applies to Song, Ramsey and Sagna.

The problem is that the team was always 4 players short from being perfect. They played a more entertaining football than the invincibles if you ask me.

They were all inconsistent, always injured or didn't produce enough goals and assists, Fabregas is right.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

He's not our legend,just cult hero probably.Players are ambitious and they want to win more titles as they can in their career.

Legends stay forver in club,no matter what,but we lack quality to compete for titles and Cesc wanted something new.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Who delivers in every big game? Nobody. We don’t sling **** at Henry for apparently blowing it in some high-profile big games. We put it down to other factors if we discuss it or just not speak about it.
I saw people on twitter arguing that Drogba is a bigger legend than Henry because of his cup final goals, so there is some **** being slung at him :lol:
Cesc in his primes cacks all over Özil.
I'm not trying to downplay Cesc at all but prime Özil even had a special place in bus merchant Mourinho's heart

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I saw people on twitter arguing that Drogba is a bigger legend than Henry because of his cup final goals

samsung-eo-didier-drogba-i-asked-my-son-whos-your-18349060.png

...when your own son doesn’t have your back, how can you be a bigger legend than Titi!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
My only conclusion is that deep down he wishes he went down the Totti/Gerrard route and ended his career with 600 Arsenal apps and legendary status on par with our greats. Instead he chose cheap trophies, oh well.

No point to leaving Arsenal if he wanted that ? He wanted to win titles at Arsenal,but we didn't make it.

Top Bottom