• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You rate Martinelli? I don’t see a top footballer. Hard worker with an eye for goal, great attitude etc. Not your traditional Brazilian wonder boy type talent.
I don’t like him out wide, up front though his finishes in the Europa league are ridiculous. Think he’s got a bit of Luis Suarez to him, has everything needed it seems to lead the line for us though we’ll no doubt waste him on the wing.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think his problem is that for Utd fans he’d be seen as a lesser star in a galaxy of them.

When you think of iconic Utd PL strikers there’s probably about five or six their fans would remember above RvP.

Theres money to be made linking yourself to a fanbase in retirement, whether it’s a back room job like Maldini or Totti, or the way the class of 92 have constantly mined Utd fans’ nostalgia.

It’s tough for Robin, he’s not really an icon at any of his clubs. Spent a few years at Feyenoord at the start and end of his career, was injured for much of his time at Arsenal and his departure soured his last year and a half, then at Utd he had one great season before the team around him imploded.

RVP was their best player in Alex Ferguson's last season and won United number 20 practically single-handedly, they definitely hold him to a high regard even though he's not quite legend status.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
RVP was their best player in Alex Ferguson's last season and won United number 20 practically single-handedly, they definitely hold him to a high regard even though he's not quite legend status.
Agreed. The combination of #20 and sticking it to Arsenal means he could have left the season after and still been beloved.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They’ve just got so many legends in their history let alone strikers.

Im sure Utd fans would all think more fondly of Cole, Van Nistelrooy, Yorke, Cantona, Solskjaer, Rooney and borderline Sheringham before RvP if you were to ask them to name a Utd striking legend.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Both Fabregas and Van Persie are in that awkward position of having the ability to be football legends, but just didn't achieve enough at the clubs they played for to be classed as legends, must be very frustrating for both.

They could be legends at Arsenal,if they stayed whole career.They put themselves above club.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
They’ve just got so many legends in their history let alone strikers.

Im sure Utd fans would all think more fondly of Cole, Van Nistelrooy, Yorke, Cantona, Solskjaer, Rooney and borderline Sheringham before RvP if you were to ask them to name a Utd striking legend.

We're not comparing him though, when you think of Alex Ferguson's last title at Man Utd Van Persie won it for them. He has a legacy at Man Utd.

If he stayed here he wouldn't have ever won the league, who cares about being a legend to Arsenal fans when you could have a PL medal.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We're not comparing him though, when you think of Alex Ferguson's last title at Man Utd Van Persie won it for them. He has a legacy at Man Utd.

If he stayed here he wouldn't have ever won the league, who cares about being a legend to Arsenal fans when you could have a PL medal.

Some players care tbf.It just depends what is more important to them.

Brett

The decision to let RVP go to utd, just killed anything I had for Arsène.
I wouldn't have cared if he left us for free. You just don't gift your rivals a title.
It's the same with Auba. I will never be able to forgive Raul if he sells to Utd. I always blame the club not the player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There’s a monetary value you can place on being associated as a “legend”. A lot of former players have got media jobs and jobs behind the scenes off the back of their association with a particular club.

Don’t blame him for getting his medal at all, just a fact that he’s not going to be a great at any club. Hopefully he doesn’t care about it.

GoonerJay24

The decision to let RVP go to utd, just killed anything I had for Arsène.
I wouldn't have cared if he left us for free. You just don't gift your rivals a title.
It's the same with Auba. I will never be able to forgive Raul if he sells to Utd. I always blame the club not the player.

United aren't a rival anymore

Brilliant brilliant player! I hope there is another interview soon! I would like to hear what his future plans are in regard to Arsenal. Surely he will come back and help us in some way!

MikeVinna

Established Member
Brilliant brilliant player! I hope there is another interview soon! I would like to hear what his future plans are in regard to Arsenal. Surely he will come back and help us in some way!

He was a brilliant player for sure. But is he Arsenal through and through? I doubt that to be honest. Especially after being snubbed by Wenger and going to Chelsea. Which was one of Arsène’s absolute worst decisions up there with selling RvP to Manure.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was a brilliant player for sure. But is he Arsenal through and through? I doubt that to be honest. Especially after being snubbed by Wenger and going to Chelsea. Which was one of Arsène’s absolute worst decisions up there with selling RvP to Manure.
The club sold RvP not Wenger. Wenger can’t decide wether a business like Arsenal make 20-30M or not based just on a footballing decision.

If you don’t sell Robin, you lose millions, no business ever accepts those losses.

Manberg

Predator
Cesc’s exit hurt me a lot more than RVP’s exit. Cesc was everything about Arsenal from just before we moved to the Emirates until he left. It left a hole in my heart that hasn’t been plugged.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nothing should hurt more than Cole. Youth product, one of the great defensive talents of the last 30 years, joins Chelsea ffs.

I think he could see what was coming though, Chelsea had his English mates and were signing big talents while we were heading towards a tightening of budgets, our strong cycle ending, and no top players coming in.

Manberg

Predator
Nothing should hurt more than Cole. Youth product, one of the great defensive talents of the last 30 years, joins Chelsea ffs.

I think he could see what was coming though, Chelsea had his English mates and were signing big talents while we were heading towards a tightening of budgets, our strong cycle ending, and no top players coming in.

It came in a period where it felt like all our invincibles were moving on. For that reason, it didn’t sting as such.

Top Bottom